Wow I can't believe how much I miss my flip. I hope Verizon and RIM come out with a new one and I hope it has surepress!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-05-11 08:28 PM
    Wow I can't believe how much I miss my flip. I hope Verizon and RIM come out with a new one and I hope it has surepress!

Yeah, I know how you feel. Awesome hardware with solid software. I'll miss the reaction of others when I would whip it out and they'd say "What? That's a BlackBerry?!" Good times.
    09-09-11 12:29 AM
    I am almost tempted to buy a new one online they are only $40 for that get 2 of them. I have a galaxy tablet so no real need for all the bells and whistles anymore.

09-09-11 09:38 PM
    Switched back to my Flip for a camping trip last weekend. Great phone! I miss its LOUD external speaker and dim bedside clock. Not to mention light weight and pocketability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 12:35 AM
    Switched back to my Flip for a camping trip last weekend. Great phone! I miss its LOUD external speaker and dim bedside clock. Not to mention light weight and pocketability.

What device are you using now? I am torn between a bold 9930 and my droid incredible 2.
    09-18-11 06:48 AM
    I got my Flip for $60.00 at a wireless store six months ago. Battery pulls are weekly to listen to music and I'm still learning to text. So, 8220's rule! Cool.
    09-21-11 05:17 AM
    I wish the flip was redone I would pick one up in a heart beat!
    09-21-11 08:36 PM
    What device are you using now?
    I'm running an unlocked 9800 on T-Mobile. It's a brick by comparison.

09-25-11 07:19 PM
    I'm running an unlocked 9800 on T-Mobile. It's a brick by comparison.

I went to android after the flip died and now I have the bold 9930 but don't know if I want to keep it! I love the keyboard but android has so much more going for it and is super fast with no issues at all. But I miss the notifications BB has and the push email so in short I need to make a decision lol.

10-06-11 02:05 PM
    I like it...
    12-28-11 01:46 AM
    I miss my flip as well .

I actually have a brand new replacement still wrapped in plastic that I never went back to after I was out of town and my flip conked out on me giving me an "App Error 527" msg. I'm always on call via email from work so I bought the 9700 which dropped that week just told hold me off until I got back home and my replacement flip came in the mail.. Unfortunately I decided to keep the 9700 and never went back to my flip . If it had everything the 9900 had I'd ride with my flip forever!!
    01-29-12 06:01 PM
    My bold is a excellent replacement but I still hope rim brings back a new flip for all carriers.

02-18-12 05:03 PM
    Order yourself a Pearl Flip off of Amazon for $36. I am doing so right now just for the of it to try something different. Just make sure you change the option on the right to order directly from Amazon if it doesn't come up that way by default.

Amazon.com: Verizon Blackberry Flip 8230 Pearl Cell Phone Silver CDMA ONLY: Cell Phones & Accessories
    gravymonster likes this.
    02-20-12 12:44 PM
    The only thing I miss about my 8220 was the size of the keys, as opposed to the pint sized buttons bb's have become notorious for. I went to the 9100 the next best thing & the difference between processing power of the two is astronomical.

RIM ever got the buttons off the 8220 with the strength of the 9100... sorry I need a cold shower now.
    02-24-12 07:21 PM
    I was in a bad accident a few months ago, and after 6 weeks in ICU I was sent to step down and my sister had a surprise for me, a brand new 9300 curve. I was grateful to her as this was an expensive purchase and I needed a new phone as my old 8220 was totally destroyed.
    I've been home several months now and decided to go out into the garage to put away some of my tools that were in my truck at the time of my accident. While out there I came across my 8220, and it was a mess, totally broken in two, and scratched completely through the plastic, (it was found far down the road with a bunch of broken glass) I thought I would try to disassemble it, and if the Main Board, and Upper screen were still intact I would take an old 8220 that I paid $20 for parts and see if I could make a whole phone of it. Long story short, I have reassembled it and it works perfectly.
    The last twist to this strange story is my old flip was just like many of the 8220s in that it had lost all blue tooth function a year prior to this happening and after I put it back together with a pile of junk parts the blue tooth is now working perfectly.
    I miss my old phone, and especially my sure type keyboard, and I think after I order a new spare battery, and OEM leather case (as they were totally destroyed too) I might just switch back to my old pearl flip.
    03-09-12 08:32 PM
    Just about the only thing I don't miss about my 8220 is EDGE. I wish it had 3G and OS 5 so I could bridge my PlayBook to it. I'd be curious to know if anybody has bridged an 8230 running the leaked 5.0 OS...
    03-19-12 06:11 PM
    Just about the only thing I don't miss about my 8220 is EDGE. I wish it had 3G and OS 5 so I could bridge my PlayBook to it. I'd be curious to know if anybody has bridged an 8230 running the leaked 5.0 OS...
    The leak I downloaded for it does not have a browser in it..so you cant get apps or even app world...its a real shame. If anyone has a link for that leak that DOES contain a browser, or knows how to import that file...I am all ears
    05-27-12 11:21 PM
    Mine is still in a box in the attic . Saving it for when I need a backup phone or in between phone activations.
    05-31-12 03:49 PM
    The 8220 was my first BlackBerry and while I don't really miss it, it was a great intro to the BB world. The only thing I really didn't like with it were that it was only EDGE and the trackball. I might dig it out and see if there is a good OS 5 leak for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    06-13-12 04:24 PM
    The 8220 never saw an OS 5 leak, only the 8230.
    06-20-12 03:35 PM
    I was just talking about missing my Pearl 8230 & how I'm still kinda ticked that my brother broke mine. I've never gotten around to replacing it.

I love how out of all the CrackBerry Addicts, there aren't too many like us who are into the Flip.

07-03-12 02:41 AM
    I've got a Verizon branded one I'm not using...
    07-03-12 03:37 AM
    I would love to have a updated flip device. I can't believe more people don't want one . I miss my pearl!!!!!!
    Jaszman likes this.
    07-09-12 07:53 PM
    I had a pearl flip and loved it. I gave it to my aunt to give to my cousin overseas. I wish there was a 3g version. I also wish they made a gsm version of the style.
    07-24-12 08:36 PM
    Just had to add my respect to the thread. I'm on my second Pearl Flip after my first one was pickpocketed from me at a local Walmart. I was devastated then and when I went to shop for a replacement I was even more upset to learn that they were discontinuing the model! I was thrilled to score a still brand new one on ebay, but that was a couple years ago, I'm sure they're even scarcer now. I'm paranoid something will happen to my Flip- I just don't know how I could ever adjust to another phone again. I have an iPhone for work (boss's choice, not mine) and I hate it. The Flip is such a great work horse, durable, solid and gets the job done. Great volume, great speaker phone, crystal clear display, intuitive navigation. And the best part of the flip design- when it's closed IT IS OFF!!! No pocket dialing! Do you know how many embarrassing conversations and "bathroom moments" I've overheard from my moron friends with iPhones who can't seem to control the keypads on their own stupid phones?! Give me a flip any day! Protects the keys and screen from being scratched when in your purse or pocket, too. And the external preview screen means you don't even have to open it if you don't want to take the call... ok, now I'm just rambling. But why, oh WHY, did they discontinue the Pearl Flip? Does anybody know? I'll be so upset when and if my current phone ever goes to the great phone graveyard in the sky.
    10-18-12 03:32 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD