Okay I tried to search for this answer but have been unsuccessful. I've spent hours (literally) speaking with verizon, both in the store and on there tech support line to try and resolve this and no knows sh@@ about it at verizon. I have the 8830 w/e and if someone sends me a pic message I dont get it. I receive every other text msg but never a pic msg. Not even a msg to go to another site to view - it just never comes through. Now I know it doesn't have a camera so I cant take pics, but what is the problem with receiving them? Is there a fix to this? Please help. Am I forced to buy a curve instead?
    08-22-08 01:59 PM
    the 8830 WE for verizon does not recieve MMS

however you should receive a text saying you received a picture message and you can just follow a link to view the picture through the browser
    08-22-08 02:10 PM
    This is because Verizon decided to not enable MMS on the 8830 (e.g. they never released the MMS service books for the 8830). If I recall correctly, they didn't see to point in enabling it due to the fact that the 8830 doesn't have a camera. I never understood it either, seeing as we can store pics on a media card. Just another example of VZW's warped since of (non) logic, IMO.
    08-22-08 02:16 PM
    the 8830 WE for verizon does not recieve MMS

however you should receive a text saying you received a picture message and you can just follow a link to view the picture through the browser
    I thought I would at least receive the text directing me to a browser as well, I don't even receive that. I think I may need to go with the curve, or hold out for a bit and get the bold
    08-22-08 02:39 PM
    I think I may need to go with the curve, or hold out for a bit and get the bold
    If you're waiting for the Bold to come to Verizon, you better pack a lunch and a sleeping bag. It'll be quite some time before it's released in a CDMA version. Looks like you're Curve shopping (unless you want to get the latest, greatest thing from VZW and wait for the Thunder....
    08-22-08 02:42 PM
    I always get a txt saying: "you've received a pix message! To view go to www.vzw.pix.com and follow directions". This never works bc it asks me for a password... Anyone have thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 04:00 PM
    No camera, no MMS. That's Verizon's mentality. Doesn't matter if the device supports MMS (which the 8830 most certainly has the capability to send and receive MMS), if it doens't have a camera, they don't see a point in enabling it. Verizon is the suxors!
    08-22-08 04:48 PM
    I just have everyone email pics to my bb or send me pics via bbm. Works fine for me ,but I will be upgrading to the thunder as soon as it comes out!
    Plus, the WE is used a lot in corp america & corporate doesn't want their employees to have a camera on their phone or send pic msgs for confidentiality reasons.

08-22-08 05:01 PM
    I always get a txt saying: "you've received a pix message! To view go to www.vzw.pix.com and follow directions". This never works bc it asks me for a password... Anyone have thoughts?

Make sure you have an online verzon account just go to verizonwireless.com

Its the same account you use to view your bill online

08-22-08 06:15 PM
    Okay I tried to search for this answer but have been unsuccessful. I've spent hours (literally) speaking with verizon, both in the store and on there tech support line to try and resolve this and no knows sh@@ about it at verizon...
    What a sad commentary...obviously nobody in the store owned an 8830, or he'd have known what every Verizon 8830 owner soon figures out. If you're still within your 30-day grace period, return the 8830 for an 8330 and get 50% more memory plus a camera and MMS. Unless you're planning to use the international GSM capability, there's no real reason to choose the 8830. Don't misunderstand, it's a good phone, but if you want the camera and don't need the SIM card capability, get the 8330.

08-22-08 06:36 PM
    i completely agree with you jeff if your within the 30 day take the 8830 back i regret not returning mine within the 30day period. The ability to travel worldwide is handy, but not as commonly used as mms...personally. anyone wanna trade 8830 for 8330
    08-22-08 10:21 PM
    To answer your question call 8009220204 from a seperate phone and ask to speak to tech support your issue can only be resolved at a network level and a tech representative will be able to fix it for you

08-23-08 07:41 AM
    What question are you answering? I don't believe you can enable MMS on a Verizon 8830 by calling tech support. I don't have access to a separate phone, or I'd call.
    08-23-08 08:30 AM
    The original question of not even receiving a sms notification that a picture has been sent. It goes to pix place on the vzw domain and it can be retrieved from there and saved to the phone from the internet if desired

08-23-08 08:39 AM
    Thanks for all the replies - its somewhat comforting to know that I am not alone, although still frustrating to all. I just dont understand the mentallity of Verizon on this one. The sad part is that when I went to the Verizon store I was actually speaking with a tech person who owned the same phone and he even had no clue!

Unfortunately for me I am out of my 30 day period and Verizon is not budging on taking it back to give me credit - this is disturbing since I have a business account with several phones with them. Still they say "I'm sorry but there is nothing we can do". I would really like to cancel the whole account but verizon has the best network in my area. I don't even receive the text to go the the verizon web site to view the picture - its weird, I receive nothing at all when a pic is sent to me.

I think I am going to have to give this phone to one of my employees and get the 8330 for myself.
    08-23-08 08:40 AM
    Yeah - I am unable to ever find the MMS online even after I log in. Nothing ever shows up.
    08-23-08 09:58 AM
    I wish these guys would come out with a camera-less curve. Sadly I had to take the 8830 just bc of the lack of a cam.

08-23-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD