Currently have a Storm 2 that I love. But looking at the Bionic and 9850 specs , I find myself asking why should I stay with rim and the 9850 and get get the LTE Bionic. Would some of you with more knowledge than I please help with this decision?
    09-03-11 03:38 PM
    I just picked up the 9850 yesterday and I love it.....I had a tour so the learning curve for me is the virtual keyboard. Other than that the phone is fast and very responsive and the screen is beautiful!!!!! so stay with RIM!!!!
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    09-03-11 04:55 PM
    I just left android and came back to blackberry and so far so good. There are a ton of more options on a Android device then there is on a blackberry. I left for reasons that had nothing to do with disliking android but liking features on BB better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 05:15 PM
    A couple of things bug me about the droid bionic. We know with two radio chips and a dual-core processor that battery life won't be great. Furthermore, it's a mobile phone which prompts you to quit using it so it can cool down. Blog posts I've read already suggest the serious android fans might want to wait for the next Nexus model if they really want improved hardware and OS. So it really comes down to whether or not you want battery life or the sheer number of available applications. You must choose the form of the destroyer.
    09-03-11 05:42 PM
    Having been with BlackBerry and now using an Android I would recommend the Android. In my opinion Android is a better device for communication, email and multimedia. Email is awesome looking, more functional than BlackBerry.

I use YouTube, Skype, Google Talk, Google Voice and email and web a lot. All excel on Android. The keyboard is better spaced than a BlackBerry and easy to get used to.

Widgets, multiple screens, shortcuts and total customization makes Android phones more efficient, easier to use.

I can't think of one thing a BlackBerry phone does better than an Android. The reverse isn't true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 05:46 PM
    If you want games get the Bionic. Anything else get the 9850.
    09-03-11 06:14 PM
    I know one thing that BB does better... it receives email faster... SOLD!

I find it really amusing how BB users try to put down Android or Apple having 50x and 85x more apps respectively by saying it's just for games. Obviously those users don't know the amount of productivity apps available for those two OS that RIM can only imagine for with the App World. One thing that I love with the Chase bank app for iPhone is that I can deposit checks just by taking photos of the check from my phone. That's just one example of how much better apps are.

I originally had a Droid X, went to iPhone and found all of my daily usage apps... fantastic!, and then went to BB 9930 and OMG WTF. I knew App World was worse but I should've done more research in how much worse it is. The available apps alone is making me go back to an Android phone because it's horrific and only about 3/11 apps that I use often are available or have a decent equivalent. It's really quite laughable and made me really understand why both Android and iPhone users make fun of App World.
    Last edited by Vihzel; 09-03-11 at 06:25 PM.
    anon(522296) likes this.
    09-03-11 06:14 PM
    Both are incorrect. I have push gmail on my Android device. Comes as fast as on my BlackBerry.

Also, Android has far more than games. I have one game. Other than that you can look at the apps I have installed via my signature.

If you haven't used both platforms, you shouldn't be commenting. You have no valid opinion.

BlackBerry does nothing better really. Looking at specs is only half the picture. Go to a store and use an Android device, probably a Motorola if the Bionic isn't there yet. You'll know if you like it.

You cam customize an Android to meet your specific needs unlike BlackBerry it iPhone. Very handy.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-03-11 at 06:21 PM.
    09-03-11 06:16 PM
    I know one thing that BB does better... it receives email faster... SOLD!

I find it really amusing how BB users try to put down Android or Apple having 50x and 85x more apps respectively by saying it's just for games. Obviously those users don't know the amount of productivity apps available for those two OS that RIM can only imagine for with the App World. One thing that I love with the Chase bank app for iPhone is that I can deposit checks just by taking photos of the check from my phone. That's just one example of how much better apps are.

I originally had a Droid X, went to iPhone and found all of my daily usage apps... fantastic!, and then went to BB 9930 and OMG WTF. I knew App World was worse but I should've done more research in how much worse it is. The available apps alone is making me go back to an Android phone because it's horrific and only about 3/11 apps that I use often are available or have a decent equivalent.
    blah blah lol half the apps you so called love only replace features that are on BBOS out the box. I love phones no particular brand. I just call it like i see it. How much you gonna like that app when it gets hacked? Just sayin. Like i said if you want games go Android or IOS, (i have them too) anything else the 9850 is just as good
    09-03-11 06:25 PM
    You've never used an Android device. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I have ONE game installed.

Again, name something a BlackBerry does better than Android. Back up your "advice" to the OP. They're coming from a Storm too remember.
    09-03-11 06:27 PM
    Both are incorrect. I have push gmail on my Android device. Comes as fast as on my BlackBerry.

Also, Android has far more than games. I have one game. Other than that you can look at the apps I have installed via my signature.

If you haven't used both platforms, you shouldn't be commenting. You have no valid opinion.

BlackBerry does nothing better really. Looking at specs is only half the picture. Go to a store and use an Android device, probably a Motorola if the Bionic isn't there yet. You'll know if you like it.

You cam customize an Android to meet your specific needs unlike BlackBerry it iPhone. Very handy.
    I have used and have both those and almost every platform out there and what i said is true. Like it or not. As far as your email. Yeah gmail comes as quick not the other as they are polled. Plus half the time, they come, you read, delete and i will be damned if they arent back again. Hate that even with k9 mail. You know its true lol
    anon(522296) likes this.
    09-03-11 06:29 PM
    You've never used an Android device. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I have ONE game installed.

Again, name something a BlackBerry does better than Android. Back up your "advice" to the OP. They're coming from a Storm too remember.
    Silly silly, I have had plenty Android devices and like Android. Facts are facts. Poof be gone. I am done arguing with you. Have a good weekend. OP take head
    09-03-11 06:30 PM
    You do know gmail isn't the only push email on Android now right?

I get my email as fast as on BlackBerry. Full HTML, auto loading embedded images, auto loading images from selected contacts, no truncation, ability to sort by label. Can always click on embedded links. Emails auto synced to Gmail, which can be accessed online (unlike BIS).

My email experience on Android is much better than I had with BlackBerry.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-03-11 at 06:35 PM.
    09-03-11 06:31 PM
    Silly silly, I have had plenty Android devices and like Android. Facts are facts. Poof be gone. I am done arguing with you. Have a good weekend. OP take head
    What exactly are you saying are facts? I don't see any.
    09-03-11 06:32 PM
    Back up your so-called facts and experiences. Name what BlackBerry does better?

You're done? Lol, you're the one who replied here.
    09-03-11 06:32 PM
    You do know gmail isn't the only push email on Android now right?

I get my email as fast as on BlackBerry. Full HTML, auto loading embedded images, auto loading images from selected contacts, no truncation, ability to sort by label.

My email experience on Android is SP much better than I had with BlackBerry.
    No truncated email! Exactly! Why RIM still has truncated email baffles me.
    09-03-11 06:33 PM
    What exactly are you saying are facts? I don't see any.
    Done with you too, i am not hear to argue. OP take it as you will, and have a good weekend
    09-03-11 06:33 PM
    Done with you too, i am not hear to argue. OP take it as you will, and have a good weekend
    But... but.. but... the facts! All you have to do is list the factual statements I just want to learn. Since facts are undebatable... there should be no replies to them (like 2 + 2 = 4)
    09-03-11 06:34 PM
    my pick would be the droid bionic in this particular circumstance.the 9850 is good but not great.i think if you want a full touchscreen bb,then the first qnx all touch rendition will be well worth it.in the meantime,stick it out with an android.but if you want bb now,then the 9850 will be an ok buy but it won't leave you in awe.for a bb,it does what a bb does.functionality yes,super super excitement no.
    09-03-11 06:44 PM
    Android is only as good as the user makes it... since a phone won't budge as you do, the learning curve is on you

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy and Vihzel like this.
    09-03-11 06:45 PM
    Blackberry does:

-Secure communications better than Android
    -Social media integration better than Android
    -Battery life better than Android
    -Email data compression better than android
    -Physical keyboards better than Android (doesn't count for 9850, I know)
    -Speakerphone better than Android (in general, but debatable)
    -Shortcuts better than Android
    -Instant messanging through BBM better than anything Android offers (in my opinion)
    -Better form-factor choice better than Android
    -Device switching better than Android (I think)
    -HTML5 better than android (not sure if this matters much though)
    etc....

Android does lots of things better than Blackberry for sure though. But not everything. I've tried out Android on a Galaxy S2, and maybe because I'm used to BB or something, but I felt I didn't like it very much. It's better that the guy/girl try new phones out for themselves to decide which one is better for them , not just "Android is better".
    I'm a BB fanboy though, so I am biased towards BB. Android is just not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by chiefbroski; 09-03-11 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot to finish post
    09-03-11 07:59 PM
    Blackberry does:

Neither my BlackBerry nor Android has ever been hacked.

Android has built in social media apps such as Friend Stream on Sense, as well as many free apps. All integrate notifications. Much more choice and options than BlackBerry. YouTube, Video calling is included in social for me. No FFC on any BlackBerry device.

This I agree with. Though I have no battery issues. Stock battery lasts 10 hours. Extended, 23 hours.

For what? I want all attachments, images, links, files. Don't want it truncated or compressed. BlackBerry compresses without the option to even receive more data. Getting documents on a BlackBerry was a hassle.

I type faster on my Android than on my Tour. The big screen means the keyboard Is better spaced.

Same on both. No difference at all. Can flip Android for speakerphone. Faster to activate.

Android offers shortcuts, but also widgts that provide visual information at a glance. The calendar widget, for example, is easier and faster to read than the dated BlacKberry calendar. No opening required. Blackberry is a bunch of icons. No need for the top/bottom shortcut because touch scrolling is faster than BlackBerry. Android has shortcuts for reading email as well.

-Instant messanging through BBM better than anything Android offers (in my opinion)
    Google Talk is cross platform, you can save convos and view online. Also, you can continue a GT conversation on a computer. Can't do that with BBM. Also like the ability to sign off!
    Google Voice integration is flawless for text and voice!

I prefer the big screen. Too much zooming and scrolling on a small screen.

It's the same on both. Press and hold key to switch apps.

Flash is more widely used. I switched to Android initially for the browser alone.

etc....

Android does lots of things better than Blackberry for sure though. But not everything. I've tried out Android on a Galaxy S2, and maybe because I'm used to BB or something, but I felt I didn't like it very much. It's better that the guy/girl try new phones out for themselves to decide which one is better for them , not just "Android is better".
    I'm a BB fanboy, bu
    Disagree with everything except battey life.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-03-11 at 08:22 PM.
    09-03-11 08:15 PM
    Blackberry does:

Has there been issues with people hacking Android phones more than other phones? I haven't heard of security being an issue on Android phones.

That varies wildly between phones. Motorola, HTC, Samsung, LG, etc. all have their own special social media integration. Based on HTC's offering with Sense, it's much better integrated where everything is together and there are more options with what you can do with photos, video, and so forth. You can also update statuses and tweets directly from the home screen and never have to go into an app.

That varies as well with depending what Android phone you're talking about and what BB you're talking about.

Truncated emails... do BB users love it yet because it doesn't seem to be going away. I hate having to open up another program just to see my email.

Can't say anything here since I don't use physical keyboards and isn't relevant when talking about Bionic vs. 9850.

Again, varies wildly and can't be just generalized and applied to all of Android's phones and all BB's.

How exactly? I don't understand this one, especially since Android has widgets so you don't have to go into menu upon menu. There are many widgets that allow you to not have to open up the related app.

That's fantastic if you have many other BB users, but what about people without BBs (which is the vast majority of smartphone users)? It's pretty senseless if you have few people to BBM with. GTalk is a much better IM since everyone can use it and it has more functionality than BBM which is very restricted.

Are you talking about Bionic and 9850? I'm not sure what you mean by BB form factor is better than Android form factor considering that there are all sorts of form factors, especially on Android.

It's the same since you hold the home button and switch. I wonder if multitasking is better managed on Android. I have no knowledge regarding how BB OS7 manages multitasking.

That doesn't matter considering that you should look at browser vs. browser. I don't know who would say that OS7's browser is better than Android's browser. On top of that, Android has a large number of quality 3rd party browsers (available in Android Market) if you want a different browser.
    etc....
    I do agree though that everyone should try out competing phones in person before a purchase and to put the phone through its paces during the return policy period. I definitely put my 9930 through its paces and came up short on a lot of them or was unnecessarily harder than doing the exact same thing on an Android or iPhone.
    09-03-11 09:34 PM
    Had the Droid 3 for a month and came running back to RIM. 3 pages of uninstallable bloatware on the Droid. 6 hours max on a the battery. Gorilla glass is nice but it makes the Droid 3 weigh around half a pound. Wouldn't push the email from the domain that I own, works flawlessly on the 9930. The LTE is on a separate chip right now. My friend has the Charge and must carry 2 extra batteries around with him. To each his own though. By next summer LTE should be integrated into the chipset and I'm sure we'll see an LTE BB around then. Very happy coming back to RIM.
    09-03-11 09:43 PM
    Blackberry does:

etc....

I'm a BB fanboy, bu
    Enough and well said, android has the worst disconnected feel to anyone your communicating with ever, email, text whatever it flat out feels impersonal.
    09-03-11 10:43 PM
104 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD