Hi there, I wonder how's the touch experience on the 9810, is it compared to the iPhone 3gs, 4... or is it a bad experience.

Cheers. .
    08-25-11 11:07 AM
    It is a great experience. I have an iPhone 4, had an iPhone 3Gs and have both the Torch 9810 and the 9800. The 9810 is smooth, fluid, and no lag. The screen is not as large as the iPhone and it is no Retina display, but is bright snappy and looks very good. I think you will enjoy it.
    08-25-11 11:21 AM
    Thanks for your quick response, since you have iPhone 4, and the 9810, is the 9810 as responsive as iPhone 4?.

Thanks.
    08-25-11 11:23 AM
    As an old iPhone user who changed to a 9810 I was slightly nervous. The screen on the 9810 is very responsive and it works well. To me it doesnt feel any different than my iphone did, just smaller screen real estate. Im very happy with the screen so far, it gets the job done. The onscreen keyboard takes some getting used to if your an iPhone user. I've found myself using the slide out keyboard more and it's fantastic. Just go to your local atat store and check it out for yourself, you won't be dissapointed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 11:28 AM
    I can second scottae316, I've used the same devices and love the snappiness of the 9810. I think it may be the better resolution with the faster processor that makes it seem a lot snappier than the 9800. Overall very impressed with the phone, sometimes i catch myself just swiping the screen up and down just because it moves so much more fluid than my 9800 did.
    08-25-11 12:04 PM
    Coming from an iPhone, there's a slight decrease in screen size but resolution is great and it's nice to have the trackpad and buttons within thumb's reach so that all your navigation functions are centralized and easy to use... something the iPhone lacks.

I also loved that whenever I'm entering text in the browser or an app, the physical keyboard allows you to enjoy the full size of the screen without a virtual keyboard popping up and blocking half your view. They both have their pro's and con's but not any dealbreakers IMO
    08-25-11 12:33 PM
    Thank all of u for ur responses, my only concern is if I'm going to have the same touch experience, responsiveness, and all that stuff, I get on an iPhone.

Thanks .

08-25-11 01:17 PM
    It's freakin' quick. My only complaint with the touch screen is in the browser -- it's not quite as precise as the 9800 was in later OS releases. With any luck I'm hoping to find out tonight if the latest leak improves that. Otherwise, everything is just plain snappy. Tack onto that the newest bridge functionality for the PlayBook, I am one pretty satisfied customer.

08-25-11 01:21 PM
    Thank all of u for ur responses, my only concern is if I'm going to have the same touch experience, responsiveness, and all that stuff, I get on an iPhone.

Thanks .

The only way to know for sure is to try one out for yourself. Others have already noted the major differences. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the new Torch.

08-25-11 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD