Just called 611 and ordered my new 9850. Will have it on Wed. was $167 under the new every 2 program. Was able to place the order with the phone rep with no issues, she didn't blink when I asked to order it.

So if you don't want to wait until the 8th to order one online or the 15th to get one at the stores, then just call 611 and place the order with a rep.

Enjoy!
    09-05-11 09:55 PM
    Enjoy your new phone!
    09-05-11 10:22 PM
    I tried this but they couldn't even give me pricing...what gives???
    09-05-11 11:15 PM
    Dude ! I just tried at 9pm in SoCal and they shot me down ! The girl jacked up and asked her Supervisor and he said No . She said they have it available, but she's not allowed to pre-order it just yet . She said just call back on the 8th and request overnite shipping to get it by Friday instead of Monday . . . Dammit ! . .
    09-05-11 11:17 PM
    I tried this but they couldn't even give me pricing...what gives???
    I'd call back and try another rep. I'd also tell them others are able to order it now and you should be able to as well.

Good luck!
    09-05-11 11:20 PM
    Sounds like you got lucky but a lot of VZW reps dont know what they should or shouldnt be doing so if the system allows them to do it, it seems more people will be able to do this. Just keep calling till you get one that does.
    09-05-11 11:23 PM
    Funny I couldn't wait any longer so I went and got the bold 9930. Absolutely love it though.
    09-05-11 11:48 PM
    Called 3 times already ! and they all said No , not yet . ! .
    09-06-11 12:16 AM
    Just ordered the 9850 from Verizon #611 successfully. Will be here Wednesday. Good to be a long-term VZ customer in times like these...
    09-06-11 12:30 AM
    Dude ! Just ordered it too ! Like you said , it's good to be a long-term VZ customer ! I guess it helps if you find some girl that sounds cute and dingy too ! She said it may ship tomorrow or Thursday , so i told her to throw in overnite shipping so i wouldn't have to wait until Monday ! . . Whooooooo !
    09-06-11 01:10 AM
    Just ordered the 9850 from Verizon #611 successfully. Will be here Wednesday. Good to be a long-term VZ customer in times like these...
    I'd give that a shot were it not for the fact that we live in a lousy coverage area so the only way to have a decent conversation with VZW or anyone else is on the landline! I'm willing to wait until the 8th or even a little longer as long as this is actually finally coming to pass.
    09-06-11 07:23 AM
    Good to hear they're going ahead and letting people order. Ill get mine with NE2 when its available the beginning of next month.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 07:47 AM
    I'm a newb.. so how do order a phone when you dial 611? All I get is an automated menu.
    09-06-11 07:56 AM
    I'm a newb.. so how do order a phone when you dial 611? All I get is an automated menu.
    After dialing 611, hit Zero to get a rep, then you should be able to order through them or they can transfer you to sales.

Good luck!
    maevinj likes this.
    09-06-11 08:11 AM
    I just got my order in successfully with confirmation #...but she said it wasn't gonna ship until the 8th...is that the same as what everyone's getting? the cost is $199....she said they're sending out standard shipping, and I told her I wanted next day shipping, so she said she's going to send a change order and will call me back for credit card number for next day shipping...

This is how I did it, called, then say "operator", it transferred me...
    I said: "I want to order a phone"
    she said "Sure, which phone"
    I said: "The Blackberry Torch"
    her: "OK sir, let me look...oh, I don't have this phone available. Let me look at something for you"
    me: "OK, I know it's coming out in a day or two, and a few of my buddies were able to put their orders in already"
    her: "Yes, I see it coming out, but I can't order it. Let me check one more thing sir"...."OK, do you want this shipped to the same address on file?"
    me: "yes ma'am"
    her:" OK, it's letting me put the order through. What is your credit card number?"
    Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 09-06-11 at 08:32 AM.
    09-06-11 08:26 AM
    Yeah, it was an additional $14 for next day.
    09-06-11 08:30 AM
    I just got my order in successfully with confirmation #...but she said it wasn't gonna ship until the 8th...is that the same as what everyone's getting? the cost is $199....she said they're sending out standard shipping, and I told her I wanted next day shipping, so she said she's going to send a change order and will call me back for credit card number for next day shipping...
    Strange about the shipping date. I had no issues getting over night shipping for a Wed delivery date. As far as the price, I was eligible for a upgrade under the new every 2 program, so I received the $30 buck discount. If I remember right it was like $167 after discount.
    09-06-11 08:33 AM
    I just got off the phone with a lovely lady by the name of Jasmine at customer service. She was very helpful. I'm still in Contract because my service has been on hold since I'm overseas but I still have my 100 dollar discount (don't ask how it worked out cuz I have no idea haha). With tax and everything and using my discount it would have been 217 and some change out the door. But she had no problem going through with the order. Now I gotta wait 2-3 weeks for it to get flown to the base here in Okinawa. haha in conversation with her she was commented about how nice the phone looked though. She said she'd never seen the phone before but it looks really nice. I told her it's cuz it's not supposed to come out till the 8th and she was just like oh ahah. But like I said no problems here.
    09-06-11 08:40 AM
    I just called and asked for it. She said it's not available till the 8th. Then she asked me to hold, came back and said she could order it. I didn't go through with it because the price she gave me was $217 tax included. I'm eligible for a new phone, so I'm wondering why other people were able to get it for $50 less. She also said if I ordered it today it would be here Thursday or Friday and that someone would need to be home to sign for it.
    09-06-11 08:43 AM
    Gzaha the 200 price is if you have the 100 dollar new every 2 credit. you must still be in contract though. I think depending on how much your plan is you get extra discounts on your contract renewal. Like between 69.99-79.99 it's 50 and above 79.99 was a 100 dollar discount I believe. Then your 100 credit.
    09-06-11 08:58 AM
    Failed..
    The rep did tell me it would be available in-store on the 8th though..
    09-06-11 09:05 AM
    Ordered mine through 611, supposed to be here on Thursday!!!!! Fingers crossed!!!! Can't wait!!!

Got my tracking number, its one state away!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lherch; 09-06-11 at 12:55 PM.
    09-06-11 09:08 AM
    Anyone know how much it is if you just buy it outright? I'm still under contract but the Torch is tempting...so tempting. Might be a very early Christmas present for me from my cats and horses.
    09-06-11 09:18 AM
    Failed..
    The rep did tell me it would be available in-store on the 8th though..
    Keep trying. Tell the rep others were able to order it and if she tried, it would work. All she has to do is put the order in and it will accept it.

Good luck!
    09-06-11 09:23 AM
    sadly, i don't see it offered just yet on my company's system. i'm hoping on Thursday...
    09-06-11 09:34 AM
177 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD