I just called ATT online and after one hour speaking to customer service and mgr, I was able to get the 9810 for the upgrade eligible price of $49.99...I wasnt due for upgrade til Jan 2012...Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-29-11 03:17 PM
    Congrats! Enjoy!
    08-29-11 03:21 PM
    I've heard alot of great reviews on it..how's yours working out branflakdes?
    08-29-11 03:23 PM
    I just called ATT online and after one hour speaking to customer service and mgr, I was able to get the 9810 for the upgrade eligible price of $49.99...I wasnt due for upgrade til Jan 2012...Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Would you call for me? Everytime I talk to them they say I have to talk to a store manager. When I go to the store they say it can only be done when CS puts a note in the computer for the customer to say its okay with Customer Service. Next time I call 611, I am going to share what CS and the Store say and see if someone will open it up for me.

Edit: CS they can allow early upgrade with no fee if within 30 days. They put a note in file. On Sept 15th I am going to get me a Torch 2!!
    Last edited by newcollector; 08-29-11 at 04:12 PM.
    08-29-11 03:23 PM
    Just have to be persistent-In fact i called 3-4 diff times and got rep that took care of me..
    08-29-11 03:27 PM
    I had the old Torch1 and I like it. The new Torch is everything you could want. Big full screen, super fast, with an awesome keyboard. Wow! $49.99 is just awesome.

The new screen resolution is 640x480 vs. the old model 480X360! The old screen was quite nice and this one is 50% better! It comes with 8GB internal memory and a 4GD micro SD card too. Just awesome.
    08-29-11 03:43 PM
    Upgraded my 9800 to the 9810 last week. Love it, but beware: *many* of your apps will not transfer to the new Torch. Most I didn't care too much about. But two of them, Pandora and Ascendo Datavault, I really miss. Both vendors are aware of the problem, but neither is giving an estimate of a fix date.
    08-29-11 04:07 PM
    It won't be long till the apps are upgraded for the OS7. I believe all mine will still work. My one concern is that the theme I love SuperTilt by slgta is only set up for OS6. Maybe by the time I can early upgrade RIM will release the OS7 Theme builder and I will be able to have my cake and eat it, too! A super fast phone, great screen resolution, HD video recording, and super productive bug free theme! Come to think of it, that is not having my cake and eating it too; that is having a smorgasboard of delight!!
    08-29-11 04:18 PM
    Can anyone please confirm the following apps work on OS7? Poynt, CNN, Bloomberg Mobile, Linked In, BeWeather, Ebay, Pandora (issues), QuickPull, and Patternlock. Games..Texas hold em,
    08-29-11 04:35 PM
    I know Poynt will work on OS7.
    08-29-11 04:54 PM
    Does it ship with 4gb SD card like 9800?
    08-29-11 05:26 PM
    I didn't get any SD card with mine. Bought a 32g on Amazon!
    08-29-11 05:41 PM
    Can anyone please confirm the following apps work on OS7? Poynt, CNN, Bloomberg Mobile, Linked In, BeWeather, Ebay, Pandora (issues), QuickPull, and Patternlock. Games..Texas hold em,
    Poynt-check
    CNN-dunno
    Bloomberg-dunno
    LinkedIn-nope
    BeWeather-check
    Ebay-nope
    Pandora-dunno
    QP-dunno
    PL-nope. I got the Storm version till the orig. is updated
    Texas Hold'um-dunno

Some that I need or use on a regular basis don't work but should "soon" (I'm told)
    Hope this helps!
    For what it's worth.....don't let this stop you. Upgrade now.
    This thing SMOKES!!!!
    08-29-11 05:54 PM
    I've heard alot of great reviews on it..how's yours working out branflakdes?
    LOVING it. So much better than the 9800, which I really liked a lot. Still want some key apps to update (PatternLock!), but am enjoying the improved experience.

Well worth the $50 upgrade.
    08-29-11 05:56 PM
    Does it ship with 4gb SD card like 9800?
    No SD card included. I'm using my previous 4GB SD card from the 9800.
    08-29-11 05:57 PM
    Thanks for the updates..and no it didnt stop me from upgrading as im waiting confirmation order from ATT.
    08-29-11 06:07 PM
    Thank you for posting this, I was able to order a white 9810 online for $49 also (my upgrade was due in 3 weeks so maybe it's not that generous, but still!).
    08-29-11 06:26 PM
    Thanks for the updates and now im just waiting for 9810 to arrive.
    08-29-11 06:32 PM
    Got one today since 9900 isn't coming out for quite some time on AT&T. Very impressed thus far. Taking some time to learn to type on the keyboard. Fast and responsive.
    08-29-11 07:00 PM
    looking at my paperwork from my upgrade to the 9800 last year. like you, i was within 6 months of my upgrade eligibility but believe the upgrade included a $75 upgrade fee. you managed to do this for just the $49 purchase price with a new 2 year commitiment?

curious.
    08-29-11 07:38 PM
    That's correct..no upgrade fees and I just paid the $10 shipping fee.

If you really can't wait, just keep calling them and try to get an ATT rep called Andrea T. Dont mention that i refer you to her otherwise they may not even do it. If she/they hestitate tell them to check with their Mgr..that's what i did and it worked..Actually, the first time they wanted to charge me $370, second time $166 and got it after third call for $49.99..I guess third time is a charm.
    08-29-11 07:46 PM
    Lucky, I was pretty much told to shove it by the rep and supervisor even though the rep at the store initially told me they could do it.

Well that and I was never told your upgrades don't carry over when you sign a new contract.
    08-29-11 07:57 PM
    Poynt-check
    CNN-dunno
    Bloomberg-dunno�yes
    LinkedIn-nope
    BeWeather-check
    Ebay-nope�works for the most part, can't enlarge immage though
    Pandora-dunno�no
    QP-dunno�nope, error 605 uncaught exeption
    PL-nope. I got the Storm version till the orig. is updated
    Texas Hold'um-dunno

Some that I need or use on a regular basis don't work but should "soon" (I'm told)
    Hope this helps!
    For what it's worth.....don't let this stop you. Upgrade now.
    This thing SMOKES!!!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 10:17 PM
    I called twice and got an early upgrade on the second try. Our account is with Enterprise Solutions because my wife works for Blue Cross and we get a smoking deal. I got mine for 50% off and no activation fee, and today they sent me a coupon for 50% up to 3 accessories to use in store. I have never had a single complaint with AT&T Customers Service and I'll always be with them until something changes in that area.
    08-29-11 10:30 PM
    It shows $49.99 on the premier website and by the way AT&T offers an early upgrade after 18 months (if your account is in good standing), so this deal is most likely for everyone, no?

Man, for $50 bucks - how can I say no? Especially since AT&T isn't getting the 9900until November (supposedly) and I've got an upgrade to burn. So I can get the 9810 now and then maybe use my 2nd upgrade on a QNX device (due out end of this year or 1st quarter of 2012). The 9810 seems like a REALLY GOOD "stop-gap" for me. This has Auto Focus camera, right?

Also, can anyone confirm if the 9810 has the following apps working on 7OS...

DocumentsToGo (the Premier Edition, I'm assuming this comes preinstalled like the 9900?)
    QuickLaunch
    BerryBuzz
    Wall Street Journal
    Dictionary.com
    Dropbox
    Bank of America
    08-29-11 11:43 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD