I'm interested in what you think. I think i might go back to my i4.....
    08-24-11 02:56 AM
    Why are you thinking of switching back?
    08-24-11 05:14 AM
    I would be interested as well. Though I like my son's i4, the secure messaging platform and device customization are a couple of reasons to stay. If the T2 does not meet your needs, then switch back. More feedback is needed. Don't expect the T2 to outperform it. The QNX phones due out next year should give the i5 some stiff competition.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 06:07 AM
    And I'm doing just the opposite, leaving the Iphone 4 and coming back to the new 9810, can't wait!!!!
    08-24-11 10:21 AM
    It's certainly a lighter device than the 9810. That's my wife's first reaction to the 9810: "it's heavy."
    08-24-11 10:30 AM
    I thought that because of the bedazzled cover that it was lighter and a bit thinner than the 9800.
    08-24-11 10:49 AM
    It is all in what you want/like, yes the 9810 is heavier, but it has a real keyboard, to me that is all important, but if you like virtual typing then the ip4 is for you, or perhaps check out the 9850 instead. Other than that it is the standard iphone vs BB debate, iphone has more apps, BB is excels at communication and security.

CS
    08-24-11 11:30 AM
    New to CB nation here, I just switched from my ip4 to the 9810 yesterday. I've owned an 8900 in the past, so I had been missing out on the BB features we all know and love. Legit email, accurate and fast typing, quick multitasking, and that LED! OS7 is a huge improvement since I left the BB community. For what I do mostly texting, emailing and some browsing, the new torch is perfect. I love the screen real estate.

I had an epihpany yesterday: when pounding out an email on my ip4, the onscreen keyboard and top toolbar limit my viewable area for emailing to about 1.5"! I'm sick of it! Now I've got 3.2" to view anything even when typing. Its a big difference that you don't really notice if you haven't experienced both. Navigation through pages menus and apps is so much faster with the touchscreen and I always fall back to using the trackpad for a majority of the time. I've also missed having a BACK button! Forget reaching across the screen for onscreen buttons or fighting autocorrect software keyboards when trying to type uncommon words and names. I am annoyed with the super sensitive unlock button unlocking in my pocket, does anyone have any advice for this?

As a college student in a world of iLovers, it feels good to be back to BB!

08-24-11 12:46 PM
    New to CB nation here, I just switched from my ip4 to the 9810 yesterday. I've owned an 8900 in the past, so I had been missing out on the BB features we all know and love. Legit email, accurate and fast typing, quick multitasking, and that LED! OS7 is a huge improvement since I left the BB community. For what I do mostly texting, emailing and some browsing, the new torch is perfect. I love the screen real estate.

I had an epihpany yesterday: when pounding out an email on my ip4, the onscreen keyboard and top toolbar limit my viewable area for emailing to about 1.5"! I'm sick of it! Now I've got 3.2" to view anything even when typing. Its a big difference that you don't really notice if you haven't experienced both. Navigation through pages menus and apps is so much faster with the touchscreen and I always fall back to using the trackpad for a majority of the time. I've also missed having a BACK button! Forget reaching across the screen for onscreen buttons or fighting autocorrect software keyboards when trying to type uncommon words and names. I am annoyed with the super sensitive unlock button unlocking in my pocket, does anyone have any advice for this?

As a college student in a world of iLovers, it feels good to be back to BB!

You'll have to live with the unlock button problems. It plagued the original Torch and sucks on the 9810 as well.
    bmacc likes this.
    08-24-11 01:21 PM
    I love my ip4 and was going to give it up after coming back to the BB 9810... NOT! I'm keeping both for different reasons. In all honestly there is no comparison between that ip4 and the BB they both serve their purpose, but the BB is prehistoric in graphic, resolution and applications. Yet it's simple and easy to do the basic task of staying organized without being nickle and dime. The ip4 is superior in everything! I just hate the fact that it's glass, and you have to handle it like a baby with care if you prefer NO CASE, as in my case I hate cases, I prefer both devices barenekkid.

Oh well, just sharing my POV
    Have a crackleberry day
    08-24-11 01:32 PM
    I wish I had the pockets to carry both! Durability is a pro for the BB. As far as being prehistoric, it may not have quite the fancy graphics and slick animations, but for anyone that has compared opening/closing folders between the iphone and BB, I think that Apple's folder animation is frustratingly slow to the point where i only put apps I wasn't using in folders. BB simply just pops open and closed quickly--the way i want it. Navigation through the OS is significantly faster (maybe not as pretty) on BB but the trade-off for functionality is a definite plus in my shoes. iOS5's notifications is an exciting addition I look forward to, but I'm definitely loving my caseless productivity workhorse.

Is the torch unlock button prone to get even more sensitive/looser?
    08-24-11 02:13 PM
    I guess I was premature in coming to the 9810 in the first place. There was really no great reason other than that i thought I missed my bb(previous pearl, curve, and bold) after using iPhones for the last couple years.

Yet now that I have it I find myself missing all the things on the iPhone I used. I'm a stay at home mom so having speedy email isn't that important to me. However having access to our bank app is. Unfortunately it doesn't work on this bb. Also I have a daughter with some serious medical stuff so we have LOTS of appts to keep track of and the app i use on the iPhone gives me a calendar with color coded appts so I know who needs to go where and when yet on the bb it works like ****. Also NOOK doesnt have an app for the torch at all apparently and no info on if or when they will. Being as busy as i am getting in some reading whereever i can is enjoyable for me.

Yes I hate the stupid non customization of it and the damn virtual keyboard but I don't think that was enough to switch.

I'm just super torn and wish I could just combine the two and be happy.
    08-24-11 02:39 PM
    the BB is prehistoric in graphic, resolution and applications.
    Prehistoric? The resolution is just not as good as that of the iPhone 4, which has a 326 pixel per inch display. The 9810 has "only" a 253 ppi display, but that's vastly superior to the 163 ppi display on the iPhone 3Gs. And once you get above 250, most people really can't tell the difference.

Apps you're right about, although I wouldn't characterize any BB app as prehistoric -- I believe you mean the selection of apps is, shall we say, inadequate in comparison.
    08-24-11 03:23 PM
    I just changed from the Iphone also, I am guessing you bank with USAA, which doesn't have an BB app, but you can put a link to the mobile website on your home screen. As far as calendar apps, check out google calendar, you can make customized calendars and sync it with your BB. Good luck.
    08-24-11 03:26 PM
    @USArmy Wife
    Is having an iPod touch an option?
    08-24-11 03:26 PM
    I can't think about changing back to BB yet unless it's a 9900 (I like candy bars) or a QNX device. I have just invested too much money in iOS apps and such that it would be hard for me to switch to BB and carry another device with me (iPod). For some reason, the 9900 just speaks to me because I loved the 9700, 9000, and 8900.
    08-24-11 03:37 PM
    It is all in what you want/like, yes the 9810 is heavier, but it has a real keyboard, to me that is all important, but if you like virtual typing then the ip4 is for you, or perhaps check out the 9850 instead. Other than that it is the standard iphone vs BB debate, iphone has more apps, BB is excels at communication and security.

CS
    I don't understand why someone would chose a 9850 over an iPhone. If you love touch screen only slabs, why not go for the market leader.
    USArmyWife1982 likes this.
    08-24-11 03:51 PM
    I don't understand why someone would chose a 9850 over an iPhone. If you love touch screen only slabs, why not go for the market leader.
    Why would you go for any android phone then? What you are saying makes only a slight bit of sense. Yes apple has a great device but people like different features from all the phones. Definitely not a fanboy argument here but everyone has there own preference, heck people are still buying windows phones, variety is good it keeps each company moving forward. Rims been moving very slowly but atleast we are finally getting somewhere, I mean cmon apple just repackaged the same thing for a couple generations as well. These companies milk the consumer for what they can.
    08-24-11 04:05 PM
    @USArmy Wife
    Is having an iPod touch an option?
    Hubby said no but I don't see why if I sell the iPhone I can't. I have to work on him some more I guess.

Problem is. I have too many gadgets. I have an iPhone, iPad 1 wifi, torch, and nook. Problem is I don't wanna carry all that **** around in order to suit my needs. Maybe I just ask too much lol.
    08-24-11 04:55 PM
    I just changed from the Iphone also, I am guessing you bank with USAA, which doesn't have an BB app, but you can put a link to the mobile website on your home screen. As far as calendar apps, check out google calendar, you can make customized calendars and sync it with your BB. Good luck.
    Yeah we do. Wish they would just create an app lol. Ughhh I'm so torn.
    08-24-11 05:04 PM
    I'm torn too. I have a guy who wants to trade me a beautiful iP4 for my 9810. I am really considering it. For the display, and for the apps. Going to have to sleep on it.
    08-24-11 08:39 PM
    Why would you go for any android phone then? What you are saying makes only a slight bit of sense. Yes apple has a great device but people like different features from all the phones. Definitely not a fanboy argument here but everyone has there own preference, heck people are still buying windows phones, variety is good it keeps each company moving forward. Rims been moving very slowly but atleast we are finally getting somewhere, I mean cmon apple just repackaged the same thing for a couple generations as well. These companies milk the consumer for what they can.
    The main reason to pick Android over iPhone is the Google support is much better in Android though if you are on a GSM network the regular SIM is nice as is ease with which you buy an unlocked device.

The main reason to buy a BB over either Android or iPhone is messaging. Aside from actual phone calls, it's what the BB is best at. Typing messages is much easier with a physical keyboard, ergo the best BB to buy is the 9900/30 and the worst is the 9850/60. The 9810 is ok if you insist on a large screen but the keyboard is not great.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 08-25-11 at 05:50 AM.
    08-24-11 08:47 PM
    Count me as one of the people that moved from the iPhone 4 to the torch 9810 recently. The torch was a decent phone and the browser has improved, but I have already returned it and started using my iPhone again.
    08-24-11 09:27 PM
    why downgrade to the 9810?
    08-24-11 09:43 PM
    why downgrade to the 9810?
    Cause I'm an impulsive crazy person who was hoping she'd love it as much as she used to love BB before I tried the iPhone.
    08-24-11 09:53 PM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD