Just starting a thread for all the case fans. I go through a number of different cases each time I get a device. I made 2 videos for the Bold 9900 so far...

One stop ULTIMATE CASE SHOWDOWN VIDEO....

New Case Reviews now live!

Questions, comments, feedback and your pick for a case if you find others. Please post below!
    Last edited by furiousferrari; 02-10-12 at 02:43 PM.
    08-26-11 03:31 PM
    Sena Cases Magnetic Flipper (love this case for my Tour 9630, it protects the whole front of the phone when not in use and activated the sleep function. Has Belt clip too.)
    Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Bold 9900 / 9930 Leather Cases Magnet Flipper for BlackBerry

CaseMate Barely there Brushed Aluminum looks nice, doesn't look like it will give much drop protection but it is thin enough that it looks like the Pod charger can stil be used as well as the holster.
    Case-Mate BlackBerry 9900 / 9930 Barely There Brushed Aluminum Cases (Case-Mate BB9900-ALUM), BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Cases, Covers, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories for the Bold 9900

CaseMate Tough Case
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Tough hard shell case by Case-Mate

I like the Otterbox Commuter you mentioned but it doesn't offer a holster or belt clip option but has superior drop protection.

Seidio traditionally has quality gear but hasn't jumped in for the Bold 9930 yet.
    08-26-11 03:56 PM
    Nice post....I like that brushed aluminium one.

That case mate one looks way to thick. Good protection though if thats what you need.
    08-26-11 06:26 PM
    i also like the brushed alu case from case mate, but hate the big logo on the bottom right of it...
    08-26-11 08:39 PM
    Great videos and reviews. This will definitely help me pick a case for my Bold 9900.

I, personally like the black OEM hard gel skin in the first video.
    08-26-11 11:30 PM
    Anyone using the BlackBerry OEM hard case? Considering getting that one. Looks pretty sick. Also, looks really simple and thin. I don't like bulky cases at all.
    08-26-11 11:45 PM
    I am debating if I should get the OEM hard gel case / screen protector OR OEM pocket sleeve / screen protector.

The sleeve looks beautiful.
    08-26-11 11:56 PM
    Going to be doing a video review on the OEM hard shell case as well as the Otterbox Defender in the next few days. Stay tuned on my Youtube!
    08-30-11 02:14 AM
    I have the oem sleeve with screen protector. Love it.
    08-30-11 07:49 AM
    I am using the oem hard case. it is great fits like a glove. but doesn't fit in the supplied oem 9900 leather holster. Does anyone know for sure if the barley there case fit in the holster on the phone of course. thanks
    08-30-11 08:57 AM

jagger_reed likes this.
    08-31-11 11:09 AM
    I bought this one in blue, it feels really good and makes your phone stand out from the rest. It's lightweight, thin and probably the same concept as the Case-Mate Barely There.
    08-31-11 11:55 AM
    I am using the oem hard case. it is great fits like a glove. but doesn't fit in the supplied oem 9900 leather holster. Does anyone know for sure if the barley there case fit in the holster on the phone of course. thanks
    The OEM hard case doesn't fit in any holster well because of the rubbery sides. I tried it with 4 different ones, including one that's huge; nearly impossible to get it out once it's in there without using two hands.

i had a couple of the hard plastic Case Mate Barely There cases for my Storm2, including one that looked like stainless steel. I do tend to drop phones; the CM BT cases did a good job, and slipped into my Storm2 holster like they were buttered. I'm not sure about the aluminum one, though...
    08-31-11 12:03 PM
    Full body clear protection from clearfreak.com and the OEM softcase in black
    08-31-11 12:06 PM

Thanks for the reviews. I'm torn between the Otterbox commuter and CM barely there, how do they compare? Is the Otterbox much thicker than the CM?

Thx
    08-31-11 12:14 PM
    Has anybody bought one of the full body skin cases? Like a screen protector only all over .... I'm thinking about pulling the trigger ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 12:51 PM
    Casemate is top notch, right along with Otterbox. I will either get the Barely There or OEM Gel case when I get mine...which won't be for a while, cuz AT&T sucks
    08-31-11 01:05 PM
    Ordered OEM leather pouch case on the ebay. Was sold out everywhere else. Did not receive it yet..
    08-31-11 01:56 PM
    thanks for the reviews what color is that casemate brushed aluminum u got. is it black or silver?
    08-31-11 02:02 PM
    Otterbox Defender case IMO is the best bang for your buck. 4-piece case completely encloses the underside if the phone while in use. when not in use and placed in holder, the case shields the screen from any damage or bumping 9/10
    08-31-11 02:14 PM
    any reviews preferably video reviews of the impact esries
    08-31-11 03:25 PM
    I've got the Defender for my 9930, and let me tell you - it's the first time I've been disappointed in Otterbox.

The case has very thin rails on the sides of the phone near the middle with barely a lip to hold the silicone in place. If you don't inset the phone perfectly into the bottom of the holster before snapping it in, the 'arms' on the holster will pull the silicone right out of the channel.

The holster should definitely have been designed like the 9630/9650's drop-in design. I'm probably going to stop using it & get a OEM hard shell + 9000 holster (just my 2�).
    08-31-11 03:42 PM
    I used to always buy soft gel/silicone cases on the street in New York and was happy with them.

BUt the OEM hard case looks pretty sweet maybe more protection than the gel.

I just wish it came in cool colors not just black! (I would get the green Barely There in electric green but afraid it won't cover enough of the phone)
    09-01-11 05:01 AM
    Here's an idea: how about the Otterbox Commuter case paired with the leather swivel holster for the Bold 9000? Has anyone tried that? I'm wondering how the fit would be and if the sleep function would work...
    09-01-11 12:05 PM
    this thread is worthless.... without pics!
    09-01-11 12:30 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD