1. Awesome browser that renders webpage in a PC like format. All links clikable, forms able to be filled out, all functionality available.

2. Free audible turn by turn GPS Navigation. I thought Blackberry Maps was moving towards this. Haven't heard any updates.

3. Make BBM cross platform.

4. Flash browser.

5. More apps available. No, not games or time wasters. Regular apps like Happy Cow, Places, Delta. These are handy.

6. Lite widgets or scrolling text boxes. BerryWeather-like changing icons to view info at a glance. For example, I use a Kayak.com widget to view flight changes, gate info without having to open and sign into an app. I'd love to have a CNN-like scrolling or updating version of this on BlackBerry.

7. More visual calendar. I liked the BlackBerry calendar as it is easy to add and edit events. However, just seeing a colored triangle for an event isn't enough for me. I'd love to be able to view text, in month view, in the day box.

8. Front facing camera. Turns out Skype video is great.

I can't wait to see a QNX BlackBerry! I hope it is a Playbook in a smaller form! I switched mainly for the browser (need Flash), so if QNX provides the above things I can't wait to switch back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-19-11 at 03:42 PM.
    09-06-11 08:44 AM
    Nothing at all. I've always been impressed with Google's services/products, and I love the integration & options that Android allows us to choose from
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-06-11 10:17 AM
    Chrisy, I'm in agreement with your entire list! Also, for me, RIM would have to pull off some revolutionary feature or set of features making it like nothing else on the market. Something that I just couldn't live without. The new full touchscreen torch is definitely a step in the right direction, but it has a lot to do to catch up with the likes of Android.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-06-11 11:11 AM
    A fast browser, and good apps that don't cost an arm and a leg. BB app store seemingly has the highest prices of all the major platforms, and the least interesting selection. Go figure...

Sent from my SCH - I500 using Tapatalk. Rooted on jt1134's Vanilla Gingerbread v7 rom. Overclocked to 1.2ghz.
    Chrisy and cinnamin like this.
    09-06-11 12:42 PM
    Although he's pretty blunt, Paxdad has a great point
    09-06-11 12:46 PM
    -Cloud functionality (the only thing I dislike more than BBDM is iTunes).
    -Increased software development (productivity, entertainment, etc).
    -Increased interoperability with Google apps.
    -Hotspot capability.

Not asking for a whole lot. I'd forego some of the things I enjoy now, like customizations, Netflix and videochat, for a focus on the above.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-06-11 12:47 PM
    A person can also switch back to BB for the #1 greatest reason............

Because they wanted to.
    cinnamin likes this.
    09-06-11 12:50 PM
    A person can also switch back to BB for the #1 greatest reason............

Because they wanted to.
    That's why I would. "I'm in the mood for BlackBerry, that's why." lol

Yeah, I was curious to hear specifics if anyone wanted to share.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-06-11 at 01:07 PM.
    09-06-11 12:54 PM
    -Cloud functionality (the only thing I dislike more than BBDM is iTunes).
    -Increased software development (productivity, entertainment, etc).
    -Increased interoperability with Google apps.
    -Hotspot capability.

Not asking for a whole lot. I'd forego some of the things I enjoy now, like customizations, Netflix and videochat, for a focus on the above.
    I would give up some features I'm used to too. I agree with the Google apps too. Google voice was terrible on BlackBerry. It froze up alot and required refreshing or a reboot to send or receive "texts." Works awesome on Android.

And when I came back to CB I asked if BlackBerry had mobile hotspot yet. I thought they had that now. Yes/No?

Originally Posted by chrisy520
    Can you take payments yet with BlackBerry?

Reply:
    My company has been taking payments on BlackBerry for about 2 years now.

Originally Posted by chrisy520
    Do they have mobile hotspots?

Reply:
    Take a look at BlackBerry Mobile HotSpot and tethering for OS 6.1 | CrackBerry.com

Snarky Comment:
    For someone who spends their life on this site, you sure seem to have missed a lot. Keep trying though.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...ml#post6648423
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-06-11 at 01:02 PM.
    09-06-11 12:57 PM
    That's why I would. "I'm in the mood for BlackBerry, that's why." lol

Yeah, I was curious to heat specifics if anyone wanted to share.
    Yea cause everyone isn't into phone specifics like that. One of my co-workers just got the 9930. She had a Droid 2 and when the 9930 came out she copped it the next day.

One of the "techy" type guys asked her why did she switch back to BB, she said "because I wanted to". I was like, Well lol.
    09-06-11 01:04 PM
    Being told that the welfare of my business or family depended on the reliability of my smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 01:07 PM
    Yea cause everyone isn't into phone specifics like that. One of my co-workers just got the 9930. She had a Droid 2 and when the 9930 came out she copped it the next day.

One of the "techy" type guys asked her why did she switch back to BB, she said "because I wanted to". I was like, Well lol.
    Oh I get ya, yeah. I say that too if I dont feel like explaining or think someone just wants to debate and I'm not in the mood.

I actually say it often to the question, "Why dont you eat meat?"

Anyway, it may be a simple reason for her, like the LED, which is valid.
    09-06-11 01:11 PM
    I would give up some features I'm used to too. I agree with the Google apps too. Google voice was terrible on BlackBerry. It froze up alot and required refreshing or a reboot to send or receive "texts." Works awesome on Android.
    Google sucks at making blackberry apps... It doesn't really have to do with the "difficulty" of the development on the platform, it has to do with them sucking at making BB apps and not putting much effort into it on top of that.

Other 3rd party developers that have similar types of apps and less resources make better apps than Google does on BB.
    09-06-11 01:36 PM
    I did switch back to BB from the HTC Evo 4G and will tell you that in the balance I am very happy. Regarding the posts, they make good points. Although the new BB are simply awesome, there is always room for improvement.
    To be honest, anyone with an HTC Evo 4G can tell you the battery is horrible. I met a guy at the gym and he carried a spare battery just to listen to music during his workout. That is just not something I'm willing to do. I much rather use the free Waze voice navigation app than use the very nice but battery killing google maps navigation.
    The bottom line is that if you are thinking about a new phone you will do well by checking out several devices. There is plenty of room in this market for all three or four players. Frankly, I don't want just one or two. They go Microsoft on you and kill every bit of innovation and jack up the price.
    09-06-11 02:35 PM
    They would have to come up with some ground breaking miraculous device for me to go back. Having "great" security, email and battery life in their stale bag of tricks just doesn't cut it now a days.
    09-06-11 02:36 PM
    A fast browser, and good apps that don't cost an arm and a leg. BB app store seemingly has the highest prices of all the major platforms, and the least interesting selection. Go figure...

Sent from my SCH - I500 using Tapatalk. Rooted on jt1134's Vanilla Gingerbread v7 rom. Overclocked to 1.2ghz.
    Totally Agree!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 05:21 PM
    If BlackBerry would get a faster browser with Flash, and if my favorite apps on Android can be developed for Blackberry, I'd probably go back.
    BlackBerry is better at multitasking in my opinion. The hardest thing to do on my Android phone is to add a new contact to my address book from contact information I find on the web. I would copy the business phone number, create a new contact and paste it in the phone field, go back to the browser to copy the address. When I come back to my address book, the contact is gone. The address book on my phone can't multitask. I could on my Blackberry. I also miss how fast and efficiently I was able to copy and paste text in basically any app. Let's not forget about universal spell check. I have to check the spelling as I go on Android. On my Blackberry I was able to type away. Mistakes and all. Then do a spellcheck when I was done.

09-06-11 05:33 PM
    My intention for quite some time has been to re-visit BB devices when the QNX devices come out. I still feel that way... to a point... as I'm confident RIM is now dedicated to producing quality hardware with quality software. The OS7 devices are a huge leap in the right direction, and demonstrates well what the QNX devices will/may offer.

However; The only thing that worries me is whether RIM can develop a solid ecosystem for their entire product line-up that is equal to the task demonstrated by Apple and Android. I won't think twice about switching back if RIM can get developers on board to seamlessly provide all the apps and services already available on other platforms.

My biggest fear is that RIM/BB, in a move to provide similar services, keeps their services proprietary to BB devices. What I like most about Android is that Google's services are not limited to Android devices, they're available to any platform. But lately there's been a push in the mobile industry for each of the platforms to try to build their own isolated ecosystems. Yes, RIM is pushing their Android App Player for apps, but at the same time I wonder how long it will last with their recent moves to build their own cloud system and other services. A perfect example is BBM. Yes BBM is great... but it always bugged me that it's isolated only to BB users. I want my smartphone of choice to be fully communicable to all platforms.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 09-06-11 at 06:04 PM.
    09-06-11 06:02 PM
    So basically...you want it Android on a BlackBerry to switch back?
    09-06-11 06:45 PM
    Really hard for me to think about switching, now. My gripe is from a software perspective, more than anything else. What sealed the deal was the last round of updates for the Storm 2; broken things were fixed, but working items were broken, as side effects .. the Open GL ES being broken in later releases was the final straw

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 07:48 PM
    The only way I would switch back to Blackberry is if my job gave it to me to use for free (would keep my Android of course).
    09-06-11 11:09 PM
    I loved the 8900 on tmobile. I think I would use BB again if the browser was better and the screen was bigger.
    09-07-11 04:38 AM
    I just switched back and got the bold 9930 and I had the droid incredible 2. I just find it easier with a physical keyboard not as much typo's. The navigation on the bold is much quicker for me. But switching over I also lost a lot of features that I had on android. I also have a galaxy tablet which I use along side my BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    babytazz18 likes this.
    09-07-11 06:33 AM
    I just switched back and got the bold 9930 and I had the droid incredible 2. I just find it easier with a physical keyboard not as much typo's. The navigation on the bold is much quicker for me. But switching over I also lost a lot of features that I had on android. I also have a galaxy tablet which I use along side my BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I also own a galaxy tablet. Are you able to transfer between your tablet and BlackBerry?
    Are you able to get internet access using your BlackBerry?

09-07-11 07:10 AM
    I'm still stuck with a 9700. Counting down the days until a worthy Android device is available on AT&T - I'm hoping to see a high-end 4.3" Ice Cream Sandwich HTC device running Sense 3.0 or 3.5 by the end of the year. I'll gobble that sucker right up, if the battery life is acceptable.

As for the question at hand, I'll rephrase it for my situation:

What would make me stay with BB, instead of switching?

Pretty easy - a device that doesn't lack in nearly every function outside of security and messaging. In other words, a true, modern phone that is on par hardware wise and on par software wise with the current offerings from Apple and Android and Windows Phone makers. As well, a commitment to continue to innovate and enhance the phone's software as the months go by, and, perhaps most importantly, a commitment to bring in developers to bring the App Store out of the 2006 and into 2011.
    09-07-11 08:40 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD