So I installed bb bridge on my dads torch from at&t and I noticed after bridging it with the pb the browser was grayed out. I clicked on it and it said I need a tethering plan. I thought th whle thing with the bridge was to not need one. Has at&t finally found a way to stop this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 10:26 PM
    First of all, please read before post.
    And to answer ur question, YES, AT&T needs tether plan for bridge.
    How to trick this? Delete the downloaded AppWorld version Bridge App from ur father's Torch and install the OTA version from rroy.
    08-28-11 10:42 PM
    Remove the at&t bridge and install the OTA link for the bridge posted here and everything will work perfectly.
    08-28-11 10:42 PM
    If you installed it via App world then your stuck.

ATT does not allow bridge browsing without their tether plan.

There is a link somwhere in these forums to download a version of Bridge
    that we bypass ATT evil plan.

I would leave ATT, but then thats just me.

Tim
    08-28-11 10:43 PM
    Dude. AT&T is so evil.

I'm never going there. ew.
    08-28-11 10:47 PM
    Thank you for all the replies, I did look around but I guess I was searching incorrectly. At&t sure is evil, fortunately I'm not with them, unfortunately I'm with t-mobile... So can only guess how it'll be for me in a year or so.

08-28-11 11:02 PM
    Here is the link for the OTA for the non AT&T Bridge

www.rroyy.com/ota/
    lklim likes this.
    08-28-11 11:06 PM
    Is there anyplace to get the various cod file(s) for the Bridge. I have OS5 but would not mind stockpiling versions of Bridge for other os versions. The links are to the jad (install) files. I just looked an there are 13 modules - a bit much, maybe.
    08-28-11 11:53 PM
    outstanding! I was just on the phone with ATT... When I first got my 9810 the bridge browser worked then the next day they said I need a tether plan. Data is data if I have it on the phone it should work on the tab... I love ATT but this is sick.
    08-29-11 01:19 AM
    AT&T Blows, all they are doing is nickel and diming customers for a system that already does not work that well. They came is dead last in the last consumer reports that rated cell phone service.

The very first post in the playbook forms is a sticky thread that has the links to the OTA bridge download. BTW these downloads are the same exact file everyone on other carriers downloads from app world its just AT&T cripples the file you down load from APP world.
    08-29-11 08:28 AM
    So I installed bb bridge on my dads torch from at&t and I noticed after bridging it with the pb the browser was grayed out. I clicked on it and it said I need a tethering plan. I thought th whle thing with the bridge was to not need one. Has at&t finally found a way to stop this?

just to keep the record straight, at&t didnt simply "find a way to stop this", rim actually turned on their customers and cooperated with at&t to remove it.

previously you could find soundbites of rim bragging about "using your berries existing data plan" to browse the net. Those promises have disappeared or on some cases been modified with a disclaimer regarding checking with your carrier.

So yes at&t is a sorry pile of dung for this but rim was somewhat of a partner in crime. it sure is a tell-tale sign of the change in the times, as.once upon a time rim was king of the hill and had the leverage to most likely leave the feature in. Thanks to on going gross mismanagement and poor decision making their market share has slipped and now the shoe is on the other foot, leaving them to have to cator to the carrier lest the carrer tells them "we wont take your phone then."

Personally the issue forever strikes at&t off my list of candidates should i ever bail from my carrier.

08-29-11 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD