Alright, so it was Eid yesterday and I got this plasma ball so as you do I plugged it in and put it on my desk next to where I put my PlayBook to charge, then all of a sudden my PlayBook started doing things on it's own accord. At first I thought it was someone controlling it (I don't know) so I picked it up and restarted it and I turned off the plasma ball then all was fine not realising at all. I didn't realise till today this morning when I was messing around with the plasma ball and the PlayBook turned on by itself; it struck me... The plamsa ball was controlling my PlayBook!? I don't think it's damaging to the PlayBook it's just energy waves touching the screen? Anyway have a look at the video below!

08-31-11 06:42 PM
    You are correct.
    08-31-11 06:53 PM
    How interesting... Lol, I wish the BB Bridge was that responsive!
    Wouldn't that be nice to have a device that transmitted our thoughts as codes to control our devices...
    08-31-11 07:27 PM
    Cool! Given this description of how those things work it doesn't seem surprising (in hindsight) that this would happen. The touch screen works by sensing changes in capacitance, using a generated electric field, and you can see those same terms used on the wikipedia page. I don't think I'd want to sleep with a plasma globe near my head, after seeing that and reading about it...
    08-31-11 07:28 PM
    Maybe they could make a pen that could send out these beams so we could control our PlayBook's (or other capacitive touchscreen device) without physically touching it?
    08-31-11 07:36 PM
    And thanks for orchestrating it, too. Like watching a ballet!
    HazAnwar likes this.
    08-31-11 08:15 PM
    It's bc the Playbook has a flux capacitor (model#25LNF00X) and everyone knows that erratic and unstable plasma fields such as the one in your "plasma ball" will cause flux capacitors to function improperly. duh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thedark722 likes this.
    08-31-11 11:19 PM
    and everyone knows that erratic and unstable plasma fields such as the one in your "plasma ball" will cause flux capacitors to function improperly. duh.
    I was thinking the same thing lol
    08-31-11 11:43 PM
    I thought of the other way around. Since our PlayBook has 1GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, PowerVR SGX540 GPU, TI OMAP 4430 chipset with 1GB RAM, it should be the one controlling the plasma ball.
    sopon.r likes this.
    08-31-11 11:56 PM
    something else cool with this.

make a closed circle with this ball, a laptop, and your body, the computer trackpad becomes unresponsive.
    09-01-11 12:01 AM
    I got my playbook to do the same thing when I plugged in my 9900 for charging and put the 9900 on top of the Playbook ( I though it would give them some alone time and let them Bridge in private ). The playbook went nuts. Must have been a current feedback from the steel band of the 9900 to the PB.
    09-02-11 02:44 PM
    Hmm, now I'm beginning to understand why "Airplane Mode" was introduced in the last major update...
    09-02-11 03:17 PM
    i have my pb in the leather folding book case noticed if i lay my storm 2 on top my pb goes all crazy too & opens loads of apps up lol
    09-02-11 07:00 PM
    I'm afraid there was no plasma ball near my office desk. I thought someone was playing a joke on me but I think the PB wanted to just go home for the evening. Have not had any more weirdness since. Hope this was the first and last day of this "Out of PB Body Experience." Love my PB but I guess I was not loving it enough today. Thanks for sharing....
    10-13-11 08:24 PM
    The same thing happened to me but with my iphone!
    01-31-13 01:48 PM
    What age are you living in???

OS 1.0 still...lol
    01-31-13 01:56 PM
    If you look at the first post, this was from way back in the summer of 2011. just an fyi
    01-31-13 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD