Was looking for a version of WhatsApp for OS7... is there any?

my GF useing a iphone which disconnect from MSN very offten due to low reception and when its reconnect its dosent do it correctly ... like some contact still showing as offline or she dont recive all my messages.

if there is no WhatsApp version does someone know a alternative for whatsapp which is free for iphone and BB?... then i got something till there is a working version of whatsapp
    08-27-11 02:08 PM
    I would like to know the same thing. I hope more apps are available sooner than later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 02:14 PM
    You can download it from here WhatsApp :: Download (I have a feeling it's draining my battery)
    KoreAairlines likes this.
    08-27-11 02:18 PM
    thanks i will try the direct download and see how it works.
    In app world it says whatsapp is not available for the 9900
    08-27-11 02:22 PM
    Yeah it's not available through App World but i downloaded it from their website it works
    08-27-11 02:23 PM
    Yeah it's not available through App World but i downloaded it from their website it works
    i downloaded it a week ago too from another site. i wonder why it is not on app world. i hope they are not having issues with RIM?

i really home RIM work out a way to bring skype into blackberry. that would be awesome !!!
    08-27-11 03:34 PM
    i downloaded it a week ago too from another site. i wonder why it is not on app world. i hope they are not having issues with RIM?

i really home RIM work out a way to bring skype into blackberry. that would be awesome !!!
    My VZW bold came with a Skype icon which leads to a download for Skype Mobile. Downloading it now actually.
    08-27-11 04:06 PM
    I got in a bit of some incorrect info me to blame with another poster the other night about this subject.

Anyway the best way top find out what apps are OS 7 compatible is to look on app world on your new device and if it is there then it should be optimized for OS 7.

Also there are some other apps like quickpull which was my mixup with the other fella the other night where an OP had asked about this type of app and I suggested he use it as it works on my new 9930 but because it did not show up in app world he was afraid so the other fella which I should have done gave him the direct link to Steelhorn to download it and it does work. So does Meterberry which iI use alot so you sometimes have to go off app world and give some a try. If they don't work you willl not be able to DL the app or if it lets you but does not work.... just delete it!

Sorry for such a long answer.
    08-27-11 05:58 PM
    why don't you try ebuddy xms
    eBuddy XMS - Do more than SMS

this one works BETA with BB , iphones , androids and the web
    Mecca EL and KoreAairlines like this.
    08-27-11 06:21 PM
    thanks for the answere ... any answere is appreciated no matter how long

according to the whatsapp download page whatsapps is optimized for OS 7,
    and so far i had no problems with it.
    But for meterberry i figured out some bugs .. for once it sometimes dosent updated my average battery use over hour and sometimes it does.
    Another minor bug is you cant adjust which tabs to display at the starting screen ... neither trackpad or touchscreen let you chose while beeing in the the dropdown-list.

@themarco how does skype work for you?
    08-27-11 06:32 PM
    thanks for the answere ... any answere is appreciated no matter how long

according to the whatsapp download page whatsapps is optimized for OS 7,
    and so far i had no problems with it.
    But for meterberry i figured out some bugs .. for once it sometimes dosent updated my average battery use over hour and sometimes it does.
    Another minor bug is you cant adjust which tabs to display at the starting screen ... neither trackpad or touchscreen let you chose while beeing in the the dropdown-list.

@themarco how does skype work for you?
    I logged on and saw my contacts. I haven't made a call with it yet. I usually Skype with video so I'm not sure how useful this is for me. Also, for some REALLY WEIRD reason this only works on the cell network and not wifi. Very strange.
    08-27-11 06:38 PM
    i have whatsapp runing on my 9900 works fine, but as xTALLBANx mentioned, looks like it is really draining the life out of the battery, but i had the impression already on my 9800.......whatsapp is a great tool....i wonder if androids and iphones do have the same battery issues with whatsapp
    08-28-11 02:04 AM
    I have other apps running so I don't even know if whatsapp is the cause of my battery drain. Are you guys saying that if I uninstall whatapp, my battery life would increase considerably?

But I was using whatsapp on my 9700 and 9800 and my battery life wasn't this bad. I just think this battery issue is the tiny and low capacity battery that RIM attached to this phone.

08-28-11 02:26 AM
    whatsapp is not yet ready. if you unistall it, your battery will increase.
    i hope they optimize it soon.
    timeXway likes this.
    08-28-11 03:17 AM
    Can anyone tell me what the latest version of Whatsapp for BB is? Is it 2.6.5918?

I can't download it from their website (says browser is not recognised), and the version available in App World (2.6.5918) was released back in May of 2010.
    08-28-11 03:53 AM
    Yes the latest version is 2.6.5918. But you should be able to download directly from their site, as that's what I did (and everyone else here)... Strange

36thDisciple likes this.
    08-28-11 06:22 AM
    Version 2.6 7269 available for download WhatsApp for BlackBerry

08-29-11 05:12 AM
    I thought if e.g. you have an BB and somebody else has got an iphone/ android and got whatsapp you can communicate over bbm to your friends who`s got whatsapp on their phone....?? that�s at least what i read
    08-29-11 06:11 AM
    I thought if e.g. you have an BB and somebody else has got an iphone/ android and got whatsapp you can communicate over bbm to your friends who`s got whatsapp on their phone....?? that�s at least what i read
    Not sure where you read that but it's untrue!

08-29-11 06:15 AM
    they should do a better job with the icon in the notification bar... it's really poor quality as in it's very pixilated!
    08-29-11 12:48 PM
    if you like to test the newest version, have a go at:
    WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    08-29-11 12:55 PM
    if you like to test the newest version, have a go at:
    WhatsApp for BlackBerry
    does this one stop the battery drain?
    08-30-11 06:29 PM
    I can see it in App World.

Version 2.6.5918
    08-30-11 06:38 PM
    Whatsapp seems to be coming out with new versions on a daily basis! .7305 is the latest so far...

08-30-11 06:40 PM
    of what use is the daily upgrade if it doesnt solve the accusation of battery drain?
    or are they adding new features?
    08-30-11 07:15 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD