Anyone else haveing an issue with BB Protect not working? I can log into the website but it cant find my phone. The phone app works and I have allowed it access to everything. When I click on the website to show the phones location I can see the up/down arrows on the phone flashing but it never finds my phone. I have deleted it and reinstalled it but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
    08-27-11 10:29 AM
    GPS only really works outside, so you'll have to try that when your blackberry is outside. You could try the blackberry protect website from your blackberry's OS 6 browser like I did to test it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 02:00 PM
    All good here.

08-27-11 02:21 PM
    Anyone else haveing an issue with BB Protect not working? I can log into the website but it cant find my phone. The phone app works and I have allowed it access to everything. When I click on the website to show the phones location I can see the up/down arrows on the phone flashing but it never finds my phone. I have deleted it and reinstalled it but still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

I am having the same issue here. I have BB 9850 and have BB Protect 1.1.1.50. The app seems to be working on my phone but whenever I login to BB Protect website, I can login just fine but it cannot detect my device. It (BB Protect site) is also asking me to download another version of BB Protect which is not compatible on my phone.

I have seen this work on my other phone (BB9780) and it's amazing. Have you solved this problem already?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
    12-04-11 07:50 PM
    I am having the same issue here. I have BB 9850 and have BB Protect 1.1.1.50. The app seems to be working on my phone but whenever I login to BB Protect website, I can login just fine but it cannot detect my device. It (BB Protect site) is also asking me to download another version of BB Protect which is not compatible on my phone.

I have seen this work on my other phone (BB9780) and it's amazing. Have you solved this problem already?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
    Mine is working. But when the phone position is inside a building it shows accuracy
    around 3km. I can ring my phone though.
    12-11-11 06:33 AM
    i m using blackberry bold9700 and BB protect is not working even skype and yahoo and hotmail messenger is also not working......m upset .....what to do???????????????help me
    03-15-12 08:23 PM
    i m using blackberry bold9700 and BB protect is not working even skype and yahoo and hotmail messenger is also not working......m upset .....what to do???????????????help me
    Last I heard, skype doesn't work unless you're on verizon or 3UK. Resend servicebooks, re-register under Host Routing Table, try a battery pull.

If they don't work, reload the OS, if that doesn't work, ask your carrier if there are any outages.
    03-15-12 08:26 PM
    Mine is working. But when the phone position is inside a building it shows accuracy
    around 3km. I can ring my phone though.

It's working now. After i posted my issue here, i tried security wipe, reinstalling my 9850's OS until i thought of creating another Blackberry ID. After creating and logging in to BB Protect, it automatically detected my location and everything worked smooth. Apparently, it was an issue with my BB ID.

**i had to repurchase the apps i paid from appworld but it was worth it.
    03-15-12 08:39 PM
    thanx but m new on tell me about service book........
    03-15-12 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD