I have been using the 9900 since a week now, I love the phone. However last night there was no sound in outgoing calls and the called party also could not hear me. I removed the battery and started the phone again and the sound came back and everything is normal. Now today is the last day I can return the phone and get a new one in exchange. Was this no sound problem a hardware fault ? Should I return the phone and exchange for a new one. Would really appreciate all advice as if the fault recurs again they will only repair it after today. Thanks in advance
    08-28-11 11:36 PM
    are you connected to pc at that time?
    are you in bedside mode?
    do you choose to run your ringtones with memory card?
    is your ringtones in flac format?

if you say no to all this then you should change your device.
    08-28-11 11:55 PM
    I was out shopping and had just made a call. Then when i tried to make the next call this problem occured. I removed the battery and reset the phone and everything was normal. The answer to all your problems is no. In one weeks use this problem has occured only once.
    08-29-11 01:50 AM
    I had the same issue. 4 times . 4th time is the one after a clean wipe too.
    Thinking of a replacement. Kindly advice someone. the complete sound goess off . and had to reset or pull battery out. Hoping an upgrade should work or Replacement :/
    09-13-11 07:09 AM
    I had the same issue. 4 times . 4th time is the one after a clean wipe too.
    Thinking of a replacement. Kindly advice someone. the complete sound goess off . and had to reset or pull battery out. Hoping an upgrade should work or Replacement :/
    I got mine replaced. Blackberry tech say that if u do a device switch using BB desktop manager, depending on the device from which u are switching (in my case Torch), this may happen. They advised to restore each item like Contacts, emails etc individually and not do a device switch between Os6 and Os7. I dont know how far this is correct as havent started using the new 9900 after it was replaced.
    09-13-11 07:50 AM
    I did a Full back up/Restore from my 9780 using DM. this in mind i did a Wipe again for 9900 and it again showed this audio issue once yesterday night.
    09-14-11 01:28 AM
    did u use your headset recently?

are u sure the mute button is not pressed?
    09-14-11 02:09 AM
    The complete Audio of the phone doesnt work. Incoming /Outgoing calls- Ringtones, Video doesnt work, Music doesnt play. Nothing to do with Mute or headset.
    09-14-11 02:24 AM
    did you try a wipe ( or even better, a full os reinstall) and NOT restore your previous 9780? Had some very weird issues myself after doing a restore from my 9700, so i installed .353 leak clean and no more problems.
    09-14-11 02:39 AM
    What if the problem still occur and they dont replace me because of the leaked OS update? i better prefer a replacement if they can or a Reinstall if they can. how abt that ? :/
    09-15-11 02:21 PM
    Any idea how to Re-install same .261. ??
    09-16-11 06:06 AM
    Sucks. I'm experiencing the same thing. What's frustrating is that I don't know if the phone has the problem or if my calls aren't connected. I sometimes call my clients twice before I realize what's happening.
    12-01-11 12:01 AM
    i replaced and still had this issue. i moved from Nework(prepaid - postpaid) and did so many upgrades on OS and now running the latest leaked 7.1 after a clean security wipe and no more third party apps installed so far. Works Perfect so far and Battery impoved so much that it stays almost a Day for me.
    12-01-11 12:28 AM
    sick problem
    My sis has a 9900 and my best friend has one
    both carry same apps same fw version
    my sis doesn't complain and my friend complains from this problem
    12-21-11 09:40 PM
    I had the very same problem with my Bold 9900. Pulling the battery would NOT work, the problem will return after wiping the phone.

SOLUTION:
    Uninstall your One Touch Flashlight, and Flashlight 2 for 1.
    01-10-12 12:37 PM
    I had the very same problem with my Bold 9900. Pulling the battery would NOT work, the problem will return after wiping the phone.

SOLUTION:
    Uninstall your One Touch Flashlight, and Flashlight 2 for 1.
    I am still facing the same problem I have not installed any of this application.
    01-10-12 02:06 PM
    Hi, if you have One Touch Flashlight installed please make sure to upgrade to the latest version 2.900 from App World. There is an issue with new OS from RIM that is causing the problem you are seeing and this release works around it.
    01-16-12 09:52 AM
    One Touch works fine on mine with 7.1, but MeterBerry and BerryWeather both cut outgoing voice during calls. No big deal, 7.1 is a leak, some apps will be incompatible.
    01-16-12 11:12 AM
    i have replaced 9 bold for, 1 torch 2... can any1 feel the maddness i have for bold 4 ?? ok, so what i have noticed in all phones is... after 5/6 calls it happens, no sound... after updating 3phones to the 2395, i noticed that it happens when i download some app or any app, less often by calls.. i never used flashlight apps, so for all oversmart people who says its because of flashlight app.. its not. the problem is RIM paying LOOSER engineers .. they all should learn from apple people as here in service center of blackberry, they say- sir plz buy i phone... thats so shame full ... n a soft reset will do instead of pulling out the battery... the phone here in my country cost around 700$ , but after replacing it like 10 times, i could have bought i phone 4 s, with far more better features then this awesomely looser phone...
    01-19-12 11:52 AM
    i have replaced 9 bold for, 1 torch 2... can any1 feel the maddness i have for bold 4 ?? ok, so what i have noticed in all phones is... after 5/6 calls it happens, no sound... after updating 3phones to the 2395, i noticed that it happens when i download some app or any app, less often by calls.. i never used flashlight apps, so for all oversmart people who says its because of flashlight app.. its not. the problem is RIM paying LOOSER engineers .. they all should learn from apple people as here in service center of blackberry, they say- sir plz buy i phone... thats so shame full ... n a soft reset will do instead of pulling out the battery... the phone here in my country cost around 700$ , but after replacing it like 10 times, i could have bought i phone 4 s, with far more better features then this awesomely looser phone...
    I feel for you, but I've had no issues whatsoever with my bold since getting it on release day here in the UK. Ive installed all the leaks except .190, and since Ive put .205 on, its performing better than it has at any point. Go grab a 4s if thats what floats your boat. But I'll stick with my flawless 9900 thanks!!
    01-31-12 06:06 AM
    mines doing the same thing every thing works fine just when making calls or when a call comes in i cant hear nothing . can any one help music works fine
    02-01-12 06:05 PM
    Not sure if this is helpful or not but I had posted in the 205 beta build on this issue. I didn't have it with the phone and the OS which shipped with it. Upgraded to 205 and it appeared almost as if the transmit/receive wasn't working. Call appeared connected but no audio at all. Didn't think to try anything else like music. A few people appeared to have the same issue. Solution until the next build seems to be turn off your mobile network then turn it on again.

Again, not sure if it is the same issue or if you are using the 205 beta OS but if you are it might give you peace of mind it isn't a hardware issue.
    02-01-12 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD