I need to update my twitter profile and the PB browser always opens the mobile site, can't do it there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 08:22 AM
    There's a link for desktop on almost all sites. Usually found at the bottom of the main page. Once it's switched, which almost all do (I have found a few sites that force mobile it's damn near impossible to defeat), bookmark the desktop version, and it should always open to it using that link.
    Barefoot_Kevin likes this.
    08-27-11 08:59 AM
    This one is very well hidden. Haven't found it yet.

08-27-11 09:09 AM
    For Twitter I had to log out before the link for the regular web site would show up. Once I switched to full and logged back in, I was able to use the desktop version. Now if I could just figure out how to get the link to show up for G-mail I would be set
    08-27-11 09:14 AM
    saw this in another thread....

mobile twitter site on the pb doesn't have a link to the main twitter site. you need to change the url

once you've logged into the mobile site, change the url to:
    mobile.twitter.com/settings/change_ui

this will switch you to the main site. cool thing is that you only need to do this once. after that the twitter launcher will take you to the main site.
    08-27-11 09:15 AM
    For Twitter the link says "Standard"

Twitter
    08-27-11 09:17 AM
    Thanks everyone. Got it to work using the /settings/change_ui address.

08-27-11 09:52 AM
    Interesting the difference between the native browser on the phone and PB. I'd have expected it to be easier accessing a full site from the PB.
    08-27-11 11:05 AM
    Anyone know how to fix it on msnbc? Hate the mobile site.
    08-27-11 02:30 PM
    Anyone know how to fix it on msnbc? Hate the mobile site.
    msnbc also provides the option at the bottom of the page to 'switch to regular msnbc' or words to that effect. Once you switch to the full site, you can bookmark it for future use.

EDIT: Ah, scratch that. I see once you start navigating within the full site, it reverts to Mobile. Very annoying.
    Last edited by Newfangled Gizmo; 08-27-11 at 02:50 PM.
    08-27-11 02:45 PM
    is there a way to change it for mlb.com ?
    12-14-11 11:56 AM
    msnbc also provides the option at the bottom of the page to 'switch to regular msnbc' or words to that effect. Once you switch to the full site, you can bookmark it for future use.

EDIT: Ah, scratch that. I see once you start navigating within the full site, it reverts to Mobile. Very annoying.
    Yes it is. Sometimes it will go to mobile with just a ribbon of text to the far left and the rest of the screen blank.
    12-14-11 12:07 PM
    You can use the browser posted HERE and it will allow you to change the browser ID Agent. Works well for sites that just dont format well on the PB.

Its a nice thing to have "just in case".
    12-14-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD