I dont think samsung has learned its lesson in tablets, but i am glad the competition is stiffening.

The arrogance of the two weasels running the company has not subsided one bit... and unless that promised "super OS update" coming soon (as usual) really matures this device it just wont go down in history as anything more than a mediocre device.
    tsj likes this.
    08-31-11 10:10 PM
    Weird, this thread was bumped down a page, below posts i made a hour or more before...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 10:29 PM
    Problem is it runs android. I only care so much about specs, if it runs good and smooth it can have the worst specs and run the fastest. What I do care about is the OS and what OS I like not what OS anyone else says is best. BTW what is Beda OS? Or did the blurb I read on it mean beta?

I have to wonder why post about every new tab coming out end up in here? If I go to the ipad section will I see the same thing?
    09-01-11 12:04 AM
    Plus I have tried to like Honeycomb and it is like an OS with a bunch of parts thrown together that is not quite complete. QNX is definitely better at this point.
    I agree completely. It seems like the product of many minds, not one. QNX is much more elegant.
    09-01-11 12:39 AM
    Could be my next tablet...

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/01/samsung-galaxy-tab-7-7-official-super-amoled-plus-display-dual/

Upon reading this I really hope Rim can pull something out of their hat as they are going to be out gunned in the 7 inch space very soon. I love the micro sd slot. 7.7 inch, could be a great size, the playbook could have a smaller bezel but larger screen.

Last edited by Rgainsmi; 09-01-11 at 04:54 AM.
    09-01-11 04:45 AM
    hey, how about all the things that have been promised since release?

-native bbm, agenda, android player..

it will be too late if they wait until october, they will have lost mindshare nevermind the faith of everyone who was told 60 days and this summer...
    09-01-11 05:08 AM
    What really is going to be awesome in the new Samsung tablet, is the AMOLED screen. Awesome for movies, as well as viewing outside. Consider me lustful!

09-01-11 06:20 AM
    RIM better hurry up. This new Samsung looks KILLER.
    09-01-11 06:30 AM
    I'm looking forward to it. The specs are great!

09-01-11 06:44 AM
    According to Engadget, it won't be released until late in Q4. So, maybe RIM has a little time.

Does the Samsung have HDMI out? I can't tell.
    09-01-11 06:49 AM
    Engadget has updated photos and video!

09-01-11 06:51 AM
    Problem is it runs android. I only care so much about specs, if it runs good and smooth it can have the worst specs and run the fastest. What I do care about is the OS and what OS I like not what OS anyone else says is best. BTW what is Beda OS? Or did the blurb I read on it mean beta?

I have to wonder why post about every new tab coming out end up in here? If I go to the ipad section will I see the same thing?
    09-01-11 07:04 AM
    Please please RIM you can still succeed here, just put some money into it.
    If the PB hasnt been tweaked and OS 2 by jan or feb i will probably decommission my PB for this thing.
    Which does saden me a little to say, but there is months until then and i really think it can happen.
    I have faith and really excited about the QNX phones.
    09-01-11 07:12 AM
    Perhaps its because it appears most of us suffer from early adoptor syndrome.
    But really, i think its more a sign that people are frustrated that another company can produce three/four tablet formfactors, with unique software (overlays, stylus software) on each when RIM cant seem to deliver on the one tablet in the stable in 6 months
    09-01-11 07:13 AM
    I have a 7" Acer Iconia Tab that runs Honeycomb 3.2 and it runs completely smooth and fluid. I like QNX much better than Honeycomb. Honeycomb is okay once you get used to it. The OS on these devices is just a way to organize information and launch apps anyway. There are definitely more functions available on the Android Platform than on Playbook. This is the thing that is killing Playbook.

The Bada OS is Samsung's own OS but it is not used in America.
    09-01-11 07:16 AM
    I'm looking forward to it. The specs are great!
    maybe but it still lags a bit. how much processing power does Android need to be smooth anyway?
    09-01-11 07:16 AM
    But really, i think its more a sign that people are frustrated that another company can produce three/four tablet formfactors, with unique software (overlays, stylus software) on each when RIM cant seem to deliver on the one tablet in the stable in 6 months
    Yes. I am an early adopter. Early adopters usually get screwed.

Other companies have a huge head start because they already have an OS to work with. RIM is creating its OS as it goes along. Assuming this all works out and QNX is completed, RIM should be in that same position.
    menaknow likes this.
    09-01-11 07:20 AM
    now this could probably tempt me away from the playbook....
    09-01-11 07:24 AM
    Too bad this is by Samsung. I have owned alot of their products and time after time their implementation can leave something to be desired, despite having great specs. Certain features take away from the implementation or they are slow in updates. Maybe this will be different but I am not optimistic.

Plus I have tried to like Honeycomb and it is like an OS with a bunch of parts thrown together that is not quite complete. QNX is definitely better at this point.
    09-01-11 07:31 AM
    Yes. I am an early adopter. Early adopters usually get screwed.

Other companies have a huge head start because they already have an OS to work with. RIM is creating its OS as it goes along. Assuming this all works out and QNX is completed, RIM should be in that same position.
    How true how true.

I hope QNX is never "completed" however
    09-01-11 07:58 AM
    Not many decent 7" tablets out there besides the Playbook, Nook Color and Archos/Viewsonic variants but finally HTC and Samsung got some out and the 7.7 is interesting, I may look into that. I like HTC products, but I'm not feeling it with the Flyer.

But why have an Android tablet whent he PB has the Android player coming.
    09-01-11 08:05 AM
    Not
    But why have an Android tablet whent he PB has the Android player coming.
    Because the Android player won't support tablet apps.

Because it won't support advanced graphics and many games.

Because most Android apps won't run on the player. (It requires the developer to recompile their app, and so far interest has been underwhelming)

09-01-11 08:13 AM
    So Samsung, how many sized tablets and phones is it possible to make? 20? lol

Just make'em in 1" increments to make everyone happy lol
    09-01-11 08:21 AM
    This is going to continue to happen because Samsung only has to worry about hardware. They have Google to work on the OS. Less to work on for them.

And security is also not a priority for them.
    09-01-11 08:22 AM
    I have a Samsung TV and it now takes 5 minutes to turn on. They will never get another dollar from me.
    09-01-11 08:24 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD