Is the rumored October release still the most current information?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 11:53 AM
    Seems to be unfortunately. I'm almost 100% that I'll be getting this phone unless they do some big deal on the Torch beforehand. I'll probably end up waiting until late in the month so that if they do a Black Friday deal again, I can either get the refund or exchange for a Torch possibly if it ends up being free. The bad news is I have to wait a month and a half for a new phone when I'm itching like crazy for something new!
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 09-06-11 at 02:57 PM.
    09-06-11 02:50 PM
    Seems to be unfortunately. I'm almost 100% that I'll be getting this phone unless they do some big deal on the Torch beforehand. I'll probably end up waiting until late in the month so that if they do a Black Friday deal again, I can either get the refund or exchange for a Torch possibly if it ends up being free. The bad news is I have to wait a month and a half for a new phone when I'm itching like crazy for something new!
    I know how you feel. I've got the itch too but lack the cash needed to scratch it. I've even considered one of the cheap Androids.

Problem is that my 9650 is still going strong and there isn't any real reason to replace it other than I want to.

Oh well, I guess I will have to be patient. November isn't really that far away and maybe we will fid that good things come to those who wait. I keep telling myself that anyway.

john_v likes this.
    09-06-11 03:39 PM
    yeah same here....Bold 9650 is rock solid, more than gets me through the day on battery, and I've got all the apps I need.

Now if there was an app that would magically generate cash into my bank account...
    09-06-11 07:09 PM
    I keep wanting to upgrade as well, but cant make my mind up on the torch. My 9650 is working fine so maybe I will wait it out as well.......or maybe I'll buy it tomorrow
    09-06-11 11:02 PM
    I've just found myself with another dilema. Some might call it an option, but I realized that if I wait until February when my 18 month upgrade is due I will likely have enough points saved up to get nice phone for free.

So now what?! Use the points to buy an early upgrade and pay for the phone or wait and use the points to buy the actual phone.

I need to stay off of USCC's website for a while. It's causing me too much stress. LOL.

Evil_Jeff likes this.
    09-07-11 05:56 AM
    Well if you wait, by that time there may be a 9930 to choose from, not to mention maybe more apps for OS7. And if not, maybe a qnx phone

I've just found myself with another dilema. Some might call it an option, but I realized that if I wait until February when my 18 month upgrade is due I will likely have enough points saved up to get nice phone for free.

So now what?! Use the points to buy an early upgrade and pay for the phone or wait and use the points to buy the actual phone.

I need to stay off of USCC's website for a while. It's causing me too much stress. LOL.

09-07-11 07:25 AM

Are you projecting about 10,000 points for a free 9350? I'll actually have that by the end of the year, but my standard phone upgrade date isn't until March. I'll probably go the accelerator route.
    09-07-11 04:26 PM
    Are you projecting about 10,000 points for a free 9350? I'll actually have that by the end of the year, but my standard phone upgrade date isn't until March. I'll probably go the accelerator route.
    It seems that the new/higher end devices are priced at 15,000 points and up and the lower end/older(near or past EOL) are 15,000 and down.

I will probably end up going the accelerator route as well. I'm trying my hardest to wait and see what black Friday may bring. Once the 9650 is released that is going to be hard to do though.

I notices that you can get a WinMo 6.5 phone for only 2000 pionts. Maybe I'll jump on that. Or not.

09-09-11 12:01 PM
    Do not get a win6.5 device, the OS is old and dead, it wasn't that great when it came out. However the new Windows Phone 7 is great.
    09-10-11 03:30 PM
    Do not get a win6.5 device, the OS is old and dead, it wasn't that great when it came out. However the new Windows Phone 7 is great.
    I wouldn't touch WinMo 6.5 with a 10 foot pole. Please read sarcasm in my last post. I'm not a big Microsoft fan. In fact the only reason I have Windows on my computer is for BlackBerry support.

09-10-11 05:26 PM
    I wouldn't touch WinMo 6.5 with a 10 foot pole. Please read sarcasm in my last post. I'm not a big Microsoft fan. In fact the only reason I have Windows on my computer is for BlackBerry support.

I second the part about winmob 6.5...but I was entertaining the idea of getting a couple of these at 2000 points each for the kids. Never got around to checking out xda to see if android would run on them...but it was a nice thought while it lasted
    09-10-11 05:37 PM
    The October launch seems to be fairly concrete. I got to play with one yesterday. My 9850 will be going back today, and I'll be getting one of these at launch.

Honestly, if I were in your position, I would wait until February. The 9650 still is, IMO, the best CDMA Blackberry yet. Plus by February, I would expect to hear some news on the QNX phones, which are going to be far superior than the OS7 devices. The only reason I'm getting a Curve is because I can with no repercussions.
    09-15-11 07:15 AM
    The October launch seems to be fairly concrete. I got to play with one yesterday. My 9850 will be going back today, and I'll be getting one of these at launch.

Honestly, if I were in your position, I would wait until February. The 9650 still is, IMO, the best CDMA Blackberry yet. Plus by February, I would expect to hear some news on the QNX phones, which are going to be far superior than the OS7 devices. The only reason I'm getting a Curve is because I can with no repercussions.
    Thanks for the info Jeff. Any word on the pricing of the Curve?

If I can afford it I will probably get one at launch. It won't take all my points to move up my upgrade and by the time thewre is any solid news/rumors on QNX I will have enough points to upgrade again.

To be honest, the 9350 is what I've wished for for quite a while. The screen from my 9650 with a Curve keyboard is a killer combination if you ask me.

I also expect the first wave of QNX phones to pe priced well outside what I am willing to spend anyway.

09-15-11 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the info Jeff. Any word on the pricing of the Curve?
    All they said was "cheap".
    09-15-11 12:25 PM
    Does the curve have much better specs then the 9650? Other then OS 7 what does the curve offer?
    09-15-11 01:18 PM
    Does the curve have much better specs then the 9650? Other then OS 7 what does the curve offer?
    The Curve has a considerably faster processorrunning at 800 MHz
    It also has a 5MP camera (no auto focus though)
    Runs BB7 (as you mentioned)
    Has NFC capability. (not a big deal yet but might be sometime)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. It's probably not a big upgrade from the 9650, but Bla1ze did a review of the 9360(gsm version) and reported that it ran circles around the Bold 9780. I would assume that the same goes for the cdma version as well.

09-15-11 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the info. I haven't really paid any attention to the curve.
    09-15-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD