Dear AT&T,

I was a loyal T-Mobile customer for a decade and last year my family convinced me to switch to you, as they all use AT&T and have for decades. It has been a year and a few months and I have changed devices a number of times, not due to failure, but selection. T-Mobile at one point carried a solid range of devices, but seeing you embrace technology as of late has made me very happy to be with you as a customer (and hopefully for life).

Except for this.

Your choice to not release this phone, which I have waited patiently for (I keep an unlimited data plan by choice and need) has made me consider other carriers. My needs are having data and voice concurrently, which only you and T-Mobile share. T-Mobile's quality of service is what ultimately led me to find solace in my decision to leave. This leaves me with Verizon (who has outstanding service) and Sprint (who offers unlimited data), but without my ultimate need, which is voice and data concurrently.

Again, my service quality has been outstanding with you, but if you continue to not offer the Bold 9900 (and quite honestly, it is a phone requirement, since nothing else performs like a Blackberry for my needs), I will be forced to move to a different carrier. Both Verizon and Sprint are excellent carriers with reputable records and service where I work and live, so the clock is ticking.

Please release this phone immediately so I can continue to use the service and carrier of my choice. Don't force me to leave - that is the worst choice you can give a paying customer - by removing their options and forcing them to either stay and be unhappy or leave to become happy.

That's not the right choice.

I chose you as a carrier, please choose me as a customer.
    09-06-11 11:54 AM
    They don't care.
    09-06-11 12:19 PM
    I just ported someone from ATT to sprint today because of the 9930
    09-06-11 12:21 PM
    Dump them. I did and am very happy at Sprint.

They must be getting their palms greased by Apple.

But I digress.
    Alberta Blue likes this.
    09-06-11 12:24 PM
    I just ported someone from ATT to sprint today because of the 9930
    So I have three lines with AT&T, all under contract. Any suggestions to migrate without paying ETF fees?
    09-06-11 12:25 PM
    Jeez, a couple of months isn't going to kill anybody. No need for drama. If you really are that desperate for a new OS7 BB, get the 9810.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-06-11 12:28 PM
    So I have three lines with AT&T, all under contract. Any suggestions to migrate without paying ETF fees?
    You would need to find someone to take over your contract.

This is an old article, but it does provide some information.
    09-06-11 12:30 PM
    ported my # to T-Mobile yesterday. i get excellent service from them at home just like i did from AT&T. Their 4G is lightning fast!
    09-06-11 12:33 PM
    VZW has voice and data concurrently when the phone is connected to wifi... I know, its not quite the same, but it could be helpful if your around a wifi connection for most of the day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    [email protected] likes this.
    09-06-11 12:34 PM
    Jeez, a couple of months isn't going to kill anybody. No need for drama. If you really are that desperate for a new OS7 BB, get the 9810.
    It's the principle of the thing. The other carriers have the new phones. What is up with ATT? Doesn't smell right. It's also lame customer service on their part.
    09-06-11 12:34 PM
    It's the principle of the thing. The other carriers have the new phones. What is up with ATT? Doesn't smell right. It's also lame customer service on their part.
    AT&T has the 9810 as an exclusive. No other US carriers offer it.

They will have the 9900 eventually, but they are promoting their exclusive 9810 now. BTW, the 9810 is only $49.99 with a new 2-year contract, which is much cheaper than what other US carriers are charging for the 9900/9930 with a new 2-year contract.
    09-06-11 12:39 PM
    I dumped AT&T yesterday. Walked into the Verizon store and picked up a beautiful Bold 9930. I don't have any regrets. Whatever minor issues I've had (after an afternoon of use I've had my email freeze up and the LED light just blinked for no reason until I did a battery pull) I still am happy with my decision. I love using this device. I find myself writing more emails and texts than before. This keyboard is a joy. Looks great and feels great in my hands. As long as the hardware holds up, I'll be happy.

09-06-11 12:45 PM
    No thank you, I do not want that phone. I do not like the form factor.

There are other reasons as well. My two kids, who I provide phones to, also want to migrate to a smartphone...and AT&T no longer offers unlimited data. I *know* that my two kids will burn through data worse than me and I use my fair share. On top of that, I receive an employee discount on all carriers and Sprint provides the best discount and features for what I would like.

I didn't go to Sprint previously because I was stuck in the mindset that I needed to have concurrent voice and data...but upon some reflection, that is the minorest of niggles for me. I can stand to not have both if the service and selection is superior to that provided by AT&T.
    09-06-11 12:47 PM
    I wouldn't leave a carrier I was otherwise happy with because of a phone not releasing on time that you know they are going to eventually release anyways...
    Chrisy, Blacklatino and Duvi like this.
    09-06-11 12:57 PM
    Last time I checked, no one "needs" any smartphone or any particular plan type.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 12:58 PM
    Wait for the contract to end.
    09-06-11 01:01 PM
    I wouldn't leave a carrier I was otherwise happy with because of a phone not releasing on time that you know they are going to eventually release anyways...
    But that's the rub, I am not entirely happy.....the service is excellent here in Dallas but subpar when I travel, which is about six times a year. I base my decision on mostly where I use my phone most, at home.......but still, the service is also more expensive with AT&T, and now that I see the other offerings I feel wronged on many levels.
    09-06-11 01:38 PM
    Last time I checked, no one "needs" any smartphone or any particular plan type.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    No offense, please, but if you don't have any constructive ways to assist me, don't post. The request was for assistance, not statements like yours.

You're posting for no constructive reason.
    jhamilton3#CB and bsannich like this.
    09-06-11 01:40 PM
    Your theoretical data speed will be significantly lower on the same device with sprint versus at&t (the only way it wouldn't be is if you have no 3g in the first place).

Even if this handset released earlier on Sprint, it does not mean others will be the same, considering GSM usually tends to get releases earlier.

No more call + data while traveling obviously.

It's your money though. You say your service is subpar when traveling 6 times a year, but do you have a reference as to how Sprints coverage is when traveling to the same areas? If not you're jumping from a known quantity with good reception where you spend most of your time to a complete unknown.
    09-06-11 01:42 PM
    No offense, please, but if you don't have any constructive ways to assist me, don't post. The request was for assistance, not statements like yours.

You're posting for no constructive reason.
    No offense taken
    And if you don't want my opinion, don't post in a public forum

Blacklatino likes this.
    09-06-11 01:44 PM
    Your theoretical data speed will be significantly lower on the same device with sprint versus at&t (the only way it wouldn't be is if you have no 3g in the first place).

Even if this handset released earlier on Sprint, it does not mean others will be the same, considering GSM usually tends to get releases earlier.

No more call + data while traveling obviously.

It's your money though. You say your service is subpar when traveling 6 times a year, but do you have a reference as to how Sprints coverage is when traveling to the same areas? If not you're jumping from a known quantity with good reception where you spend most of your time to a complete unknown.
    Regarding travel, you make an excellent point, which is why I have also discussed this with colleagues who travel to the same locations and use Sprint (and Verizon, for that matter) and they state that their service is impeccable.

I'm a research hound by nature. Thank you for asking that, though, there are those who would not have thought of that ahead of time.
    09-06-11 01:58 PM
    No offense taken
    And if you don't want my opinion, don't post in a public forum

Touche'
    09-06-11 02:00 PM
    I found this article which seems to be right up my alley as to how I would discuss this with someone.

Script For Escaping Cingular Contracts Without Fee, Based On New Arbitration Clause - The Consumerist
    09-06-11 02:01 PM
    Im in the same boat - Im only staying to be able to keep my Unlimited data plan. I was pretty close to ditching my Unlimited data until the latest PlayBook OS came out.
    09-06-11 04:20 PM
    Im in the same boat - Im only staying to be able to keep my Unlimited data plan. I was pretty close to ditching my Unlimited data until the latest PlayBook OS came out.
    I am in the same boat as you are... I am a business user. AT&T needs to get this out quickly.
    09-06-11 04:38 PM
125 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD