Just a happy note to say that with every update and "tweek" this sweet little tablet keeps getting better and better.

combined with this weeks new OS7 Torch I've fallen in love again.

P.S Try the Sms bridge app....works like a million bucks!!!!
    08-25-11 09:29 PM
    sms bridge?! where?? I don't see it in the bridge section of my playbook
    08-25-11 10:02 PM
    just a happy note to say that with every update and "tweek" this sweet little tablet keeps getting better and better.

Combined with this weeks new os7 torch i've fallen in love again.

P.s try the sms bridge app....works like a million bucks!!!!
    what what!!?
    08-25-11 10:07 PM
    find it at blackberry.com

its an older post but de developer has worked out bugs
    08-25-11 10:07 PM
    Link please.
    08-25-11 10:08 PM
    p.s. you download to your BB phone
    08-25-11 10:09 PM
    What is it called?
    08-25-11 10:10 PM
    sms bridge
    08-25-11 10:11 PM
    p.s. not free but i find worth the couple bucks.

you CAN NOT start a sms tread but you can reply back and forth once started
    08-25-11 10:13 PM
    Buy SMS Bridge for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download SMS Bridge for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

It's an app for your phone that basically treats SMS messages like emails so you can read and respond via your PlayBook.
    08-25-11 10:34 PM
    Yeah, sad to say but this is typical of RIM. Launch crap with potential and then take a year to refine. To bad it gets torn to shreds in the meantime.
    Don't get me wrong, I fought through the urge to sell off my PB early on. I decided to wait and see what RIM would do with this thing and they are slowly getting it right!
    Looks like OS 2.0 is going to be what they should have launched with, and given what has happened in the Tablet wars over the Spring and Summer, they would have been better off launching in October for the Holiday Season sales and spared themselves the beating they took over the half-baked OS it launched with!
    08-26-11 06:59 AM
    Yeah, sad to say but this is typical of RIM. Launch crap with potential and then take a year to refine. To bad it gets torn to shreds in the meantime.
    Don't get me wrong, I fought through the urge to sell off my PB early on. I decided to wait and see what RIM would do with this thing and they are slowly getting it right!
    Looks like OS 2.0 is going to be what they should have launched with, and given what has happened in the Tablet wars over the Spring and Summer, they would have been better off launching in October for the Holiday Season sales and spared themselves the beating they took over the half-baked OS it launched with!
    Seriously? That's your complaint? What about waiting two years (IIRC) on the iPhone for something as simple as cut and paste? And it hasn't been a year since launch. It was released in April.

So there.
    08-26-11 08:54 AM
    Seriously? That's your complaint? What about waiting two years (IIRC) on the iPhone for something as simple as cut and paste? And it hasn't been a year since launch. It was released in April.

So there.
    It's not a complaint... it's an observation. Guess you can't understand commentary vs whining. I see you're from Wisconsin, so I understand the lack of perspective. geez
    08-26-11 09:25 AM
    So I'm bridged to my OS6 9700 and I'm reading this forum on my playbook, I clicked the above link from my Playbook bridge browser to check out the app (I understand it has to be done from the phone, I just wanted to see if it was only OS7 compatible), and nothing happened. So I clicked the link again... still nothing. At this point I'm thinking my EDGE connection has gone down so I unlock the screen on my 9700.... first thing I see, App World is open, at the page for SMS bridge, ready for download. Love how I keep discovering new features like this.
    08-26-11 10:13 AM
    It's not a complaint... it's an observation. Guess you can't understand commentary vs whining. I see you're from Wisconsin, so I understand the lack of perspective. geez
    Wow. Thanks for the personal attack.

I guess when you wrote, "Yeah, sad to say but this is typical of RIM. Launch crap with potential and then take a year to refine. To bad it gets torn to shreds in the meantime" isn't the same tired complaint that others have been posting ad nauseum.

I see you're from Tampa, so I'll have to explain: 'Ad nauseum' means that something, usually an argument or a discussion, has been taken to a ridiculous or disgusting extent, basically to the point of nausea for the participants.
    08-26-11 10:42 AM
    you can start the conversation using this app. when u start the app scroll down and click add @bb.sms to contacts. now if u want to text someone, send to that. done like dinner.

gotta love my PB and BB phone
    12-10-11 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD