i swapped to a 9900 last night, swaped the BB over to the 9900 via bis, Emails etc, even app world

went into BBM to restore via email (all emails are registered for backup/restore) and it sent the email but just sat for HOURS waiting for that email to come

I checked my spam filters on Gmail and even used the BIS address no luck

2 of my friend who also swapped to 9900 last couple of days had the same issue. is there an outage RIM level on the BBM email restore? i tweeted the @blackberryhelps account no answer.

my only recourse was to restore from memory card and i basically had to go reinvite all my 100+ contacts.

anyone else having the issue or is there an outage?
    08-24-11 08:18 AM
    yea, i swapped to a 9810 on monday and was expecting to restore my bbm contacts via email backup but no luck.

it says the verification email has been sent but the device never receives it. checked the junk mail and all that but no luck.

this did work before after updating my old storm1 to a new os so the email backups are there somewhere but this verification email is not coming through.
    08-24-11 12:56 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue, I was switching from my 9800 to the 9900 and it just said the verification email has been sent, went into my hotmail couldn't find nething. This is a real problem because I find that this is the easiest way for me personally to transfer contacts from phone to phone. I'm not sure if its an internal problem with rims servers or what it may be but its a pain in the ***. Iv tried doing it countless times as I had to manually readd everyone and it still has not worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 01:30 PM
    It worked fine for me - but a device switch using Desktop Manager will also switch all your BBM contacts over. In fact, even back up and restore using DTM will work fine.
    08-24-11 01:36 PM
    Odd, very odd.. seems like the service itself was either down or being transitioned over the BB protect maybe

Shadwellal, if i use DTM and restore a contact list that will send out my new pin "in the background" to my contacts so they never know i've swapped devices?
    08-24-11 09:24 PM
    Hey guys good news, seems like the isuse with email registration is fixed now. I think it was just an issue on rims end because I checked my 9900 5 mins ago and redid the registration and it was complete withtin a couple mins. So if ur still trying to restore by using the email method it should work fine now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 03:16 AM
    Odd, very odd.. seems like the service itself was either down or being transitioned over the BB protect maybe

Shadwellal, if i use DTM and restore a contact list that will send out my new pin "in the background" to my contacts so they never know i've swapped devices?
    That's correct. Done it for 3 devices - worked seamlessly every time. AFAIK contacts were unaware of any change.
    08-25-11 03:42 AM
    Had the same problem here (UK) it evenutally worked but now all bar 1 of my contacts are greyed out.
    08-25-11 03:54 AM
    Guys, if you have your old Berry. The easiest way to transfer over your BBM contact is to save them locally instead of remotely. This will save your contacts to the SD card. Then put the SD card into your new phone, then restore your contacts from the SD card.
    08-25-11 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD