I haven't seen any discussion of this elsewhere, but a nice update I've found is that Gmail features (Stars, labels, etc.) are now baked-in directly when using the "Messages" app. Previously you could only access these via the email-specific Account icon.

I've found that the features are available both when you have the message itself open, or from the list of messages. i.e., when you bring up the BB menu while highlighting a msg, you get different options depending on if the msg is from a Gmail account (including Google Apps, which is what I'm using) vs. a BES or non-Gmail account.
    08-27-11 03:54 PM
    Well spotted!! This is awesome, cos in the past if I got an email and opened it through the notification drop down list and then wanted to apply a label or star it, I would have to exit out then re-open the email in the Gmail folder, now we can do it from the main messages folder. Good news
    08-29-11 04:41 AM
    Ack! No I'm in the opposite camp. Give me back my Gmail enhanced plugin. With OS6 and the gmail plugin I could configure my Gmail mailbox to behave like the real thing (threaded, stars, labels etc) and my corporate Outlook mailbox to behave like the real thing (standard chronological email). Now the only option I have is 'group by subject' and it applies to all mailboxes.

I miss the old way... honestly though, only complaint about my 9930.
    08-30-11 12:51 PM
    I'm also liking gmail features in the main message box. also, messages within a conversation will be grouped and much nicer looking than enhanced plugin, where it used to say 2 items for example.

Also, can't figure out what is happening with bulk emails. I get them in the inbox, when i exit the message disappears. Not bad thing but curious where to find it??? could find them on universal search though.
    08-31-11 10:31 AM
    Did anyone figure out how to deal with sent emails? With the gmail plugin I could send emails to myself and they would show up in my inbox, but then when I sent mail out from my account (not to myself) they wouldn't show.

So essentially I had hide sent email checked before and it worked perfectly, but now with hide sent email it doesn't show emails sent to myself. This is a big thing for me because its how I manage my to-do list.

Thanks!
    09-02-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD