Ok here is my problem.
    I have been eyeing the Torch for awhile because my eyes are not so good and I would like a larger screen but love the BB keyboard. I had a 9650 which I liked very much but was sloooow and acting up. I got the 9930 and really love it but now find the 9850 is comming to Big Red.
    For those who have had both the 9930/9900 and old Torch what would you do?

EDIT: just realized 9850 has no keyboard> SORRY!
    Last edited by mrwindow; 08-31-11 at 04:24 PM. Reason: f'd up
    08-31-11 04:20 PM
    Same, same, same exact dilemma I have!!! Just got the 9930 and love it!!! However, my eyes are not so good either and I just really like a bigger screen...BUT I love the keypad.

I have been using the 9930 for the past week and really am happy but the small screennnnnn.......meh

Anyone else?
    09-16-11 02:16 PM
    Read the BGR.com review of the 9850 and you won't want it trust me. I have a 9930 and I think it's an awesome phone.
    DiamondGirl127 likes this.
    09-16-11 02:22 PM
    Yep, I am gonna leave well enough alone....The grass is always greener and all that...

Sticking with the 9930....

Thanks, guys!
    09-16-11 02:33 PM
    I tried the 9850 but the keyboard was just as bad as android if not worse. I love the keyboard on the 9930 and to be honest its the one thing keeping me from going back to android. I lost a lot of useful apps and speed coming back to BB.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 05:49 PM
    I just went through this - choosing between the two.

Definitely the web browsing experience on the 9850 is better. But this keyboard is just too good. And no offense to the 9850 owners, but the 9930 is just a stunning device. I am running around naked with it. And with the phone naked too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 07:27 PM
    Same battle here...I got the 9930 after I swore I'd never get away from full touch because of my eyes. This device is a gem!

09-16-11 07:38 PM
    I spent two weeks on that decision and in fact used both for two weeks. If you turn the keyboard on the 9850 to after typing correction, I found it almost as good as the iPhone. The screen was awesome as was the speed of it, plus I think the camera was better. So what did I go with, the 9900. Why? Really it came down to the following:
    9850- better and bigger screen + better camera+ better viewing of info
    9900- great keyboard + app support

Really enter of text and the speed of doing things like shortcuts is much faster with a dedicated keyboard. Even dialling voice mail for example or navigating through prompts on automated systems is zoo much easier. 2nd and equally important was that most apps get developed for bold size screen, apps that I wanted anyway. Sure, they will get ported eventually, but you want a device that serves your need today right, not tomorrow.

my two cents
    09-16-11 10:36 PM
    same battle - have the 9900 now.

if battery life is bad on 9900 i could only imagine with the same battery and a much larger screen it could nto get better..
    09-16-11 11:37 PM
    I have the 9850 n I'm. Thinking on trading it in for the 9930 because I'm not use to this keyboard n I keep typing the wrong letters n its getting inn my nerves. I had the storm 2 n loved the sure press keyboard , I. Feel like tthis one is to sensative .. I like the big screen but itt takes me forever to type .. Idk I'm confused on what shoud I do

09-19-11 09:32 AM
    I have the 9850 n I'm. Thinking on trading it in for the 9930 because I'm not use to this keyboard n I keep typing the wrong letters n its getting inn my nerves. I had the storm 2 n loved the sure press keyboard , I. Feel like tthis one is to sensative .. I like the big screen but itt takes me forever to type .. Idk I'm confused on what shoud I do

Go get the 9930...I love an all touch too and I also came from S2 (which I loved). But after toying with both and now owning the bold, I know I made the right decision.
    09-19-11 09:38 AM
    Most likley that's what I'm gonna do ... I have to call veizon n see if I can exchange it becaus its only been about a weekk or so

09-19-11 10:57 AM
    I had a S2 and then a 9650. I loved the S2. But after owning a KB BlackBerry I could never go back to a full touch one. Maybe after QNX comes out that will be different. But the current BB os screams for a KB. I never even considered owning a 9850. However I do wish the S2 was as nice as it is.
    09-19-11 11:10 AM
    I wish this 9850 was sure type.like the s2. Then I would say I love this phone. But I keep pressing the wrong buttons when I'm typing n its getting me aggravated

09-19-11 01:43 PM
    I wish this 9850 was sure type.like the s2. Then I would say I love this phone. But I keep pressing the wrong buttons when I'm typing n its getting me aggravated

Hardly anybody would buy it if it was suretype. Suretype is too polarized, which makes it nothing but a huge risk.
    09-19-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD