Are you 100% sure that you do not have any unread messages?

The messages folder groups messages with the same title into groups (Threads). I have noticed that I get a new message but when I go into the message folder all are read. But if I click U for unread it will go to a message (thread) where there is an unread message.
    Sorry if you already knew that - just thought it may help

B
    08-31-11 08:21 PM
    I know its this dreaded issue again. Maybe its my luck with Blackberries, maybe its just ME lol.

Anyways, new 9900 is awesome! But the LED is driving me nuts. I just upgraded to 317 to see if it would help and it didn't. Very big letdown. Usually on my older berries (9700, 9780) I would install a new OS and stuck with it and the LED problem was gone. I'm only a few days into my 9900 and the LED is already acting up.

Now I know I'm probably gonna get the same responses I've googled. Maybe I'm hoping someone will tell me its happening to a lot of us. ALL my buddies have the new 9900 and none of them have this issue lol. I've tried everything from shutting every app down to resetting the phone for up to 30 seconds after a battery pull. It works for a while then comes back.

I guess you can call this more of a rant since honestly speaking any recommended solution I've probably tried. Or maybe I'm hoping for someone to be in the same boat as me! Who knows. Oh well, the turbulent life of my Blackberries go on!
    08-31-11 11:06 PM
    have you checked your profile settings? maybe the led is turned to "off"
    08-31-11 11:32 PM
    I know its this dreaded issue again. Maybe its my luck with Blackberries, maybe its just ME lol.

Anyways, new 9900 is awesome! But the LED is driving me nuts. I just upgraded to 317 to see if it would help and it didn't. Very big letdown. Usually on my older berries (9700, 9780) I would install a new OS and stuck with it and the LED problem was gone. I'm only a few days into my 9900 and the LED is already acting up.

Now I know I'm probably gonna get the same responses I've googled. Maybe I'm hoping someone will tell me its happening to a lot of us. ALL my buddies have the new 9900 and none of them have this issue lol. I've tried everything from shutting every app down to resetting the phone for up to 30 seconds after a battery pull. It works for a while then comes back.

I guess you can call this more of a rant since honestly speaking any recommended solution I've probably tried. Or maybe I'm hoping for someone to be in the same boat as me! Who knows. Oh well, the turbulent life of my Blackberries go on!
    Is a BB with a nonworking led even worth owning? Especially given all the other shortcomings we put up with. All because we are faithful owners of an underperforming product.
    08-31-11 11:42 PM
    What the ****?

I thought this issue was because I customized my LED lights using BerryBuzz. Wow, RIM you down syndromes fix this nonsense ffs.
    08-31-11 11:44 PM
    I've had this issue with previous BBs too, very frustrating.

Have you gone through every single type of notification in profiles to check that it's not some obscure thing that is triggering the LED? I have a lot of stuff in there completely turned off - like BBM Alerts (different from BBM New Message), Tasks, Calendar etc. Try going through every single item individually and double check anything you don't need is completely turned off, including the LED option in Visual Alerts. Third party apps can add quite a lot of weird notifications in there.
    08-31-11 11:45 PM
    Is a BB with a nonworking led even worth owning? Especially given all the other shortcomings we put up with. All because we are faithful owners of an underperforming product.
    Totally agree. Too much a crackberry to switch, so we all put up with the ****ty product lol.

Btw, the LED works! Just not the way it should work!
    08-31-11 11:46 PM
    I believe what you are saying is that your led is lighting up when it shouldn’t be correct?
    Mine does the same thing. With my tour once you went into a message say txt the led flash would stop flashing once it was opened. Now I have to go in and then out before it stops. If I leave the application open it just flashes. Is that what is happening to you as well?
    09-01-11 12:20 AM
    Well even after my messages are read, the LED will continue to flash for 10 or so minutes. So even if there are new incoming msgs of any sort that activate the flashing, itll stay flashing anyways. Then it'll return to normal and happen again in another hour or so....
    09-01-11 12:25 AM
    Ahh I see. Yeah the old tour did that everyonce in awhile. Are you using berrybuzz?
    09-01-11 12:37 AM
    I had this issue and it was due to Social Scope. It was set to notify on any Twitter updates by default. I set it to replies and DM only. Solved all issues. Your problem is also most likely linked to an app.
    09-01-11 02:08 AM
    This may be obvious but have you checked to be sure the led isn't set to blink when you are in a service area?
    09-01-11 02:33 AM
    I've had this issue with previous BBs too, very frustrating.

Have you gone through every single type of notification in profiles to check that it's not some obscure thing that is triggering the LED? I have a lot of stuff in there completely turned off - like BBM Alerts (different from BBM New Message), Tasks, Calendar etc. Try going through every single item individually and double check anything you don't need is completely turned off, including the LED option in Visual Alerts. Third party apps can add quite a lot of weird notifications in there.
    Interesting JC61. Thats one thing I haven't tried! I will try that. You'd think "PIN, BBM Alert, BBM Message" would essentially be the same thing though huh? Either way, I turned off PIN and Alert. Lets see if it works. Usually The only things I have the LED set to light up in my call Profile is BBM, Whatsapp (new message only, not group), and SMS. Everything else is turned off lol.

No berrybuzz, no weather app, no social scope, no social feeds. The only 3rd party apps I have are FB, The Hockey News, Wikitude (this was happening prior to install of wikitude), quickpull, and six tools. I have double and triple checked all of them to no avail.

And no Anthony, the LED blinking in service area is Green. The usual msg notification flashes red.
    09-01-11 04:25 AM
    Im actually having this problem as well~ my red indicator light was flashing randomly last night, i did a battery pull and fixed it.
    09-01-11 05:20 AM
    WTF? All the shortcomings? Under performing? What a load of crap!
    09-01-11 08:23 AM
    Check all your apps to see if it's a notification. Berry Weather for instance flashes the LED when there's a Weather Advisory. other apps use similar led flashes for their notifications.
    09-01-11 08:24 AM
    What the ****?
    RIM you down syndromes fix this nonsense ffs.
    You Effing MORON!
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-01-11 08:26 AM
    Are you 100% sure that you do not have any unread messages?

The messages folder groups messages with the same title into groups (Threads). I have noticed that I get a new message but when I go into the message folder all are read. But if I click U for unread it will go to a message (thread) where there is an unread message.
    Sorry if you already knew that - just thought it may help

B
    Why does my reply show before the question ?

Am I physic and knew what you were going to ask before you posted your question?
    B
    09-01-11 08:48 AM
    Guys, I tried what JC recommended and to my surprise the flashing went away! Not sure if its pure luck or it really has to do with ALL those different options, but it worked. Wanted to give it a few days before checking in.

But in my opinion, I think its still just a phone issue. Some of you will receive lemons. It just happens (as I have found out with my previous 3 berries. The 9900 is my 5th one in 2 years).

Really hope RIM will start addressing quality very soon. The phone is too awesome to switch just because of small stupid issues
    09-03-11 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD