It doesn't surprise me at all, but might surprise some of you.

I called VZW about an account related issue and got to talking about 9930 sales. She said she works a 10 hour shift, and in that 10 hours, she receives about 20 calls for 9930 sales per day. And that's just one rep. She went on to say that she recommends the 9930 over the iphone to all customers who ask.

I haven't done much searching regarding phone sales so I'm not sure if that's something that anyone can look up. I'm curious to know what the 9930 sales are so far. Does anyone know how to get that info?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 10:52 AM
    To me that's not VZW recommending the 9930-it's one rep. When I called last week needing a 9930 replacement the rep told me she was BB all the way, but everyone she worked with was iphone/android. I didn't take that as VZW was endorsing the 9930 over any other phone.

09-01-11 11:10 AM
    Yeah, when I went to the store to get my 9930, they didn't have any in stock, and didnt know when more were coming in. The rep told me they have sold about 5. They didnt even have a demo unit out in the store. The rep looked honestly surprised when I told her I wanted one. She started to try to talk up the iPhone to me, until she looked at my history and saw I have had the iPhone, and nearly every Android device in their line up. Glad to be back home on BB
    09-01-11 11:22 AM
    True, I guess its not VZW as a whole recommending it. With such conflicting stories just in this post, I guess we can't rely on anything the reps say (as if we didn't already know that).

Still, I'd like to see some sales numbers. I bet they've sold a lot more than 5 per store, and I highly doubt that store only ordered 5 initially, sold them, and didn't order more...

09-01-11 11:46 AM
    This doesn't surprise me at all.

/golf_clap_9930
    09-01-11 11:52 AM
    Don't expect too much in terms of sales #'s. They are going to be low. Verizon is not stocking many of these and most reps don't endorse blackberry over iPhone/Android. Can't really blame them though since this is the first new phone they've had in a LONG while from RIM.
    09-01-11 12:16 PM
    I really tried, but I prefer my iphone. I sent it (9930) back yesterday. I will say BB is headed in the right direction and Im glad to see it as I may be back myself someday.
    09-01-11 03:10 PM
    It's a sad state. You'd think they'd be excited over the 9930, considering what they had to offer in a BlackBerry before it's arrival. I can dig them being interested in the iphone and Bionic too, but this is like a restaurant adding a new feature item, and the wait staff taping over it on the menu.
    09-01-11 03:50 PM
    Yeah, when I went to the store to get my 9930, they didn't have any in stock, and didnt know when more were coming in. The rep told me they have sold about 5. They didnt even have a demo unit out in the store. The rep looked honestly surprised when I told her I wanted one. She started to try to talk up the iPhone to me, until she looked at my history and saw I have had the iPhone, and nearly every Android device in their line up. Glad to be back home on BB
    I like your post, it shows that Blackberry is a good phone for real, not some fashion trend that sells just because everybody has one, Blackberry is what i call a "professional smart phone" and i am happy to see that you found that it suits you just right, even after using other brand devices..
    09-01-11 03:56 PM
    I like your post, it shows that Blackberry is a good phone for real, not some fashion trend that sells just because everybody has one, Blackberry is what i call a "professional smart phone" and i am happy to see that you found that it suits you just right, even after using other brand devices..
    You are fully aware that from mid/late 2006 until roughly 2008 BlackBerry's were just that, fashion trend. And to a point, still are. That goes for all of them. I'm sure there are a few out there that get something because it's popular and it's the trending thing. However those that do this are mostly kids which make up a smaller part of market share than adults who usually buy what they want for a variety of reasons, mainly because it's what works best for them.
    Everyone likes different things. There's no point in trying to label certain ones as fashion trends and discrediting their useful purpose to their owners.
    mustangv8 likes this.
    09-01-11 04:10 PM
    Anybody know where to find early sales numbers for the new devices launched at VZW? Still haven't been able to locate, not sure if its even possible without BB officially releasing. Anybody?

09-07-11 01:39 PM
    Its a smart phone race going on! This is why RIM needs to get on the ball with their devices. This can be a make it or break time for smart phone platforms. IMO you will see apple loose ground and blackberry gain while android grows to #1. Apples iphone has worn its welcome out and people are tired of the same old thing. .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 09:46 PM
    Anybody know where to find early sales numbers for the new devices launched at VZW? Still haven't been able to locate, not sure if its even possible without BB officially releasing. Anybody?

This could be asked at Verizon's quarterly earnings report.
    09-07-11 09:54 PM
    Its a smart phone race going on! This is why RIM needs to get on the ball with their devices. This can be a make it or break time for smart phone platforms. IMO you will see apple loose ground and blackberry gain while android grows to #1. Apples iphone has worn its welcome out and people are tired of the same old thing. .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    No way, RIM hasn't been on the ball in years, and that is why they are far behind Android and Apple in sales.

Wait until iphone 5 comes out and outsells all BB combined.
    are you behind in the times, RIM is nowhere near 1 and android is not losing marketshare.
    09-07-11 09:57 PM
    I think people are going to be surprised by a big RIM comeback in the next year. I LOVE this phone.
    Mrluky likes this.
    09-07-11 11:21 PM
    Pretty sure the Verizon reps that recommend the 9930 over the iPhone are using reverse psychology.
    09-07-11 11:33 PM
    A friend of my son works at ATT. He says they get commission on BBs and Droids that they sell. Their commission on iPhones is $0.00, zilch, nada. Do the math?
    09-08-11 06:54 AM
    VZN will never push BB's until they get one that works on their 4G LTE network. VZN is all about LTE. Every TV spot they run seems to be about the LTE network, not any specific phone, unless it is a 4G phone.

Some people think 4G doesn't matter. I say it has cost RIM the support of America's largest carrier.
    09-08-11 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD