Now the phone gives me a white screen and in the middle, there is a message....

App Error 602

Reset

so what is App Error 602?
    Some application has corrupted the OS. That explains why you were seeing the hourglass.
    Reload the OS. I would sugget wiping it with BBSAK first.
    Know a few friends with 9780s running OS 6, and they have no problems with it.
    08-31-11 06:38 PM
    oh I forgot to mention, there's a memory cleaning app built into the blackberry OS, but it needs to be turned on in the settings.

It can be set to clear memory every hour (give and take); a set amount of time after handset inactivity; or manually - I usually reassign a convenience key for this, and activate it when the clock shows up (helps alot).
    08-31-11 10:26 PM
    How come every once in a while (usually about once every couple days) my phone has that hourglass and then I have to reset the phone? Why do I have to reset my phone once every couple days? Why can't it run smoothly like other phones? When there is an important message or BBM coming in, then the hourglass kicks in if I have not reset the phone every couple days, so I have to battery pull and wait for the phone to reboot at a critical moment? How about when you are expecting that important call, then you HAVE to reboot your phone?

Enough of my rant. Is there any ways for me to have the phone always running without having to reboot? I have the latest and greatest official OS (never download the leak one) from RIM. Is this the quality of BB?

Thanks.
    08-31-11 11:36 PM
    How come every once in a while (usually about once every couple days) my phone has that hourglass and then I have to reset the phone? Why do I have to reset my phone once every couple days? Why can't it run smoothly like other phones? When there is an important message or BBM coming in, then the hourglass kicks in if I have not reset the phone every couple days, so I have to battery pull and wait for the phone to reboot at a critical moment? How about when you are expecting that important call, then you HAVE to reboot your phone?

Enough of my rant. Is there any ways for me to have the phone always running without having to reboot? I have the latest and greatest official OS (never download the leak one) from RIM. Is this the quality of BB?

Thanks.
    Wow, what about us defective storm owners that have to pull our battery several times a day? How we can't even make an important call or depend on our phone to actually even work properly when we need it.

Reboots are a daily feature for many BB owners, of course I'm one of them.

This is the unquality of RIM.
    08-31-11 11:39 PM
    It's a 9700. If you have BB6 installed, this is bound to happen...even on OS5 it happened. If it bothers you that much, you can set your phone to reboot automatically, say in the middle of the night when you're sleeping. Then you don't have to worry about it. I think QuickPull gives you this option.
    08-31-11 11:44 PM
    I use QuickPull Free. It resets my phone at 3AM when I'm asleep.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 11:45 PM
    It's a 9700. If you have BB6 installed, this is bound to happen...even on OS5 it happened. If it bothers you that much, you can set your phone to reboot automatically, say in the middle of the night when you're sleeping. Then you don't have to worry about it. I think QuickPull gives you this option.
    Mindreader!

Michelle Haag likes this.
    08-31-11 11:46 PM
    That's not the point. If RIM puts out the BB6, then RIM is guaranteeing that it should work. then why do we users have to remind ourselves that we need to reboot our phone? sure sure, it's the easy way to get out of it, but why? Why can't BB SW quality close to other phones that don't require resets?

I don't even apps on it, just a Google Map, that's it, besides the normal loaded app from the SW
    Last edited by gameson; 08-31-11 at 11:50 PM.
    08-31-11 11:47 PM
    well, it's 9780... but anyway, that's not a point. why do we users have to remind ourselves that we need to reboot our phone? sure sure, it's the easy way to get out of it, but why? Why can't BB SW quality close to other phones that don't require resets?
    My bad, your user info says 9700.
    All sorts of electronics need rebooted. For example, pcs, laptops, MacBooks etc etc. Why should BB be any different?
    08-31-11 11:49 PM
    No problem, Michelle, we have 9700 (me), 8520 (sis), and 9800 (bro), and it's all doing the same thing. I just posted at the general discussion because it's a common 'feature' across all BB phones
    Last edited by gameson; 09-01-11 at 12:04 AM.
    08-31-11 11:51 PM
    The 9700 can't run OS6. Don't bother with it, either go back to OS5 or sell it.
    08-31-11 11:53 PM
    No problem, Michelle, we have 9700 (me), 8520 (sis), and 9800 (bro), and it's all doing the same thing. I just posted at the general discussion because it's a common 'feature' across all BB phones
    I hear ya. It's unfortunate that our awesome phones have to experience that. I can say it's gotten better with the BB7 devices. There were a couple of OS' on my 9800 that were HORRIBLE for hourglass! Every time I'd get an email, I would have 4 minutes of hourglass. It was ridiculous.
    09-01-11 12:10 AM
    My bad, your user info says 9700.
    All sorts of electronics need rebooted. For example, pcs, laptops, MacBooks etc etc. Why should BB be any different?
    While older PCs running lets say Win95 or NT needed to be rebooted the newer
    servers, PCs and laptops running Window 7 or even XP do not need to be rebooted daily.
    In fact we only reboot our servers at work once every three weeks during a maint. window. Some of them run for 3 months before being rebooted with no issues.

Memory leaks, poor memory mgmt and bad apps produce the need for rebooting daily.

I hope the newer phones (OS7) have grown passed the need to reboot
    once a day or two.

Tim
    09-01-11 12:12 AM
    I hear ya. It's unfortunate that our awesome phones have to experience that. I can say it's gotten better with the BB7 devices. There were a couple of OS' on my 9800 that were HORRIBLE for hourglass! Every time I'd get an email, I would have 4 minutes of hourglass. It was ridiculous.
    I have tried many memory mgrs and the one that works for me the best on my 9650 is Memory Optimizer.

Yep, I still reboot it once a day but this app seems to have cut down the
    times I see the "hour glass of death".

I have also found that apps running in the background can cause excessive hour glass appearances as well. Having too many running or accessing things will do this for sure.

Tim
    09-01-11 12:15 AM
    Now to my amusement entertainment only, I am STILL waiting currently since the first post which is an hour ago from this post, the phone is still doing hourglass and the hourglass don't stop. I locked the phone, and now I can't even unlock my phone (of course, this can be solved by battery pull), but why does my phone do this?

so what's wrong with my device?
    09-01-11 12:42 AM
    Now to my amusement entertainment only, I am STILL waiting currently since the first post which is an hour ago from this post, the phone is still doing hourglass and the hourglass don't stop. I locked the phone, and now I can't even unlock my phone (of course, this can be solved by battery pull), but why does my phone do this?

so what's wrong with my device?
    You mentioned that it hourglasses when messages come in. Do you have a lot of messages you could purge?

Otherwise, a fresh install, preferably OS5.
    09-01-11 12:55 AM
    Now the phone gives me a white screen and in the middle, there is a message....

App Error 602

Reset

so what is App Error 602?
    09-01-11 12:59 AM
    how many apps do you have running in the background, and which ones?

If too many apps are left running, it can cause your berry to bog down to a grinding halt (the reason I close apps not actively in-use).
    09-01-11 05:17 AM
    oh I forgot to mention, there's a memory cleaning app built into the blackberry OS, but it needs to be turned on in the settings.

It can be set to clear memory every hour (give and take); a set amount of time after handset inactivity; or manually - I usually reassign a convenience key for this, and activate it when the clock shows up (helps alot).
    09-01-11 05:27 AM
    Try bejoose.... There is a trial version in app world. Good luck.

09-01-11 07:34 AM
    Interesting... I have 9700 BB6 and haven't had a single hourglass to date. Only during downloads. I wonder why for you

09-01-11 10:52 AM
    I don't have apps on my phone, the only app i have is Google Map. And during the hour glass, GMap is not running.

Someone said that the newer BB has less hourglass. Can it be related to the CPU of the phone? That because it's slower, it's more prone to delay?
    09-01-11 01:32 PM
    when I said apps, I meant even the ones by RIM itself - i.e. browser, message window, phone window, etc.

Hold the button w/the Blackberry symbol until the screen with your active apps show up; then go into each, click the same blackberry button & choose close for each one.

Also try the built in memory cleaner - it'll helped to regain some control when your berry acts up (does for me on all my berrys).
    09-02-11 12:23 AM
    I only do a battery pull when my device misbehaves. Don't know about you, but if you reloaded the OS, it wouldn't give you that issue. What OS are you using? Me: 5.0.0.1014, down from 6.0.0.600.

09-02-11 04:11 AM
    when I said apps, I meant even the ones by RIM itself - i.e. browser, message window, phone window, etc.

Hold the button w/the Blackberry symbol until the screen with your active apps show up; then go into each, click the same blackberry button & choose close for each one.

Also try the built in memory cleaner - it'll helped to regain some control when your berry acts up (does for me on all my berrys).
    only 5 apps, message, phone, browser, BBM, and home.

i took out the Virtual VM from AT&T app when I installed the latest OS, I also took at the HELP, and AT&T Address Book. I clean my BB before I put a new OS.

I am a control freak, so I basically take out everything I don't need and always keep the running app at the minimum BB required (which is 5, message, phone, browser, BBM, and home)
    09-02-11 01:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD