So, on my 9900 (unlocked Rogers branded on AT&T) everything has been working just fine until last night. When I first got the phone I logged into it using my BB ID, setup my email (which connects to Google Apps) and my calendar and contacts synced over automatically.

Last night I noticed that ain important meeting for this morning was not on my Blackberry for some reason. It's in my calendar online, but not on my phone. I noticed another next Tuesday is also missing. The common thread for these two events is I was invited as meeting requests (which I accepted) but did not create them myself.

Any thoughts? This is a pretty big deal to me 'cause if it isn't on my phone, I tend to miss meetings and events. (I cross-posted this on the Blackberry OS 7 forum as well).
    09-01-11 02:21 PM
    How many different calendars are there on your Blackberry? Go to Calendar, options and Select calendar? Ideally there should only be one syncing with Google sync. Copy all your calendar entries onto the calendar you want to use, Then go to options, device, Advanced system settings, service book and make sure there is only only one CICAL entry - the one for the calendar you want to use. Do a battery pull, and then try to run Google sync.
    09-01-11 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

How many different calendars are there on your Blackberry? Go to Calendar, options and Select calendar? Ideally there should only be one syncing with Google sync. Copy all your calendar entries onto the calendar you want to use, Then go to options, device, Advanced system settings, service book and make sure there is only only one CICAL entry - the one for the calendar you want to use. Do a battery pull, and then try to run Google sync.
    Single calendar, but my calendar options do show Facebook as a calendar option as well. I don't have Google Sync installed; inherently with BBOS7 there is (was?) support for Google Apps including cal and contacts. So, I can install Google Sync, but my understanding was that this is not a requirement on BBOS7. Or am I wrong there?

Under service books I see 2 CICAL entries, one for Google, one for Facebook. Should I delete the Facebook one?

So far I've tried removing the Google Apps account across the board, pulling battery, and adding it back in. Still no joy for some reason.

Agreed, I had a similar issue when moving to the 9900, just to agree with previous reply..... eventually things were so screwy , multiple appts duplicated etc etc on mine i deleted the google sync ap altogether, and started over, downloaded the ap from google, made sure it would sync with ONE calendar only and wollaahh ! perfect ! Go to online version of calendar and confirm which calendar you use, I found that the preloaded google sync on my blackberry was prepared to create a calendar for each email address I used on Blackberry, it decided which calendar was the one to use on its own, turns out it was the first email address i configured on my new BB. Since this was not the appropriate calendar the mess started there. I hope I'm not too confusing !
    When you say you're going online to look at the settings you're using, do you
    mean in BIS, or within some Google setting? In any case, I have only a single email account / calendar account configured at the moment.

And to be clear, I only have this happening with events to which I have been invited and accepted; not on events created by me either online or on the BB.
    09-01-11 06:36 PM
    I installed Google Sync in my handset and it worked for a few days, then lagged out the phone and when I rebooted, it deleted all of the contacts and email and text messages, and all the settings. Just as a brand new phone right out of the box, except it left third party apps in the phone that still had to be set back up. There were a bunch of people on here saying they had similar problems with google sync on OS7 and it did some of the same things, and not to use it because the OS is made to sync with your google account when you set it up, though sometimes when you add contacts it could be several hours before you see them show up synced to google.
    09-02-11 12:14 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

Single calendar, but my calendar options do show Facebook as a calendar option as well. I don't have Google Sync installed; inherently with BBOS7 there is (was?) support for Google Apps including cal and contacts. So, I can install Google Sync, but my understanding was that this is not a requirement on BBOS7. Or am I wrong there?

Under service books I see 2 CICAL entries, one for Google, one for Facebook. Should I delete the Facebook one?

So far I've tried removing the Google Apps account across the board, pulling battery, and adding it back in. Still no joy for some reason.

When you say you're going online to look at the settings you're using, do you
    mean in BIS, or within some Google setting? In any case, I have only a single email account / calendar account configured at the moment.

And to be clear, I only have this happening with events to which I have been invited and accepted; not on events created by me either online or on the BB.
    Personally I would back up your BB using desktop manager and/or Blackberry Protect, then delete the Facebook CICAL. I have Google sync installed and it works well to sync my calendar, but then I use hotmail not gmail for my e-mails.
    09-02-11 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD