Another app (along with Pandora) that I desperatly need for my new shiney Torch!
    08-30-11 09:12 AM
    OK.. my bad.. I was able to download it again from Amazon. For some reason it didn't transfer from my 9800. But still no Pandora!
    08-30-11 09:16 AM
    please post the link to the Kindle app. I'm not getting it.
    08-30-11 09:41 AM
    you mean Amazon Kindle app works on BBOS7?
    08-30-11 10:21 AM
    Yup. Go to amazon.com on your BB, click on the front and center link that says "Get Amazon Apps for BlackBerry," and click the Kindle App icon/link.
    08-30-11 10:31 AM
    Works great! One of the first things I downloaded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 10:54 AM
    when I go to amazon.com on my BB and click on the app to download, it says my device (9930) is not supported for either the kindle or amazon app...
    08-30-11 11:21 AM
    Not the reader, but you can order books. I got a Kindle for my wife last week, installed the app to my phone, but it isn't a reader. It allows you to order for the Kindle, not your phone. Also, ordering from a Kindle offers much less expensive versions of books. I installed Kindle for Blackberry, spent five minutes with it then dropped it. YMMBD.
    It is indeed the reader app, and you can download books into it and read them much as you would on a Kindle device. I'm not sure what you downloaded, but if it only allows you to order books for a Kindle device, it wasn't the actual Kindle for BlackBerry app.

when I go to amazon.com on my BB and click on the app to download, it says my device (9930) is not supported for either the kindle or amazon app...
    Interesting. When you go to the Kindle for BB page on your PC, Amazon doesn't mention the app as being available for the 9810 either, but I suspect it's because it's close enough to the 9800 that there's no problem downloading it to the 9810.
    08-30-11 11:38 AM
    08-30-11 12:15 PM
    I have the Kindle app for Android. It is awesome! For 5 months I Have been getting the free books available at Amazon. Kindle is one of my favorite apps!
    08-30-11 12:36 PM
    I can confirm the Kindle reader works on the 9810.
    08-30-11 04:23 PM
    The Kindle app runs on my 9810 but doesn't open any books, whether free or pay. Jusr gives me the error telling me to delete and redownload the books. I've done that and tried deleting and reinstalling the app like 10 times already.
    08-31-11 10:21 AM
    I feel stupid know, I had apparently never signed out and back in after I transferred my setting from the 9300...Did that and everyhting works fine
    branflakes likes this.
    08-31-11 10:32 AM
    Yup. Go to amazon.com on your BB, click on the front and center link that says "Get Amazon Apps for BlackBerry," and click the Kindle App icon/link.
    Confirmed by Amazon tech support--the Kindle reader app is not supported yet on the 9810. It may work on your device, but they don't warrant that it will, and won't help you if it doesn't. It installs on mine (AT&T 7.0.0.261) and my books all show up, but when I click on any book, "Downloading to Home" comes up and stays there, without ever writing any data to the local store.

It may be the luck of the draw if you are running it sucessfully, but anyone else trying is on their own according to Amazon until they release an update.
    09-14-11 08:29 AM
    Confirmed by Amazon tech support--the Kindle reader app is not supported yet on the 9810. It may work on your device, but they don't warrant that it will, and won't help you if it doesn't. It installs on mine (AT&T 7.0.0.261) and my books all show up, but when I click on any book, "Downloading to Home" comes up and stays there, without ever writing any data to the local store.

It may be the luck of the draw if you are running it sucessfully, but anyone else trying is on their own according to Amazon until they release an update.
    Or perhaps your problem is just the (bad) luck of the draw for you -- mine works flawlessly when downloading a book. Love it on the 9810 with the higher res!
    09-14-11 08:36 AM
    Or perhaps your problem is just the (bad) luck of the draw for you -- mine works flawlessly when downloading a book. Love it on the 9810 with the higher res!
    That's right--rub it in....
    09-14-11 08:50 AM
    I am looking for a good app to read ebooks that I already own, and/or pdf's on my blackberry torch 9810. Is this a via-able option, or with this are we only able to read those books that we have purchased from Amazon. If so, it is still a good app, but I am looking for something that will let me load ebooks up onto the phone and read them..
    10-05-11 10:11 PM
    The kindle app will handle ebooks downloaded from Amazon, of course, but will also work with Project Gutenberg ebooks downloaded from the PG web site in kindle format and saved to the /kindle/ebooks directory on your storage card or internal storage. So far it has worked well. I got the invalid book message for a couple of books, but removed them and re-downloaded them from the archive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD