The ALL NEW TORCH 9850 / 9860 is finally here!

We just unlocked a bunch of Rogers 9850's today and man is it a nice phone!

Since the 9850 / 9860 torch is a new model, a lot of people may want to know how to unlock it, so we've shared the BlackBerry Torch 9850 / 9860's Unlocking Instructions below!

First you will need your BlackBerry Torch 9850 / 9860's Unlock Code (MEP code)

You can get your unlock code a number of ways

1) Call your carrier and request an unlock code, (tell them you're going overseas for a better chance of getting it)

2) You can INSTANTLY get your Unlock Code from us at BlackberryCodeSource.com or from any of the other unlockers on crackberry

Here's a coupon for 40% OFF " crackberry "

Once you have your TORCH 9850 / 9860's unlock code, you just need to enter it following these simple steps.

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card – one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code

3) Enter your TORCH 9850/9860's unlock code.

You will not receive a “Code Accepted” messages or anything of the like,
    but your phone will stand at the homescreen. *

Wait a few seconds and it should connect to the network carrier that the inserted SIM card is from. *

That's it! Easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

or you can enter your unlock code like this

1) Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Sim Card

2) Press and Hold the ALT key and type the letters "mepe" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

(If the ALT key is not showing on your keyboard hold down the 123 key it will switch to the numeric keyboard with the ALT locked down)

3) Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).

You should be prompted for the code. If you're not prompted for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2

4) Enter the provided unlock code

it's recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry

Now you're free to use your BlackBerry TORCH 9850 / 9860 with any GSM network worldwide!

If you have any Blackberry related questions whatsoever send us an email, we're happy to help!

Cheers!
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 10-26-11 at 05:54 PM.
    TTBGF likes this.
    08-27-11 03:22 AM
    Thanks,

Always happy to help out!
    08-28-11 04:49 PM
    On OS7 you need to hold down alt first and then type mepe to get the unlock window.
    08-28-11 11:05 PM
    good job done ..... BlackberryCodeSource
    very welldone.....
    08-29-11 09:31 AM
    Thanks Josh,

We're always glad to be of help unlocking Blackberrys

Best Regards,

BlackberryCodeSource.com

good job done ..... BlackberryCodeSource
    very welldone.....
    08-29-11 01:11 PM
    Just to update everyone the Verizon 9850 is and has been fully supported for unlocking since it released a few days ago.

We have unlocked many and can confirm that it is 100% unlockable.

When unlocked the Verizon 9850 will work with any GSM network worldwide.

If you want to unlock it or have any questions at all let us know,

Cheers!

James
    09-09-11 07:07 PM
    but can't figure out where to type it in?
    10-03-11 10:16 PM
    Hi TangoXray,

It's really easy once you have your unlock code please use the following instructions:

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card � one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code

3) Enter your TORCH 9850/9860's unlock code.

or you can enter your unlock code like this

1) Go to Options -> Device -> Advanced System Settings -> Sim Card

2) Press and Hold the ALT key and type the letters "mepe" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing)

3) Once you see the Personalization Screen type "mep [alt] 2" (without the quotes, you will not see anything on the screen when typing).

You should be prompted for the code. If you're not prompted for the code, Press and Hold the ALT key and type MEP2

4) Enter the provided unlock code

it's recommend to do a Battery pull after unlocking your Blackberry

Now you're free to use your BlackBerry TORCH 9850 / 9860 with any GSM network worldwide!

Let me know if you have any questions at all we are happy to help,

Cheers!

James

but can't figure out where to type it in?
    10-04-11 04:09 AM
    Hi Everyone,

We need 1 video of you unlocking a 9850/9860 Torch

If anyone wants to make a video of unlocking your 9850/9860 torch we will do it for free
    in exchange for a video.

email me at James @ BlackberryCodeSource.com if you are interested.

We only need 1 video for now, so let us know if you want to unlock it.

Cheers!

James
    10-20-11 05:20 PM
    Stop Spamming on here

For instructions on how to input codes for any Blackberry just visit Unlocking Instructions � MD Outlets

They also sell unlock codes for only $9.95. You get the code in under a minute or its free!
    10-23-11 05:04 PM
    make your own videos it's always better that way
    10-24-11 11:33 PM
    Yes, but we also like to get videos of real customers unlocking phones sometimes

Cheers!

James
    10-25-11 04:01 AM
    Just turn it to number and after typing MEP, then type 2.
    10-28-11 12:16 PM
    I think that was already understood,

but thanks it may help someone

10-29-11 08:15 PM
    I just won a 9860 through my work I do for Optus however I am a Telstra customer. I have a valid mep code to enter to unlock the phone as it appears to not be recognizing bandwidth 850 (that Telstra 3G uses here in Australia). I presume this means it is locked. It accepts the Telstra sim but doesn't pick 3G up so data is slow. I can't find a way to enter the mep code even following both options on this thread ie put sim in or go to options and eventually to sim etc... Can anybody help as I want to access 3G for the faster data ASAP obviously
    11-07-11 07:27 AM
    Do they have the same 3G frequencies?
    11-07-11 10:15 AM
    Hi Jagreening,

You're phone is already unlocked if it's from optus and a telsra simcard works in it.

If both networks use the same 3G frequencies then it should work on 3G.

Try going to the network settings in your phone and check it, maybe the phone is set to 2G and you can switch it to 3G.

Cheers,

James
    Last edited by BlackberryCodeSource; 11-08-11 at 04:14 AM.
    11-08-11 04:11 AM
    Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce that we are unlocking the new AT&T Blackberry Torch 9860 that came out today!

We can instantly unlock your AT&T Torch 9860

If you have any questions at all and need help unlocking your AT&T 9860 let us know,

We're always glad to help!

Best Regards,

James
    11-08-11 04:13 AM
    I have a Torch 9860. When I'm in the advanced settings, I hit ALT and it brings up the number pad, or symbols pad. I can't type MEPE without turing ALT off (since the numbers and symbols now occupy the keys).

How can I do this on the 9860?
    11-11-11 01:08 PM
    Hi aeromang,

You can do it in landscape mode,

or

Just do it this way instead

1) Insert an unaccepted SIM card � one that's not from the network your phone is locked to.

2) Select yes when prompted if you want to enter an unlock code(MEP Code)

3) Enter your Torch 9850 or 9860's unlock code.

(NOTE you may need to switch the phone to GSM MODE if it's not yet set to it. You can do this in the network settings section.)

Cheers!

James
    I have a Torch 9860. When I'm in the advanced settings, I hit ALT and it brings up the number pad, or symbols pad. I can't type MEPE without turing ALT off (since the numbers and symbols now occupy the keys).

How can I do this on the 9860?
    11-11-11 07:01 PM
    Very Helpful. A good set of instructions for confused new comers.
    11-15-11 12:10 PM
    Thanks,

Hopefully it's of use to someone
    11-20-11 10:45 PM
    This did not work for me on my 9860.

I had to type the corresponding alt characters in order to be prompted for the unlock code.

On the SIM Card screen, I had to type: =2@2

Hope this helps someone. Oh, and I got an unlock code for my Bell 9860 off eBay for $1 from mobile_cellution. Phone was unlocked in 10 minutes.
    KaceS2K and JWWDUKE like this.
    11-25-11 06:14 PM
    Hi there,

I purchased an unlock code from your site and right after I paid it froze my browser. There was not any unlock code and there was no e-mail with the unlock code afterwards either. I tried using the contact form as well as general e-mail address to get help at 8:20 PST (between the stated 10am to 2am time). It says reply within 30minutes between that time and I'm worried this site is not being maintained. It's also time sensitive as I'm purchasing this second hand and need to know it works completely soon so I can still hunt the person down if it doesn't work.

Please let me know how to proceed, I'm anxious as heck...

Thanks.
    03-16-12 12:10 AM
    Hi,

Sent you a couple emails but didnt get a reply yet please email me
    At [email protected] with your phones model, IMEI# and network/country your phone is locked to and I can check your order and resend your unlock code right away.

Thanks

James
    03-16-12 02:06 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD