i had to leave T-Mobile against my will.... (long, sad story)

anyways i live in NYC but am away on business in Maryland and I picked up new service with a 9810 from at&t. i really didn't want to but i don't like sprint and i couldn't do verizon because i already have something else with them...

anyways, at&t's network and the H+ has been absolutely AMAZING here.

How is it in NY? i know the iphone service is terrible in NY but how is the H+ with blackberry and RIMs servers? data and voice...
    08-30-11 06:08 PM
    I have the torch, and my wife has the inspire 4G, as you know my torch doesn't do "4G". My wife 4G, does duh! Lol. Anyways when we go out to the city the service between my and her phone is nothing. If I'm on edge or no signal she is also. Slight minor things such as her phone will display 5 bars as mine is only 4 occur also but speed wise hers is a bit faster. Not by much but enough that is noticeable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    arickinreallife likes this.
    08-31-11 08:43 AM
    Your experience in concrete canyons may vary with the direction of the wind. Visit and test it before committing to a permanent relocation.

You inspect a property before signing a lease. You at least look a car over before buying it, perhaps test-driving it.
    08-31-11 02:46 PM
    Your experience in concrete canyons may vary with the direction of the wind. Visit and test it before committing to a permanent relocation.

You inspect a property before signing a lease. You at least look a car over before buying it, perhaps test-driving it.
    Excellent advice. Makes a lot of sense. Hopefully OP reads that.

08-31-11 02:49 PM
    I had no problems in nyc, before my 9810 I had 9800 and 9700, and also an iphone 4. 9810 works very well and very suprised on the speed. Call quality is about the same, but little better, maybe the equipment or the network?? Or both?? Who knows.

You have 30 days, try it out and see if it works for you

08-31-11 05:45 PM
    I live in Manhattan, I am away on business and had to pick up new service and device while away--- i'm wondering how peoples feelings are on the service because i've never heard anything good about at&t especially pertaining to iphones i was wondering if the experience was different with iphones

thanks for everyones input
    08-31-11 09:38 PM
    30 day return policy, 48 hours if you want your activation fee waived.
    09-01-11 01:34 AM
    you will be fine with your 9810 in manhattan.h+ will be ok as well.iphones are known for their notorious dropped calls around the city.bb's don't get that many if they do.
    arickinreallife likes this.
    09-02-11 09:01 PM
    iPhone service is great in NYC! I work on 42nd, time sq. My torch was even better here. As for HSPA+, my atrix performed well from what I can remember.
    09-02-11 10:21 PM
    I have a 9990 on AT&T and have had very good service around the city (live in Queens, work in Brooklyn & Washington Heights but drive extensively for work)
    10-05-11 03:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD