GUYS
    Sometime we blame the device, but the device can't be perfect if your carrier lacks of consistency , drop signals, calls etc. I have rogers in Canada as much as I hate them they still way better than the competition, I have the new 9810, previously I had 9800, 9700 and never I encounter any issues with those phones.

My two cents
    08-31-11 04:20 AM
    I had the first torch (9800) and was so excited to switch to the 9810 hoping it would run faster. I got SO frustrated with my 9800 because it would keep freezing or take forever to do anything.
    I purchased my 9810 the day it came out on at&t, last sunday. It was okay at first but I've noticed it's slowly starting to lag and sometimes when I flip it open, it FREEZES for a minute or two!! or I see the clock thing ticking...trying to process. SO FRUSTRATING! Sometimes even when i exit out of applications and try to click on bbm or any other app, it takes a few seconds to actually open...

this is so disappointing because I upgraded thinking the new OS7 would be a lot better/faster!!

I've had the phone for less than 2 weeks and don't have many apps on it (since so many apps aren't available for OS7 yet). Anyone have a clue why my phone may be lagging and freezing so frequently? and if there's anything I could do?

I've been a loyal BB fan for years now...starting from my curve 8310 years ago. But after my last 9800 Torch....I've really started to contemplate switching to a Droid or Iphone (ahhh! I've been anti-iphone for so long). It's just a thought for now, but if this 9810 keeps lagging like this....I may return it and switch.
    08-31-11 10:52 AM
    You may have a problem with an app that you have had on both phones, since you experienced the lag and freezing on both. Another possibility is your sd card. Did you keep an old card when you went to the 9800 and then use that same card in the 9810?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 10:57 AM
    You may have a problem with an app that you have had on both phones, since you experienced the lag and freezing on both. Another possibility is your sd card. Did you keep an old card when you went to the 9800 and then use that same card in the 9810?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    hmmm, i'm not sure if it's an app or not...but yes, I'm using the same 8GB sd card from my old phone since everything is saved on there already.
    would the memory card make the phone lag/freeze though? i thought it would more likely be a problem with the OS or apps....but i'm no genius.

oh, and my memory card isn't full or anything. here's my storage info from my phone:

application storage - free space: 59.0 MB
    built-in media storage - total space: 6.2 GB free space: 6.2 GB
    media card storage - total space: 7.3 GB free space: 4.3 GB

maybe I should go through the files on my memory card and delete anything I don't need.
    08-31-11 11:08 AM
    The 9810 is lightening fast! I agree with above poster that you either have a bad app causing problems, a bad SD card, or even a bad SIM card.
    I'd first make sure that you didn't transfer over or download an incompatible app, and then I'd check the SD card and the SIM.
    If all else fails, take it back to the store and get a new one. But this phone is not slow at all!
    08-31-11 11:13 AM
    oh, and my memory card isn't full or anything. here's my storage info from my phone:

application storage - free space: 59.0 MB
    built-in media storage - total space: 6.2 GB free space: 6.2 GB
    media card storage - total space: 7.3 GB free space: 4.3 GB

maybe I should go through the files on my memory card and delete anything I don't need.
    There's your problem right there. If you don't have many apps, your application storage should be AT LEAST 100MB higher -- unless you haven't rebooted since you got the device. Looks like you just need to do a reboot.
    08-31-11 11:18 AM
    GUYS
    Sometime we blame the device, but the device can't be perfect if your carrier lacks of consistency , drop signals, calls etc. I have rogers in Canada as much as I hate them they still way better than the competition, I have the new 9810, previously I had 9800, 9700 and never I encounter any issues with those phones.

My two cents
    How could you post long after the OP, get your reply put at the top, and with a time stamp seven hours earlier than the actual posting time to boot???
    08-31-11 11:24 AM
    No clue buddy it just happened !!!
    08-31-11 11:26 AM
    The 9810 is lightening fast! I agree with above poster that you either have a bad app causing problems, a bad SD card, or even a bad SIM card.
    I'd first make sure that you didn't transfer over or download an incompatible app, and then I'd check the SD card and the SIM.
    If all else fails, take it back to the store and get a new one. But this phone is not slow at all!
    it's not slow when it's acting normal! haha but maybe I should just do a clean sweep of the phone because i did the phone transfer from bb desktop and i'm afraid some of the junk may have transfered over.

i did have the same SIM card for several years now, i'll have to check on that. thanks!!
    08-31-11 11:34 AM
    No clue buddy it just happened !!!
    You're BATMAN!!!
    08-31-11 11:39 AM
    There's your problem right there. If you don't have many apps, your application storage should be AT LEAST 100MB higher -- unless you haven't rebooted since you got the device. Looks like you just need to do a reboot.
    strange! b/c i've rebooted many times since i got the phone (after installing apps from bb app world and such). I just rebooted like you suggested and the free space for application storage is now 205.7MB...significantly different, thanks for the advice!!

is there a reason why my app storage free space was so low? i don't wanna have to reboot everyday just so my phone doesn't lag/freeze on me..
    08-31-11 11:40 AM
    strange! b/c i've rebooted many times since i got the phone (after installing apps from bb app world and such). I just rebooted like you suggested and the free space for application storage is now 205.7MB...significantly different, thanks for the advice!!

is there a reason why my app storage free space was so low? i don't wanna have to reboot everyday just so my phone doesn't lag/freeze on me..
    It's hard to say since the device is so new. If you've been using a lot of different apps, or using certain kinds of apps a lot -- or perhaps even frequently using one really noxious app memory wise -- that might account for it.
    08-31-11 11:52 AM
    it's not slow when it's acting normal! haha but maybe I should just do a clean sweep of the phone because i did the phone transfer from bb desktop and i'm afraid some of the junk may have transfered over.

i did have the same SIM card for several years now, i'll have to check on that. thanks!!
    During your transfer a corrupted file might have cause the problem.
    08-31-11 03:52 PM
    Same problem with my 9810. It's so much more sluggish than my 9800!! If you figure out what app was the issue, let me know. I think it might be Google Maps, but I can't be certain.
    10-12-11 03:52 PM
    Same problem with my 9810. It's so much more sluggish than my 9800!! If you figure out what app was the issue, let me know. I think it might be Google Maps, but I can't be certain.
    its always the last app you installed after it stated messing up
    10-12-11 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD