So I'm planning on ordering the Torch 9860 and I would like to know, those of you who already own one are you happy with it or do you regret ever buying it? Would you recommend it plus what do you like the most about it?
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 09-02-11 at 12:19 PM.
    09-02-11 12:11 PM
    I was VERY happy with my 9860 until I tried a Galaxy S2.

The 9860 is a great device if you are into all touch screen devices. It does what Blackberry does best.
    09-02-11 12:18 PM
    I was VERY happy with my 9860 until I tried a Galaxy S2.

The 9860 is a great device if you are into all touch screen devices. It does what Blackberry does best.
    Care to elaborate?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 12:21 PM
    I'm coming from a Storm 2, and have to say this 9860 is one great device. Does everything I want instantly, absolutely no lag at all. Browser loads up quickly, pinch to zoom is perfect. This is a great compliment to my Playbook as well. Bridging your 9860 to your playbook is just icing on the cake.
    Jake2826 and Ammunet91 like this.
    09-02-11 02:55 PM
    I love mine. A couple of small annoyances or glitches, but does not interfere with use and will be smoothed out over time.

Only issue I see sometimes is that the OS was built for a keyboard and altered for touch, so using only touch is not as easy as using the convenience keys provided.

I love it though and found using the virtual keyboard was not as big of a transition as I was afraid of. Wikitude is pretty cool as well.

Can't see changing except for a QNX phone
    09-02-11 03:09 PM
    I am liking mine also. I like the extra screen real estate but miss the keyboard on the 9900. In landscape though the keyboard on the 9850 works very well. Very solid phone and I don't miss android or ios at all when using this phone
    xweb10, Jake2826 and Ammunet91 like this.
    09-02-11 10:55 PM
    im luvin it. still learning to use the virtual keyboard but overall i find it pretty good at figuring out what i want to say
    Jake2826 and Ammunet91 like this.
    09-02-11 10:59 PM
    Amazing device!!!

Upgraded from a Storm 9530. The 9860 feels like a totally different device and love os7!

I have an iPad that I use a lot and I have a lot more annoyances with the iPad than I do with the Torch.
    09-03-11 12:25 AM
    Thank you all so much! I just ordered it after reading all your comments and I just can't wait to get my hands on it when it arrives
    up488 likes this.
    09-03-11 04:30 AM
    The 9900 keyboard stomps over the 9860 ins every way !
    Have you actually tried texting on the the 9860 or are you just saying that because you own a 9900.
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 09-03-11 at 04:50 AM.
    09-03-11 04:46 AM
    Easy to use and really fast. Web navigation is quick and easy. Track pad is great time saver to click on small web page links. Camera takes sharp pictures, pinching for sizing is easy and fluid. Already found some useful free apps. Email is bullet proof.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    09-03-11 09:43 AM
    I've had mine a week now and I absolutely love it. I was using a Bold 9650 so I was concerned about switching to a virtual keyboard but I have become used to it and maybe even liking it. The screen size compared to my 9650 is the biggest positive. I have found that I am actually using the browser more now that the screen size makes it usable. The device is fast and responsive. The battery life is not as good as my 9650 but after a week of tweaking options to not only extend the batter life but also to my own preferences it will last all day. I have no regrets about purchasing the 9850 and would recommend it.
    09-03-11 10:50 AM
    The 9900 keyboard stomps over the 9860 ins every way !
    Lol I don't think there was any question over that. The 9850 strengths are different. But functions good keyboard wise when compared to other all touch phones
    09-03-11 11:04 AM
    Hi Everyone.
    I have been a member for quite some time with cb and have owned a pearl, then a storm, then went to a bold 9000, then a bold 9700 and now the 9860.
    I write about 40 emails a day on my bb, plenty of tweets and bbm messages. In the past few months I have been thinking about following the crowd and moving to a droid or ios but something always told me to wait. So I did and bought a 9860. I was so worried that I would have the same experience with the torch as I had with my storm (what a pos that was), but this is a great fone.
    My summary, a solid phone, easy to use, no drama going to a touchscreen keyboard. The only thing was I have to use it in landscape not portrait. Quicker browser.
    Complaint. Why is so many apps not available to work with bbos7? Doesn�t make sense.
    I hope that rim will turn the company around and qnx is our saviour in the future.
    09-04-11 07:18 AM
    So I did and bought a 9860. I was so worried that I would have the same experience with the torch as I had with my storm (what a pos that was), but this is a great fone. My summary, a solid phone, easy to use, no drama going to a touchscreen keyboard. The only thing was I have to use it in landscape not portrait. Quicker browser.
    Agreed. I just received mines today and so far I'm loving it. It's so fast and light, graphics' amazing, the display is bigger than what I expected and I love it! I was afraid the virtual keyboard would be a problem for me but it hasn't been whatsoever, to be frank I found it easy to text both in landscape and portrait mode.
    Last edited by Ammunet91; 09-04-11 at 09:41 AM.
    LewLew23 likes this.
    09-04-11 09:38 AM
    I have had my 9860 for about 3 days now and I couldn't be happier. I was coming from a Storm 2, and I feel like the change is night and day. The phone extremely fast, very few times have I had to wait on the phone. The screen resolution is amazing. The browser on the Storm 2 was horrible and now the browser is up there with the other mobile OS available. I wasn't a big fan of the buttons at the bottom at the beginning but they have grown on me. Overall this phone just feels really well built also looks just as solid.
    Ammunet91 and chiefbroski like this.
    09-05-11 08:44 PM
    Do any of you miss the left side convenience key? I have a Storm2 now and use it to launch Gesture Pad.
    09-06-11 09:04 AM
    I do miss having the second convenience key a little bit, like on my Tour. I used one for the camera and one for voice dialing before. I have the convenience key on my new Torch set for voice dialing, as I use that quite a bit in my car. More of a minor annoyance than a big deal, though.
    09-06-11 09:29 AM
    Did anybody move from a 9800 torch to the 9850/60 that can provide a review?

Seems that much of the reviews are from people transitioning from non-touch to the virtual keyboard and some from the Storm series to a more pure touchscreen. Much of this was similar to when the Torch first came out. Just curious what a Torch(9800)-to-Torch(9850/60) reviewer would respond to the upgrade.
    09-06-11 09:32 AM
    I love mine, I recently found out that when changing the keyboard to "reduced" I can type alot faster than the full keyboard in portrait mode.
    Ammunet91 likes this.
    09-06-11 12:27 PM
    Do any of you miss the left side convenience key? I have a Storm2 now and use it to launch Gesture Pad.
    Download 6 tools from the market. Allows you to set up volume/mute keys for convience keys, has a few more goodies also. Great app and is made by one of our members here
    djdonnyk and RideRed250 like this.
    09-06-11 02:25 PM
    Had mine since last friday and I love it. I'm coming from a Bold 9650 so I was mainly worried about losing the keyboard and battery life. The torch keyboard is awesome, and the battery life is great. The big screen combined with the super fast browser is simply outstanding! This phone is a huge step forward for RIM. I would recommend it to anyone.

Last edited by spencer1076; 09-06-11 at 07:22 PM.
    Ammunet91 and Ammunet91 like this.
    09-06-11 03:46 PM
    Must be on a different planet.
    As a soon 2b former Storm user, it is thrilling to read so many positive comments from buyers.

If I never drove, the 9860 wins, and I am fast with the portrait keyboard. But I have to think about if I want keys for on the road texting. Tough decision but glad I have a choice.

09-06-11 04:41 PM
    ... But I have to think about if I want keys for on the road texting.
    You must not live in California since texting while driving is illegal in California...
    Lyls likes this.
    09-06-11 05:11 PM
    Must be on a different planet.
    As a soon 2b former Storm user, it is thrilling to read so many positive comments from buyers.

If I never drove, the 9860 wins, and I am fast with the portrait keyboard. But I have to think about if I want keys for on the road texting. Tough decision but glad I have a choice.

Whether is legal or not texting and driving don't mix!!! You will hurt yourself and unfortunately someone innocent.

09-06-11 06:22 PM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD