I am a BT Broadband subscriber and whenever I am near a hotspot I try (without success) to log on. I have emailed BT and this is the answer so far

Thanks for your email.

It just so happens that I received word back from the BT Fon team this morning, and after some testing they have identified compatibility issued with some Blackberry devices and they are working on a workaround, it appears to be a server issue.

They have advised me that they'll update me once they have a successful workaround in place (and in turn I'll get back to you when that happens), though they weren't able to give me a timescale on this problem as this fault has only recently been identified.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to offer a resolution at present, but I will get back to you once I hear anything back from them.

I have also posted on the Vodafone forum but no one can work it out. Is there anyone out there with a BB Bold 9780 that can log on to BT openzone? Basically I don't get the login page that I need to (and do on the laptop).
    09-02-11 12:33 PM
    My 9780 has worked fine with Openzone/FON through every version of OS. Infact, Both units of the phone have been fine. Possibly need to further update your OS?
    09-03-11 12:01 PM
    Thanks for that. I have just downloaded the latest software and re-booted the phone but no change I am afraid. Nonetheless I appreciate you making the effort to help.

Wyn
    09-04-11 04:15 AM
    I am also a BT Broadband user ... my 9780 works brilliantly well on UMA at home (which, for signal reasons, it has to).

However I too have never been able to successfully login to a hotspot ... my BB has the latest (official) update and I have opted in to BT Fon/Openzone.

Would someone v kindly set out (in words of 1/2 syllables!) how one successfully logs in to this service. I believe iPhone users have a specific app ... I'm beginning to think I am simple enough to need such an app! Though I don't believe an iPhone comes with the all important UMA.

THANK YOU in advance!
    09-04-11 07:48 AM
    There used to be an option for do not ask me again to auto log onto a wifi hotspot - maybe if you delete and try to rescan it may help?

Its just a guess, then otherwise it may be the firmware - if you use a non-o2 branded firmware and take out the vendor.xml, see if that does the trick.
    09-04-11 01:55 PM
    This is definitely a Blackberry problem. My wife has just got the new iPhone and it logs on to BT Openzone with no problem.
    10-27-11 12:41 PM
    The official BT FON app for BlackBerry is now available from App World, just sign in and search for 'BT FON' Unfortunately there is no support for OS7 devices as yet.
    Last edited by Pearldude; 01-23-12 at 11:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-23-12 11:16 AM
    Just a quick update on the lack of OS7 support for the BTFON app, i'm led to believe this is coming in late spring this year possibly around May 2012
    01-24-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD