It amazes me how people ask questions in this forum for stuff that is already covered in the manual. Do people still read it? You will find by searching the manual is actually more productive in solving your problem than searching and spending time on blogs. (and you may actually find other tips and features you never know about)

UPDATE: The Help icon under Applications also has ton of information. Scroll by topic, look at Getting Started and How To and Tips and you may start enjoying stepping into new frontiers you never thought exist.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 09-01-11 at 10:23 AM.
    flyersfan76 and John Yester like this.
    09-01-11 09:21 AM
    LOL. I agree. I also tend to guess a lot.

My wife got a Bold 9650 last year and I ask her things. Simple things mostly as I am still new to short cuts and the BB keyboard. Like hit the space bar twice and it inserts a period at the end of a sentence.

I have figured out how to number (alt) lock BUT I can not figure out how to do Caps lock.

I have NOT asked the forum yet because I have been too lazy to check the manual that is on my phone AND loaded on my playbook.

Agree 100%
    09-01-11 09:32 AM
    ALT, right shift for Caps lock. page 47 for 9930 manual.
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    09-01-11 09:36 AM
    Couldn't agree with you more rcm, Some are just to lazy & figured the board will give them all the answers & when you tell them to "do a search" or "did you read the manual" you came out as being rude or mean.
    09-01-11 09:49 AM
    It's all well and good to tell people to read the manual but let's try to be more helpful especially to those just joining the BlackBerry ranks and do not like like using printed material. Here is a link to the 9930 user manual which is in PDF format and will allow you to type keywords to search for terms.
    CrackBerry is a community to help new and experienced users, please download this manual to find out the answers to your questions or to familiarize yourself with your phone if you prefer this method to the printed manual.
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-7.0-US.pdf

Cheers!
    09-01-11 10:01 AM
    Manual is already in the Bold 9900/9930 in TWO different formats: PDF and electronic.

If you are a health freak like my parents... this is one thing people don't read: microwave signals used in communication may cause brain damage, fertility problems, DNA problems. Do not hold the phone too close to your body EVEN when in use. You suppose to have about 0.5 to 1 cm between your ear and the phone (depend on the phone) when answering calls. The Blackberry OEM holster and even Otterbox box belt clip is designed so it is over/close to 1 cm away from your body tissues.

I see that all of my friends keep their naked (not even cover) phone in their pocket so close to tissues vital organs. One girl I know place the 9780 in her front pocket. I show her the manual and now she use the holster.

My policy.... life is too short... its OK to get cooked in microwave LOL
    Last edited by mss-ca; 09-01-11 at 10:13 AM.
    09-01-11 10:04 AM
    I have learned MORE from reading these posts than reading the manual. All the tips, tricks and shortcuts - These forums are AWESOME!!
    tard44 and mssca like this.
    09-01-11 10:21 AM
    Hahaha....true, as they always say "RTFM".
    09-01-11 04:01 PM
    They always say it, so few do it....lol

Hey I would be happy if everyone just included the information we need to help em.
    09-01-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD