Which is better in blackberry bold 9700 - Opera or Blackberry's browser or Bolt browser
    09-03-11 06:20 AM
    I prefer bb browser os 5. Try it and see for yourself. Bolt has problem with the font, which I think too small. The opera is good but I think bb browser is still faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 06:36 AM
    Currently on OS 5 and the browser is indeed... Faster. If javascript is turned off and only on when absolutely needed, browsing experience will be faster.

Even on the desktop experience (laptop/desktop/tablet), it usually speeds everything up.

09-03-11 04:05 PM
    Are you on OS5? Try WebKit browser on OS6. Since I installed OS6 on my Bold, I've forgotten all other 3rd browsers.

Opera is my second choice since I can browse facebook even when my carrier blocks me from access )

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    09-04-11 01:19 PM
    Depends on your need, most of the time the stock Browser works well, especially when you need to access community websites like a forum (Opera Mini can't execute JavaScript commands in real-time). Even for others, turning JavaScript support off and using Column view is usually enough (heck, that's how I use mine)

When you need something else (most notably to make use of another good ol' tab), Opera Mini is the way to go. BOLT is... too small, even smaller than Opera's, and I haven't found a way to increase the font size

09-05-11 08:31 AM
    Depends on your need, most of the time the stock Browser works well, especially when you need to access community websites like a forum (Opera Mini can't execute JavaScript commands in real-time). Even for others, turning JavaScript support off and using Column view is usually enough (heck, that's how I use mine)

When you need something else (most notably to make use of another good ol' tab), Opera Mini is the way to go. BOLT is... too small, even smaller than Opera's, and I haven't found a way to increase the font size

You can: launch bolt, menu > preferences, set it to 3XXLG. Menu > Save.

09-05-11 08:33 AM
    Well I'll be, you actually can!

Still, it's not as nice as Browser or Opera Mini, in that it reloads the page with each zoom level, while the 2 former can do it on the fly.

Well, to each their own

Last edited by Raestloz; 09-06-11 at 06:35 AM.
    09-06-11 06:30 AM
    If I open crackberry;
    - with Opera Mini it'll automatically enter the mobile version
    - with native Browser it shows as desktop version

How can this happens? Do I need to tweak some settings?
    09-06-11 08:36 AM
    Change the browser identification back to "BlackBerry"

09-06-11 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD