So those of you who have upgraded and previously had the android player are the latest improvements (apps working through bridge) worth it ? Or should i stay with my old faithful ? Because without a wifi connection most android apps aren't that useful unless its a game.
    08-30-11 09:16 AM
    Since the OS update my Android player has stopped working. I imagine a re-install could fix it but I've not really found anything usefull enough with the player to warrant the time and effort.

What we need is the official release...and a full range of app availability!!!!

Come on RIM. I'm seriously considering trading my Playbook in....why oh why do we accept �500 hardware with less functionality and apps than a �200 android tablet?
    08-30-11 01:00 PM
    I personally chose to stay put until RIM gets a version WITH Android Player working. Without the Android apps the PB is of little value to me. Who knows maybe this Mozilla Previews Its New Tablet Web Browser will come out before before the player comes out and we'll finally have a way of spoofing our platforms.
    08-30-11 01:14 PM
    I chose not to install the upgrade as well. I am using the APlayer far too much for me to lose it.
    08-30-11 01:18 PM
    I too skipped the update, Android Player is a cool thing to have. If something awesome or something big comes with the next update ill upgrade.
    08-30-11 01:30 PM
    I'm going to say that the new Bridge ablities are well worth losing the App Player, For now anyway.
    sliders7 likes this.
    08-30-11 02:09 PM
    I did the update before I learned that it would kill the leaked Android. Much as I appreciate the new bridge capabilities, I would have waited had I known.
    08-30-11 02:18 PM
    Frankly, I can't imagine anyone scared to lose the leaked Android Player unless it has an App they desperately need. That thing is so cumbersome and "Alpha". I don't miss it at all, but I never "needed" an App that it provided.

Or just for the sake of showing someone, "Hey, I have Android 2.3.3 running on here!". That's only cool until you finish the sentence though...

Its a pretty simple decision really.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 02:24 PM
    To me the update was well worth it. No contest. My BES implementation did not use MDS, so I didn't even have bridge browser before. Now I have a 3G PlayBook. Massively increased the usefulness of the tablet when I travel. I only used the Android player for Kindle, and Cloud Reader accomplishes that for me. No real loss.

That being said, If I didn't have a BlackBerry phone, I'd be royally pi**ed.
    08-30-11 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD