Hello,

I am using a Bold 9700 and it has been a while since i have backed up my phone, i just recently purchased a new windows 7 asus laptop with 16gb ram and i wanted to use my monster machine to help me quicken the process of backing up my Black Berry since i know it does take some time.

However, After performing the Backup, the Backup processing bar gets stuck on BB groups 1 of 11 , i waiting for 30 to 45 mins and it was in the same position.

Eventually i canceled the process and i removed the USB cable.

How do i solve this?

Regards
    deejayraz
    08-24-11 04:59 AM
    Go into BBM's options, there should be an option to do a wireless backup with the e-mail address you use most often. Go about it that way, then try again with DM. You could also back it up to the SD card.
    08-24-11 12:15 PM
    I've had similar problems with an earlier version of Desktop Manager.....after downloading V 6.1.0.35, my BB successfully creates a back-up file and lets me know if there was a file it did not back up....on my last back-up it did not back-up the browser cache.....no big deal. Make sure you are using the latest version of DM. I deleted the earlier version on my laptop using the control panel and installed the above version.
    08-25-11 05:49 AM
    Bought a new laptop and downloaded latest version of DM..still stuck at BB Groups..doesnt move forward even if you keep it for an hour..also tried updating the BB software to os6 through DM..gets stuck at back up and obviously i have no choice but to force to shut down my laptop and unplug the usb. I stopped trying after that , worried i may corrupt my device. What do i do?
    08-28-11 03:21 PM
    You didn't need to waste money on a new laptop when the current one needed just a factory restore. Also, do a selective restore and uncheck bbm groups. It should work that way.

Bought a new laptop and downloaded latest version of DM..still stuck at BB Groups..doesnt move forward even if you keep it for an hour..also tried updating the BB software to os6 through DM..gets stuck at back up and obviously i have no choice but to force to shut down my laptop and unplug the usb. I stopped trying after that , worried i may corrupt my device. What do i do?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 05:47 PM
    Did you turn your wireless connections off?
    08-28-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD