I've just picked up my Jawbone 2 , and even with the small rubber insert, it begins to hurt my ear after wearing it for a while . I've just switched it out with a Jabra mini-gel, which (so far) is more comfortable...but I thought I'd ask if there were other even more comfortable ear inserts. The loop works great and holds the J2 firmly to my head, but I need something comfortable for in my ear
    08-23-08 08:17 PM
    I have the same problem. I've been switching out ears just so one gets a break. I'd been interested if someone knows of anything that works.
    08-23-08 08:57 PM
    I got a Jabra BT 8040 because it is A2DP stereo compatable. I like to listen to audio books in the car with the top down. It's hard hearing audio from the radio over the wind noise and driving with headphones will get me stopped. I can also walk around listening to a book and still be aware of what is going on around me. An added bonus is that the 8040 does not have an earhook (I wear glasses). Just stick it in your ear and give it a twist. For some reason it does'nt fall out.
    08-23-08 09:35 PM
    I seem to have the same problem with very small ears. I wasted the money on a Plantronics 925 and it does NOT fit in my ear. I can force it in, but then after all of the effort it hurts.

I really want the jawbone 2, but I am afraid of the same problem. I purchased the Samsung WEP 410, and it really fits and stays in my ear (minus any head flips). It does not have an extra over the ear piece but it is so light I forget that it is there.

One thing to note though is that there is a trick to getting it into "searchable" mode. I actually gave up on it and left in for dead in my electronic reject pile, but finally went to the Samsung site and figured it out.

Hold down the center button for 8 seconds and it will then be sending BT signals for detection. Press the button for 8 seconds and when you see the flashing, que the phone to find the device.
    01-07-09 04:34 AM
    My wife bought me the jawbone 2 and I was so excited about it...till I used it. The back where the charge contacts are was literally cutting my ear. I tried every way possible to make it more comfy but nothing worked. I returned it and picked up a Plantronics Voyager 520.... AWSOME!
    01-07-09 12:54 PM
    I'm a Law Enforcement Officer and rely heavily on my bluetooth headset because I like to keep my hands free at all times. I've gone through several headsets and was unable to find one that cancels background noise to the point where the person on the other end could hear me clearly and fit comfortable without any ear fatigue. Within the last few weeks I've been on the search for the most comfortable bluetooth headset that also blocks out background noise. Thankfully Best Buy has a 30 day return policy.

I started out with the Jawbone 2 which was comfortable for the first 2-3 hours. After those first couple of hours i started to feel the pain of the earpiece pressing on the inside of my ear. I used all the fittings but nothing changed. When I walked out in the street with the phone on my hip and wearing a winter jacket I was not happy with the amount of static the earpiece produced on both sides of the conversation. The exact words of the person on the other end of the conversation was "I feel like killing myself". I had to be holding the phone in my hand or the phone had to be in my jacket pocket to have a semi clear conversation. I believe the static was caused by the bluetooth signal having a hard time transmitting through the winter jacket.

After a week I returned the Jawbone earpiece for the Plantronics 925. This is the best earpiece I've purchased as far as sound quality but after a few hours of using this earpiece I felt the pain of the earpiece pressing on my inner ear. Again I used all fittings but still felt the pain.

After a week I returned the Plantronics 925 for the Blueant V1. It was as if the heavens opened up and my quest was over. This headset is the best all around headset I have ever had. The sound quality is excellent and the comfort level is superb. I wear this headset all day long and experience no ear fatigue. I love when I receive an incoming call the earpiece reads to me the incoming number and gives me the option to say answer or ignore again keeping my hands free.

For those of you on the same quest give it a try, shorten your quest and purchase the Blueant V1. I'm sure you'll be very happy and if you're not you could always return it for the Plantronics 925. You should find what you're looking for in one of these 2 products.
    01-12-09 12:15 PM
    I'm thinking of upgrading my bluetooth to stereo as well. I have a few of the "issues" that have been mentioned here; small ears (can't get anything to stay inside); wear shades while driving so having something fit close and snug to the ear isn't easy to find. I commute so I'm on my bb talking for hours a day. Having an ear piece that's comfy is a must. I currently have a Motorola pink thingy which serves it purpose, kinda/sorta. It doesn't really stay close to the ear even though it has the hook. Most of the time, I'm pushing it into my ear as the person on the other end is yelling "What?? Huh??". Not to mention that I'm in a "hands-free" manditory law city and having my hand up to my ear, is just as bad as having the phone there. Oh and did I mention after a few hours of pushing in, my ear hurts like the dickens.

I'm going to looking into a few of the ones mentioned here. Thanks for the information.
    01-13-09 12:00 PM
    I have the jabra bt 8040 and after two days of changing ear gels and a little fine tunning i can't even feel it in my ear. Everyone I talk to says it sounds like I'm on the phone not a bluetooth headset. It could use to be a little louder but all in all I love this headset. You can also listen to music on it all for a cheap $60 bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD