OK - I took a bunch of pix on my curve, and need to figure out how to get them from the blackberry to computer so I can edit, view and send via email. Didn't stop to think that I didn't know how to do this.

Any remedial help would be great!

Thanks in advance, JLO
    08-23-08 06:51 PM
    08-23-08 06:52 PM
    were they on a memory card or device memory?
    08-23-08 06:53 PM
    Another way is to send the picture to your email account at your computer then you can use that software.
    08-23-08 06:54 PM
    i have the desktop manager, but there's nothing in there that discusses transferring pictures. It just allowed me to backup and restore. Are we talking about the same program?

jlo
    08-23-08 06:55 PM
    i have the desktop manager, but there's nothing in there that discusses transferring pictures. It just allowed me to backup and restore. Are we talking about the same program?

jlo

Hit Media Manager!
    08-23-08 06:56 PM
    Here:

Then:
    08-23-08 06:57 PM
    nice tutorial!!!
    08-23-08 07:02 PM
    No media card - never realized i didn't have one or need one till i started reading your responses. guess it's time for me to learn more about the media card for my blackberry.

So now back to what do i do now. I've got to many pix that I took, to try to email them, because they're large files. Is there an easier way to get them from curve to pc? are they in some folder on the curve with jpg file extentions?

jlo
    08-23-08 07:02 PM
    No media card - never realized i didn't have one or need one till i started reading your responses. guess it's time for me to learn more about the media card for my blackberry.

So now back to what do i do now. I've got to many pix that I took, to try to email them, because they're large files. Is there an easier way to get them from curve to pc? are they in some folder on the curve with jpg file extentions?

jlo

LOL! Just do the same thing I just posted. You can transfer them from your device memory to your PC through DM.

Notice "My Devices" in the lower left of the last pic I posted. It has Device Mem and Media Card.
    08-23-08 07:04 PM
    08-23-08 07:17 PM
    ok - how come my desktop manager doesn't have a media manager option? if i download if from rim, does it have to be any special flavor to work with ATT Curve? guess i had old dektop manager software installed, without media manager?
    08-23-08 07:20 PM
    08-23-08 07:22 PM
    srplummer - YOU ROCK!!! now, what kind of media card do i need to buy for my curve, since i didn't know i needed one till i took a bunch of pix, and locked up my blackberry - no more memory...

nuttin' like learning the hard way...

jlo
    08-23-08 07:24 PM
    srplummer - YOU ROCK!!! now, what kind of media card do i need to buy for my curve, since i didn't know i needed one till i took a bunch of pix, and locked up my blackberry - no more memory...

nuttin' like learning the hard way...

jlo

You can get a Micro SD up to 8 GIG.
    08-23-08 07:27 PM
    i've got cable connection, and downloading the desktop mgr right now. is it supposed to take a while to download? transfer rate at 63.3 KB/sec, with estimated time left of 42 minutes???

jlo
    08-23-08 07:27 PM
    wow! cool! first time i've seen screenshots of v4.5 (yeah, I've been kinda behind and outta touch for a while...lol). DL'ing now

janipani - yes, it's a large file (192.3MB)...i'm downloading right now at 183KB/sec, and I've got an estimated 16+min left
    08-23-08 08:12 PM
    Awsome! You should be good to go!
    08-23-08 08:19 PM
    wow! cool! first time i've seen screenshots of v4.5 (yeah, I've been kinda behind and outta touch for a while...lol). DL'ing now

janipani - yes, it's a large file (192.3MB)...i'm downloading right now at 183KB/sec, and I've got an estimated 16+min left
    First time you've seen 4.5 WTFO? 4.6 is out, you are waaay behind the times Man Hahaha
    08-23-08 08:28 PM
    I am having the same problems MEDIA MANAGER option is GREYED out and I cant click start so I cant move my pictures from my Berry to my computer. This is getting really frustrating ! Someone please help with a private message telling me how to move the pics off my berry to my pc. I have no media card and I am using OS 4.2.2.163.

Thanks in advance.
    10-23-08 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD