Hi,

The other day I scrolled back through my older text messages looking for something and I have noticed that all the older messages have been deleted. You can see that there was a message on a specific date, from a specific person, at a specific time but when you open the conversation it is empty. Where there used to be a white "word bubble" (if you will) there is now a green one with a little pencil. And it seems to be updating daily, as in, messages that had white bubbles that I could read a few days ago, now have the green bubble and are empty.

Any ideas as to what is going on and why? And is there any way to recover the older messages?

(I'm not very technology savvy.)

Hope this isn't too confusing and hopefully someone can help!
    08-30-11 11:02 AM
    Hey there, nt sure which BB you hv but if you hvtoo many messages and/or too many numbers listed in your call logs....your memory may be low. Just delete wat you don't need. I'd also check the number of cookies n my browser which is like hvin a new BB . Hope this helps^
    08-30-11 11:27 AM
    Hey there, nt sure which BB you hv but if you hvtoo many messages and/or too many numbers listed in your call logs....your memory may be low. Just delete wat you don't need. I'd also check the number of cookies n my browser which is like hvin a new BB . Hope this helps^
    I have the BB Bold 9780... I'm not sure if this is the problem, as I don't have a lot stored on my phone. I used to have a curve and I was able to keep messages for 2 years with no problems, but I have only had this phone for a few months. Also, if all traces of the messages were gone, I could believe this to be the case. But I can still see that I got a message from "Bob" on July 29th at 1:39 pm, but when I open the convo there is nothing there.

Thanks for trying though
    08-30-11 11:39 AM
    I have the BB Bold 9780... I'm not sure if this is the problem, as I don't have a lot stored on my phone. I used to have a curve and I was able to keep messages for 2 years with no problems, but I have only had this phone for a few months. Also, if all traces of the messages were gone, I could believe this to be the case. But I can still see that I got a message from "Bob" on July 29th at 1:39 pm, but when I open the convo there is nothing there.

Thanks for trying though
    I'm having a similar issue, and was wondering myself if anyone else has found a fix.
    08-31-11 10:11 PM
    You might also have your device set to delete messages after a certain time period. You can change this setting in the Messages options.
    09-01-11 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD