Hi,
    I got my BlackBerry 9900 today with 7.0.0.296 pre-installed by T-Mobile Germany! Turns out that the OS is pretty buggy and that turning the phone back on after a battery pull is a nightmare, it just doesn't react on anything until i connect it to my computer...
    So a question to you guys, what OS is the best so far? .3xx from Vodafone.DE?

Please give me some tips
    best regards
    09-02-11 12:28 PM
    Id take your 9900 back...im running 296 on my 9900 although mines sim free, unlocked so doesnt have any of the operator crap on it but i have absolutely none of those problems.

296 has been pretty flawless but im going to update to 353 at some point to see what thats like.

But yes id take it back and get another one and see if that has the same issues.
    09-02-11 12:59 PM
    I tried .296 for a day, but found it quite buggy.

The most annoying one was the 'over-active' trackpad in the browser, always unintentionally opening links whilst scrolling.

I read that .353 had fixed that bug... and it had. I'm very happy with .353, the battery life is great with no memory leak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 03:15 PM
    I always say latest is greatest (but it's not always)
    09-02-11 03:17 PM
    i also have the .296, sim free , and got no probs with the OS.

my next question will be, what have you installed so far? did u switch device or just transfer your contact n mails using backup?
    09-02-11 03:22 PM
    .353 has been the best for me

09-02-11 03:56 PM
    ok i am going to give .353 a try. as is seems the phone has a general problem in turning on after a battery pull, do you think a complete wipe might help here?
    09-02-11 04:09 PM
    ok i am going to give .353 a try. as is seems the phone has a general problem in turning on after a battery pull, do you think a complete wipe might help here?
    Using 353 in the UK, so far no crashes/ resets in 5 days, battery is fine, so no complaints here. All the other OS's had resetss

09-03-11 05:50 AM
    Since yesterday I'm on .261 (came from .269 which was pre-installed).
    It's too early for me to say anything serious about it just yet, because the battery has to sink in first... but other than that it's running pretty sleek I have to say.

The reason why I went back to .261 is because my .269 was terrible on its battery life!
    I'm a very light user, and after just 1 day the battery was only having like 35/40% left... which is absolutely terrible.
    (I have the 9900 for 2 weeks now)
    ---------

Hopefully when the battery sinks in, I get a good result in that area.
    But I guess I'll find out after a few days.
    09-03-11 07:23 AM
    Since yesterday I'm on .261 (came from .269 which was pre-installed).
    i'm thinking of trying .261 out. does the .261 download need to be country specific? im in the uk. the download had 'rogers' in the title. i don't wanna scuff it up
    09-04-11 12:26 PM
    i'm thinking of trying .261 out. does the .261 download need to be country specific? im in the uk. the download had 'rogers' in the title. i don't wanna scuff it up
    You should be good to go, provided you delete the vendor file before installation.

I am with Bell and using a Vodafone OS. .296
    09-04-11 01:11 PM
    .353 has been working better for me that .296
    09-04-11 01:12 PM
    I have been testing the various OS releases since I got my phone. I have seen the best performance with this build. Mind you the performance (memory mngt, power usage) was not that different /build. Now that I have deleted all the apps that are not supported, I plan to cycle through all the releases again, go through em for a week, and see which one works best for me and my network.

In the end, I suspect most of the builds to be the same, rather the user's specific usage and over all carrier signal strength that seems to be the deciding factors, and no one ever mentions those...or keeps track.
    09-04-11 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD