So, I got my 9850 and the battery was about half charged which I think is normal? So, when I go to bed I plug it in over night. The next day, it almost died within 8 hours. I didn't use it more than my old phone. I end up having to recharge it at least 2 times a day now. Whereas, I only had to charge my Curve and Tour at bed time. I think I have everything set as low as possible for energy saving, but are there any other tips out there? Or, do I just have a bad battery? Or, is this the way the 9850 is going to be?

08-29-11 04:47 PM
    Battery always comes with a factory charge. Could be a defective battery but just like the 9900, it will not have the greatest battery life.. . There might be a OS upgrade that will help coming out but will definately not fix this ..Resolution of the screen is high so it kills the battery life..
    08-29-11 05:16 PM
    Either you have it set for global signal, you have a bad battery or you have terrible signal. That kind of battery is not normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 06:15 PM
    Take it back and get a better one, that doesn't seem normal for how long you are charging it every night.
    08-29-11 07:06 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my torch. After about 3 five min phone calls and 10 text with some web searching the phone is dead and I have to plug it in. I've changed some sittings and it still didn't help. I've been trying to get a new battery or new phone to find if the phone is going to be this way or if its a bad phone or battery. The problem I'm having is no one has the battery in stock. Also no one has the phone in stock for me to switch to. Thank god I purchased the best buy warranty/insurance plan

08-29-11 08:56 PM
    I know someone with the 9900 and they had average battery life (around 8 hours) under a little more than medium use, he still uses the phone for the same things every day and the battery seems to be lasting an extra 4 hours. BUT he said it started getting better around the time he uninstalled an app that may have been running in the background. Do you have any apps installed?
    08-29-11 09:37 PM
    If its set on global signal what do u switch it to then. I have downloaded some apps but I always checks to see if apps r running that I forgot about. I only have the five apps that always run u can't turn off IE the phone,home page,bbm messager,messges. And browser.

08-30-11 10:32 AM
    Also if I have the phone running off my home wifi will that kill the battery life. I have turned the wifi off and left it running a couple of days and didn't notice a different.

08-30-11 10:37 AM
    I get about one days use out of mine. I always have bluetooth on and occasionally use wifi. Yesterday I talked about 2 hours, sent numerous texts and watched some youtube videos. I can probably get a solid 12 hours on a charge but will be getting one or two extra batteries when i can get a good price on them.
    08-30-11 11:23 AM
    Check all of your apps that update feeds (Facebook, rss, twitter, etc). If you switch the feeds to update manually or when the app is opened, that will save you a lot of battery. I don't have this phone yet, but it helped my 9700 and 9800. I gained a few mores hours. If I remember correctly, facebook is set to update every fifteen minutes. That's a lot of use in the background.
    italirican2003 likes this.
    08-30-11 01:29 PM
    I don't us Facebook at all, I don't have an account. But for fun I set up a twitter account just to check it out. I will change the settings on that. But what about the globle setting for the internet. Can anyone tell me what to set it to there r three chocies.

08-30-11 02:49 PM
    I deleted both facebook and twitter apps, I will see what happeneds.

08-30-11 04:21 PM
    I don't us Facebook at all, I don't have an account. But for fun I set up a twitter account just to check it out. I will change the settings on that. But what about the globle setting for the internet. Can anyone tell me what to set it to there r three chocies.
    Settings/Mobile Network/Network Technology/1XEV <-what you should choose.
    08-30-11 04:31 PM
    Settings/Mobile Network/Network Technology/1XEV <-what you should choose.
    Right. If you chose "Global", then it will try GSM if for any reason it cannot find a CDMA network. But there are no GSM networks in North America that the VZW-provided SIM will accept, so allowing it to search GSM is a bit pointless.
    DLEII and italirican2003 like this.
    08-30-11 04:37 PM
    I have the brightness for the screen set at 30 and always have all programs closed, and still have battery issues. Anyone else experiencing memory leaks? The memory drains almost as fast as the battery!
    08-30-11 06:48 PM
    I turned "Location" off, changed FB and Twitter to refresh every hour. Seems to be helping. Thanks, everyone!
    09-01-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD