Best Buy is having a sale on the Playbooks ranging from $50-$150. I think they are trying to push out the 64Gb devices since by the time you apply the discount the price will be the same as the 32 Gb.

This sale is only available in the US.
    09-03-11 11:31 AM
    Just went and picked up a 64gb yesterday at Best Buy. I got the last 64, there were no 32's left, and there was a small amount of 16's. I'd say this sale was successful.
    09-03-11 12:14 PM
    this is a story of my life. i just bought mine for $500 16gb , about to go exchange it for a 64gb.
    09-03-11 03:12 PM
    I am waiting for the 50 % sale before I actually go out and purchase from BestBuy, I am sure their will be future specials on the Playbook, either they have too many in their inventory system and are trying to clear out as much as they can..

@3migo congratulations on picking up the last 64gb version at best buy, I am so jealous I have the 16gb version but I want to get my hands on the 64gb version asap before selling my playbook next week.

The sale was successful to clear out inventory perhaps their is a new PlayBOOK 2 coming out, who knows or RIM are trying to encourage as much developers to design apps, or to have a good sales result figure in 2 weeks.
    I don't think there will be a Playbook 2 coming out this soon, but possibly a 3g/4g version. I think their main goal is to promote the playbook and get sales going, to prevent another Touchpad fiasco.
    09-04-11 02:48 PM
    are they trying to rid the world of green beans when the grocer puts those on sale?

sometimes a sale...is just a sale...(and all this proves is that the markup they put on these things is OUTRAGEOUS!)
    09-04-11 02:56 PM
    Stilll $400 to much
    09-04-11 03:15 PM
    are they trying to rid the world of green beans when the grocer puts those on sale?
    Comparing grocery store produce to the PlayBook seems desperate.
    lssanjose likes this.
    09-04-11 03:19 PM
    Comparing grocery store produce to the PlayBook seems desperate.
    How so?

Aren't both produce and technology perishable to some degree?

I was just noting that just because something goes on sale...doesn't mean they are depleting all on hand stock for any reason in particular...
    09-04-11 03:27 PM
    It always amazes me when everyone says that the playbook is seriously overpriced. I could see it being a solid 50-100 overpriced because of it having the smaller form-factor but that is it. All it needs is an app ecosystem. Once it gets that, there is no limit.
    09-04-11 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD