I wish I still didn't have more than a year on my contract, or wasn't living on a janitor's salary at this moment. The Verizon store where I pay my bill has finally put a 9930 on display. I probably stood there playing with that thing for 45 minutes, which is ok because they know me there.

Anyway, I could cry. Everything positive you've ever heard about that Berry is absolutely true. The thing is fast, browsing full blown sites was flawless, and the keyboard is spaced and comfortable, definitely the finest mobile keyboard I've ever typed on hands down. The screen that is supposedly small isn't that small to me at all. It seems wide and its kickass resolution makes it crystal clear. I played with the pinch to zoom feature just for the **** of it, but frankly I didn't need it.

Such a fast, smooth device. Light as a feather and just gorgeous in every aspect. If you are someone wondering about these, please spend a few minutes with it. Simply amazing. I'm so bleeding heart jealous of those of you who afforded one of these. It really is leaps and bounds ahead of the older Berries.
    Rock on RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    suself, jdub20, bustermin and 1 others like this.
    09-01-11 11:45 AM
    I am right with you buddy. I too played with a demo unit and it was simply amazing. It was much lighter than it looked and the display was bright and vibrant.

I've also been reading that the display works well in the sunlight which is always a plus. I am in the process of saving to get one myself before the QNX phones come out.

I know it is only a rumor but if the first QNX phone will be all touch, no thank you. I will stick with a great physical keyboard for now.
    09-01-11 11:53 AM
    @OP.. aww I'm sorry that you're not able to get it now. I for one ordered one from tmo and I cannot wait until I get it. And your review just makes me that more excited. I hope you will be able to get it soon for yourself
    09-01-11 11:55 AM
    save up some shekels and grab one of those rude boys for yourself. it is a kick *** piece of machinery.
    09-01-11 12:59 PM
    save up some shekels and grab one of those rude boys for yourself. it is a kick *** piece of machinery.
    It really is! I picked it up yesterday and I cant put it down!
    09-01-11 06:03 PM
    i agree 100% m8 the phone is nothing short of beautiful. so well built too. im a storm user and always preferred the touch screen on any phone but this thing really caught my attention. it was the best web experience on any phone i ever tried. i found myself around it for 30 minutes at the verizon store. im out of contract but cant see myself spending $250 on anything right now.

but no worries, you might be just in time for the qnx phone.
    09-01-11 06:18 PM
    I wouldn't buy the QNX phone unless it has a keyboard. I came from the iPhone to Android to BB because I wanted a better keyboard. Finally realised that no matter what they say - nothing beats a real keyboard. And so far, nothing has beaten the BlackBerry keyboard.
    09-01-11 07:17 PM
    it is a nice phone.
    09-01-11 07:51 PM
    The 9930 is a must have! I've had mine since 08/20/2011, and it is amazingly fast, light weight, and the graphics are crisp. Love it!
    09-01-11 09:49 PM
    Great phone it is! Playing with mine all the time. Brilliant innovation, great res, great touchscreen, amazing keyboard! OS 7 spectacular. Cmon people try to buy it its sooooo well worth it!

09-02-11 10:09 AM
    I wish I still didn't have more than a year on my contract, or wasn't living on a janitor's salary at this moment.
    It may be a blessing in disguise.

I am seeing and hearing from friends that there are man bugs with OS7 I am going to wait a few more months to see how people really like it.

Have you seen this and many other threads?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-16-a-645452/

Granted these are just a few istances and may be few and far between, which is my reason for waiting......
    Last edited by bustermin; 09-02-11 at 11:22 AM.
    09-02-11 11:15 AM
    I can't wait to get mmine
    Saddly it would be nxt month

09-02-11 11:24 AM
    Set aside 50 bucks a pay in a special technology fund, that's what I do, plus I trade devices here at CB in our Market Place.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    09-02-11 11:31 AM
    Set aside 50 bucks a pay in a special technology fund, that's what I do, plus I trade devices here at CB in our Market Place.
    That is a great idea PK and I forgot all about the Market Place.
    Haven't heard from ya in a while, Hope all is going well my friend!

I could not be happier with my new Bold 9930 and YEs there are going to be small bugs in all new devices. That is why they make updates to iron those things out. I went thru 2 years with my Tour bug free believe it or not and hope the 9930 gives me the same luck.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-02-11 at 07:28 PM.
    09-02-11 07:24 PM
    My addiction is baaack. Help!
    09-02-11 07:27 PM
    @OP.. aww I'm sorry that you're not able to get it now. I for one ordered one from tmo and I cannot wait until I get it. And your review just makes me that more excited. I hope you will be able to get it soon for yourself
    does it not worry you that there is no wifi? i have tmobile and there service is so-so in my area. at my house i have to stay on wi-fi just to get things done without losing service. im going to wait and keep my 9780 until i see exactly where rim is going. they are in a transition right now and things are looking up for them. Their move to QNX even though popular by fans could fail... i hope not as i really like them.
    09-03-11 06:12 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I agree ... the Bold 9900 / 9930 is absolutely AMAZING!!!
    09-03-11 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD