I wonder if it took this long for the 9900 battery to be optimized trough charging overnight, I now have 70% left after 8hours idle and 1.5 hours usage. And that's not including over 1 hour listening to bbm music.

I also noticed my 9900 seems to be prioritizing 3G signal compared to my 9700, where the 9700 would drop to 2G the 9900 keeps a strong 3G signal and when I turn it on it goes straight to 3G where the 9700 would first show gsm, gprs and then would switch to 3G.

Anybody else noticed an improvement after roughly a month?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-11 05:25 AM
    My 9930 out of the box was getting execellant battery life. I could not understand why some were complaining.

dmusicman385 likes this.
    09-05-11 05:31 AM
    I wonder if it took this long for the 9900 battery to be optimized trough charging overnight, I now have 70% left after 8hours idle and 1.5 hours usage. And that's not including over 1 hour listening to bbm music.

I also noticed my 9900 seems to be prioritizing 3G signal compared to my 9700, where the 9700 would drop to 2G the 9900 keeps a strong 3G signal and when I turn it on it goes straight to 3G where the 9700 would first show gsm, gprs and then would switch to 3G.

Anybody else noticed an improvement after roughly a month?

Hi, I'm new on this website, just registered when I got my bold 9900 like a week ago. Like you, I guess, I read a lot of complains about the battery life of this device. I just think you and a couple of others users just got some defectives phones cause the mine hasn't any problem. Just for example, I have a night-time job in a gas station and I always fill up my battery before to leave my home at 10 pm exactly. It is 6h40 now and I still 11 % of charge... I'm not a real "abuser" but I was listening music in the bus, texting and chatting in the same time and browsed for the last 7 hours (raining then quiet night in there). I'll be back to school in 2 days and I'm pretty sure if can browse, text and chat during 7 hours, I will easily pass over a "normal"... Except I u r a really hard user, then you have no options but buy a spare battery. Just my opinion...

09-05-11 05:47 AM
    It should not happen "all of a sudden" unless there are other factors involved.
    09-05-11 06:12 AM
    It should not happen "all of a sudden" unless there are other factors involved.
    Why not? Who knows how long the batteries were lining in a warehouse with a little charge in them? The 9900 was delayed a long time remember? That is not good for a batery and it would take a while for them to recover to full potential.

09-05-11 06:22 AM
    A lot of the problem are people's perception of long battery life. I have seem some say their battery is terrible because it only has 30% after ten hours. Other think it is great having having 10% after 7 hours. Personally I think mine is fine since it always has some charge left when I go to sleep after about 15 hours.

YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-05-11 06:54 AM
    Why not? Who knows how long the batteries were lining in a warehouse with a little charge in them? The 9900 was delayed a long time remember? That is not good for a batery and it would take a while for them to recover to full potential.

Sorry it does not work that way. There is nothing that you can do that will GREATLY increase the battery life in your device except to decrease the load on it. You might find a small increase in capacity after a few charges but not enough to see the difference you are talking about.
    09-05-11 06:57 AM
    Sorry it does not work that way. There is nothing that you can do that will GREATLY increase the battery life in your device except to decrease the load on it. You might find a small increase in capacity after a few charges but not enough to see the difference you are talking about.
    I'm just posting my observations, the point is battery is lasting longer without me doing anything or changing the OS.

09-05-11 07:07 AM
    Very good, enjoy.
    09-05-11 07:15 AM
    For the first 3 days, my battery life was not very good. was able to get 8-10 hrs with 10% of battery drain.

But for the last 2 days it has improved a lot. getting 14hrs with light/moderate use and 30% remaining by the time i go to sleep. my usage on average is 30min calls, few emails, twitter, BBM, and some browsing.

I also noticed like OP, it holds onto 3G much better than 9700. There was only couple of spots in my home, I could get 3G. But 9900 is definitely showing more 3G than GPRS/EDGE
    09-05-11 07:34 AM
    my phone will not have "normal" battery life until i no longer need to charge it at 5pm just to make sure i'll be able to contact the world if i leave the house at night...wifi does, however, improve battery life in wifi zone if you are, for instance, bbming all day long...
    09-05-11 11:18 AM
    Don't know if it's just coincidence, but battery life got better after I started charging the phone with the PlayBook charger
    09-05-11 09:36 PM
    Since I installed Four Square, my battery has been pretty bad lol. Debating if I should just delete it.
    09-05-11 09:44 PM
    Don't know if it's just coincidence, but battery life got better after I started charging the phone with the PlayBook charger
    There may be something to that. The little usb/travel charger may not have enough umph to do more than surface charge the battery. A surface charge will look good on a meter but will have no longevity in practice. Just a thought.
    09-05-11 10:01 PM
    To be safe, invest in car charger and use your old 9700 wall charger at work.

09-05-11 10:28 PM
    After the first two days my battery has been stellar! Full days use with somewhere between 2 and 3 hours of actual use with a little juice to spare. Like some others I'm baffled by the huge swing on battery life from user to user. Glald yours is working better now.

09-05-11 10:31 PM
    Since I installed Four Square, my battery has been pretty bad lol. Debating if I should just delete it.
    mine is fine with four square but I always exit out of it after I check in & have it set to alert me by email if a friend comments or checks in
    09-05-11 10:49 PM
    Just keep it shut down unless you are using it. In the app you actually have to choose Exit to shut it down.
    09-05-11 10:53 PM
    Out of the box I had bad battery power but I was also multi tasking 4-5 downloads and programs at once since things are great.
    09-05-11 11:42 PM
    I realize that the conventional wisdom is that it doesn't get better with age but I believe this battery did. Never had it happen before with any other device. Anecdotal so it could just be in my mind.
    09-06-11 12:21 AM
    Foursquare uses the gps a lot. I always exit out of it after I'm done checking in. Saves a lot of battery that way. If you just use the back button, it just drops to background.

edit: oops two others already posted the same thing haha
    09-06-11 01:07 AM
    All this Battery talk... I want a coffee.
    09-06-11 08:15 AM
    Mine has gotten better too, after 2 weeks use. Last night at 11PM it was 100%, this morning at 10AM it was at 91%. The first week or so I had it it would be in the 70s% range in the morning. I like it
    09-06-11 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD