While browsing google I searched for any info the 9850 going to vzw and I found this ......after clicking the link on google on my playbook, it directed me to bb appworld which is the second picture..and states this app is for vzw ONLY. Any opinions?
    TommyBB and tkresge like this.
    08-30-11 12:57 PM
    pretty good find!
    tkresge likes this.
    08-30-11 01:11 PM
    While browsing google I searched for any info the 9850 going to vzw and I found this ......after clicking the link on google on my playbook, it directed me to bb appworld which is the second picture..and states this app is for vzw ONLY. Any opinions?
    Yea that is yet another clue in solving the vzw torch mystery.

Remember the good ole' days when companies advertised their products, informed the consumers at large of upcoming features and devices and so forth?

Wow what times we r living in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mustangv8 likes this.
    08-30-11 02:30 PM
    Yea that is yet another clue in solving the vzw torch mystery.

Remember the good ole' days when companies advertised their products, informed the consumers at large of upcoming features and devices and so forth?

Wow what times we r living in.

Nothing to do with the times. Verizon rarely advertises for phones before they're released. Other than getting the iSheep, I can't think of a phone they've touted before it dropped. Even the Thunderbolt wasn't hyped up much IMO until after it dropped. Now in every Vzw commercial it's TB this and TB that.
    08-30-11 02:45 PM
    Hold it. I thought it was well established that Verizon was getting the no-keyboard Torch. right?

While the slider torch sounds fantastic, I'm having trouble understanding why there is even one buyer interested in a slab phone blackberry.
    08-30-11 04:34 PM
    On Aug 28, 2011, in a thread named "Verizon!!!! Yes!!!!!! "

Haven't seen this posted yet...this was in the "Newest Items" listing of App World.
    Free VZW DeviceShowcase Torch 9850 - Download VZW DeviceShowcase Torch 9850 - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    08-30-11 04:48 PM
    I'm reading in other places that VZW is going to get the Torch 2- is that the one with the physical slide out keyboard and if so this is different than that.... correct?
    08-30-11 04:55 PM
    The Torch 9850/60 is an all touch screen phone with no slide out keyboard, made for both GSM and CDMA networks. The Torch 2 (a.k.a the torch 9810) is the blackberry with both the touch screen and slide out keyboard. The torch 2 only runs on GSM networks, and Verizon is a CDMA, so there is no way that Verizon could be getting this phone.

I don't know where all the confusion is coming from, but just to clear it up, Verizon will be getting the full touch with no slide out keyboard.
    08-30-11 05:02 PM
    I'm reading in other places that VZW is going to get the Torch 2- is that the one with the physical slide out keyboard and if so this is different than that.... correct?
    If you go to the blackberry web site,
    BlackBerry - Torch 9800 Slider Phone - New BlackBerry Torch Touch Screen Phones
    ( check under 'Carrier network' )

you will see that the torch with physical keyboard ( 9800 and 9810 ) are GSM only. So these can not work on Verizon's network.

So the Torch2 with physical keyboard will NOT be available on Verizon.
    08-30-11 05:02 PM
    The Torch 2 is the 9810 slider, which is a GSM BB only on AT&T(in the US). Verizon is getting the Torch 9850, which is an all touchscreen device.
    08-30-11 05:03 PM
    I don't know where all the confusion is coming from, but just to clear it up, Verizon will be getting the full touch with no slide out keyboard.
    It's really RIM's fault. I don't know why the 9850/60 is listed as a Torch. It should have been a Storm or else found a new name for their line of line of all-touchscreen devices.
    08-30-11 05:07 PM
    Guys I posted over a month ago it will be available for verizon. My test model is verizon branded.
    Last edited by iwork4rim; 08-30-11 at 05:30 PM.
    08-30-11 05:27 PM
    http://pbr84.photobucket.com/albums/...MDA1LmpwZw.jpg

TommyBB, bmmcpeek and kb5zht like this.
    08-30-11 05:33 PM
    Guys I posted over a month ago it will be available for verizon. My test model is verizon branded.
    Are you saying that the Torch 2 or 9810 (or something similar) will be available for Verizon??

This article says it will have a horizontal keyboard BlackBerry to unveil Torch 2 smartphone | Tech Know Bits

Sorry for any confusion-my contract is up and I'm trying to figure out what is my next phone
    08-30-11 05:42 PM
    For what its worth a buddy of mine who works for Verizon just sent a text and said the he just received training on both the Torch 2 (9850) and Droid Bionic. He said they did not give a release date.
    08-30-11 05:42 PM
    Are you saying that the Torch 2 or 9810 (or something similar) will be available for Verizon??

This article says it will have a horizontal keyboard BlackBerry to unveil Torch 2 smartphone | Tech Know Bits

Sorry for any confusion-my contract is up and I'm trying to figure out what is my next phone
    What I'm saying is the 9850 (all touch screen) torch will be available for verizon. I posted a pic in the thread

08-30-11 10:50 PM
    Why is there such a delay with VZW releasing the 9850? Are they still trying to decide what OS will come on it etc?
    08-31-11 06:18 AM
    Why is there such a delay with VZW releasing the 9850? Are they still trying to decide what OS will come on it etc?
    The delay is verizon. I have 46,000 of them ready to be distributed. Just waiting on verizon. They won't say what the delay is.

StaticFX and Lumasmom like this.
    08-31-11 07:22 AM
    The delay is verizon. I have 46,000 of them ready to be distributed. Just waiting on verizon. They won't say what the delay is.

wait.. you have 46K to send out TO VERIZON? so, they dont even have them yet?? Or, is it 46k MORE to send out?

If VZ doesnt have them yet, you can forget Sept 1st as a release date..
    08-31-11 07:37 AM
    If VZ doesnt have them yet, you can forget Sept 1st as a release date..
    Somewhere on here I read that a person was told Sept. 8th as "online date" and 15th as "in-store date"....kinda bummed me out too.
    08-31-11 07:48 AM
    Really hope it's the 8th. Been waiting so long for this phone.
    08-31-11 08:50 AM
    this is getting freaking ridiculous. what's the delay with vzn? are they that inept now??
    08-31-11 09:07 AM
    Nothing to do with the times. Verizon rarely advertises for phones before they're released.
    They advertise bb's frequently before release. The Storm 1 was heavily advertised.

http://pbr84.photobucket.com/albums/...MDA1LmpwZw.jpg
    ah, i see the "visual voice mail" icon... well unless i am mistaken that is a verizon app... woot woot!
    Last edited by kb5zht; 08-31-11 at 09:48 AM.
    08-31-11 09:44 AM
    They advertise bb's frequently before release. The Storm 1 was heavily advertised.
    Guess they learned their lesson
    08-31-11 09:52 AM
    Tweet from @BerryInformed

OSBB, BerryInformed RT "@BlkScorp33: Torch 9850 VZW release 9/8 direct fulfillment 9/15 available in stores. Torch 9850 VZW release 9/8 direct fulfillment 9/15 available ... on Twitpic
    NobleSix likes this.
    08-31-11 10:46 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD