It is very disappointing to see the posts for the 'Deal of the Day', only to get to the end and see "Note, the deal is not available in our Canada store." This coming from a website created by a canadian, all about a canadian company. Come on, Crackberry, show some love for us canadians. We want deals, too!
    08-25-11 10:34 AM
    Have to agree there.

Where is the love guys? I'd buy all my BB shwag from the store if we had a bit more equality.

I thought with all this social networking integration we're truly going borderless.... or is that only in the digital world?
    08-31-11 10:49 AM
    I was just about to make a new thread on this exact thing. Would be nice for us Canadian Crackberry users to get the benefit of all these discounted accessories and such.
    08-31-11 12:14 PM
    You know how long it took to even get the Canadian store?!? Its a valid concern though you guys should get special deals too. i can't say for certain but i suspect that a different company runs the Canadian store than the American store. However they certainly can and should run similar specials. The accessory deals are a new thing so perhaps the Canadian store just has not started doing them YET. Also the daily software deals can easily be purchased by Canadians and Americans alike.

Hopefully Kevin can provide more info.

*Update I spoke with Kevin he is out and busy at the moment, BUT he will give us an update on this as soon as he can. So you all can expect him soon, just check back folks.
    08-31-11 08:02 PM
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the info here. Glad to see there's demand for the Accessory Deal of the Day. We have been receiving a lot of great feedback on it.

So here's the quick overview:

Currently, our Canada store and US/International store are managed and run independent from each other. Our main store is based in the USA (Florida) serving US and International customers (Canadians can still order from the main shop.crackberry.com store instead of ca.crackberry.com if they want to and take advantage of the Deal of the Day, but the shipping options are more expensive - you'd want to order a lot of stuff to cost average it down), while we have a separate warehouse and facility in Canada serving our Canadian customers. So things between the stores right now are not always in sync - different suppliers, acquisition costs, inventory levels, etc.

A lot of the the Deal of the Day promotions you have seen so far have been to blow out excess inventory on the main store, hence why it's not in the Canada store (Canada store doesn' have the same overstock, etc.) and while supplies last. Once we work through the excess inventory we'll work more to coordinate the efforts.

TAKE NOTE CANADIANS - the Canada store also runs a bunch of sales and deals that are not in the main store. So you should also be checking the Canada store directly on a regular basis to see what deals are offered there. Also note, with a Canadian IP address you'll get re-directed to the Canada store, but there's a link at the top right corner that'll take you to back to the main store.

The e-commerce teams are working hard to constantly improve our offerings and how we do things. We're seeing a lot of great feedback on the Deal of the Day, so I'm hoping we will be able to get things going soon so it's available in both stores and beyond. Heck, I'd sure love us to open a European store too - we see a lot of demand for it. Things take time though.

So that's the story right now. Appreciate the understanding on why the DoD is not in the Canada store right now. Personally being in Canada, I feel your pain! Hopefully we can change that - we'll keep you posted.

Kevin
    09-01-11 10:05 AM
    Hey Guys, Take Note... Today's Deal of the Day (September 1st) is ALSO Available in the Canada Store

BlackBerry OEM Premium Folding Blade Charger (2 X faster Charging!) - CrackBerry Canada
    09-01-11 10:25 AM
    Kevin,

Didn't realize you are also a Customer Service Guru but seeing the DoD in Canada too, the next day..... that's unbelievable response time!!!

I'll let you take full credit for orchestrating that within 24 hours.
    09-01-11 11:13 AM
    Thanks for the heads up, Kevin. It's great to get a real explanation as to what's going on. I appreciate you answering on this one.

The canadian store does indeed have specials (which I have taken advantage of in the past), and it is the ONLY place I buy gear for my Bold, Playbook and my wife's Pearl.

Keep the RIMpire striking!
    09-01-11 12:36 PM
    One of the Mods helped a little too. EVEN though he's an American.

BTW I took advantage of yesterday's special too, and what was even sweeter, was when I applied the 10% coupon I earned from LAST week's special.
    09-02-11 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD