I'm so sick of BB DM and the 2-way sync! I update everything on my device and only sync up to my Mac as a back-up. But every time I sync, I end up with duplicate notes, contacts and appointments because of the 2-way sync feature, and old info from my Mac wipes out good info on my BB. Is there any way around this? I'm not a real savvy BB user so maybe there is something I'm missing. An easy fix or a setting somewhere?

I REALLY want to get a 9930 but am so tired of struggling with DM that I have thoughts of throwing in the towel and defecting to iPhone, just to have a device that will play nicely with my Mac. I wish RIM would work to improve the Mac-user experience.

Please help!
    09-01-11 10:11 PM
    I feel your pain. I'm a long time BB user, new macbook user. Used to be able to choose "BB wins" if information conflicted. Now I'd be happy with a one-way sync but there's no option to do either. Production companies are always changing their addresses and phone numbers with every new show or season so I'm tired of calling or texting client's old cell numbers, losing important updates and getting duplicate entries after sync. I'm not going back to a PC, so my only choice would be to move to a different device, which I really don't want to do.
    10-04-11 01:26 AM
    Well you DO have one other option, I think. You can get Parallels Desktop and basically run a Windows virtual machine on your Macbook. Then I THINK you can load BB DM for PC on that and sync your BB as you used to do, with your PC. I THINK. I never actually did it and then I never upgraded my version of Parallels and now would have to buy a whole new version as the version I have isn't upgrade-able any longer.

For me, I have decided that I just shouldn't have to jump through all those hoops to get my device and my Mac to play nicely together. Maybe I'll get the new version of Parallels eventually, but I don't want to feel like I HAVE to buy it, just to get my phone to work with my computer. I have only been a BB user for 2 years and I REALLY like it, but I think RIM isn't taking enough care of their Mac users and I just want a device that will sync properly with my machine without going through all the fanfare of deleting duplicate appointments, contacts, notes, etc. and overwriting the "good" info on my device with outdated info on my Mac.

Coupled with issues I've had with BB App World (and I needed a PC to fix it, actually) and the down-graded camera on the 9930, I've decided to go with an iPhone. I really hate to leave BB because I like the keyboard and I really do like the way the OS works. Email, texting and even just the phone itself are so much better on BB. I've used iPhones before and don't care for a number of things about it, but at the end of the day when I make a pros and cons list for iPhone vs. BB9930, I just get more pros for iPhone. I feel kind of sad for leaving, but will keep an ear to the ground and when/if RIM can bring on a device that truly competes with iPhone (AND plays nicely with my Mac!), I'll be right there to get it!

Good luck to you!
    10-05-11 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD