So I upgraded from my 9800 to the 9810 a week ago and after some teething issues I got it working well.

What I've learned:

I updated the OS to all the latest components. After doing this and rebooting a half dozen times most issues were resolved. However, after a device reboot I find it's best NOT to touch the device or run anything for a couple of minutes or things seem to hang for a while. No idea why, but I can reproduce this consistently.

The battery level indicator... SUCKS. This has to be tweaked. If I find the battery monitor is 25% or less I just reboot and it goes back up to 40% or more. And when I charge it, I get to 100% and reboot and usually it's at 90% or so. I wish this was worked out as to give a better indication. Is it just my unit? My battery and its charge circuit? I have no idea. If anyone else sees the same thing I would love to know.

The 1.2Ghz processor is worth the price of admission. The phone no longer feels sluggish like its predecessor and flies through anything I'm doing. The only exception is a couple of OpenGL games I downloaded which obviously weren't meant for mobile platforms so I deleted those.

The battery cover, oh my. What have they done? That was the first thing I tore off and replaced with the cover from my 9800. And yes, it's a perfect fit. The new design is slippery and I hate the look. The second is personal preference but the first is not. I hold it in my fingers and use my thumbs to push the screen up for the keyboard and I always feel like it's about to squirt out of my hands. The rubberized backing of the 9800 is far superior in my opinion.

Recharge time is great, no complaints.

I think the OS has issues with stuck tasks. Sometimes the phone heats up after I run a bunch of stuff and even if I close all the apps it stays hot and eats the battery. This isn't so bad though as a reboot fixes it and let's face it, this is a brand new phone right out of the gates so I expect a few bugs. This is not a biggie.

So for me, 9/10. I am very happy with it. It's just that stock battery cover that gets me. If I wanted flashy glittery stuff around me I'd get a couple dozen zircon rings put through my nose and lips thanks.
    soapfan9900 likes this.
    08-23-11 07:07 PM
    Love it too. Big screen and keyboard.
    08-25-11 12:41 AM
    Is this phone even released her?
    08-25-11 02:41 AM
    Is this phone even released her?
    Where are you? Would help to know your country and carrier.
    08-25-11 03:21 AM
    I love mine too!!! I thought I was going to hate the battery door but I actually like it in white.
    The only issue I have is that my wallpaper goes back to the default AT&T when I reset it. And the lack of themes bothers me.
    08-25-11 03:24 AM
    I have a feeling that a new OS update is right around the corner. AT&T seems to let two or three leaks release before stamping one official.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 05:51 AM
    Got mine yesterday and I agree with ya on all points. Battery door from my 9800 is way better, the phone just flies through everything. I do see the spinning clock once in a while, but it just flashes on the screen and its gone again.
    08-25-11 05:55 AM
    Agree on all points w/the OP....Love this thing. The web browser can be a little wiggie at times, but it'll smooth out. Some pages don't seem to render as well as on the 9800.
    A double tap doesn't seem to work as well either....again, I think it'll smooth out w/os releases.
    Really only 2 app's I use not os7 ready yet. They'll come around soon enough.
    Simply LOVE the stainless/brushed aluminum w/9800 black batt door look.
    Haven't had a chance to really give it a thorough "field test" yet though.
    (I've been bouncing back & forth btwn the 9800/9810)
    The keypad seems to be a little less "tactile" than the 9800. I'm hoping a couple weeks of pounding on it will knock it into shape. (I kinda recall the 9800 being the same way)
    All & all....great device!!
    08-25-11 08:15 AM
    was debating between the 9900 and the 9810 (was on 9800 before) and don't regret going with the 9810 one bit... I wish I could just switch seamlessly between the two of them for different tasks... the 9900 keyboard would be sweet... a slider with a keyboard the same size as the 9900 would be my ultimate device... I don't even mind if it's a bit thicker / heavier.
    08-25-11 11:02 AM
    was debating between the 9900 and the 9810 (was on 9800 before) and don't regret going with the 9810 one bit... I wish I could just switch seamlessly between the two of them for different tasks... the 9900 keyboard would be sweet... a slider with a keyboard the same size as the 9900 would be my ultimate device... I don't even mind if it's a bit thicker / heavier.
    I'm totally w/you on this!!!!!!!!!
    A 9900 slider. A screen that occupies 80% of the device w/a slide out 9900 style keypad.
    That would be "the" blackberry
    08-25-11 11:11 AM
    im from the uk! if i ordered a phone from rogers online would it work in the uk? and im on a network called 02 i have a 9800 currently
    08-25-11 11:16 AM
    I love mine, too, but, I am anxiously awaiting being able to use Life in Pocket, BOA mobile banking and Amazon MP3 again.
    08-25-11 04:41 PM
    Really happy to see some optimism on this device. if it were on my network i may have chosen it.

May have.
    But glad you are enjoying it.
    08-25-11 04:43 PM
    im liking how this device turned out for many folks.the silver looks sexy now doesn't it.torch 1 should have never been made.this is what should be.the white 9810 also looks sexy imo.a lot of women are loving it.any men rocking the white 9810?its like going back and asking any men rocked the 9800 in sunset red?lol.but in all seriousness,the 9810 has been positive all around.good for those who are happy with it.qnx torch will be heating up with discussions as we move on with time.but enjoy now.
    08-25-11 07:40 PM
    I personally love the battery cover. I guess I'm in the minority!

I am loving this phone by the way, makes my 9700 feel ancient
    08-26-11 02:28 AM
    I like mine also, but I'm worried about it heating up. Is there anything I could do to prevent this from happening?

08-26-11 02:47 AM
    I love mine too!!! I thought I was going to hate the battery door but I actually like it in white.
    The only issue I have is that my wallpaper goes back to the default AT&T when I reset it. And the lack of themes bothers me.
    I had that wallpaper problem too. Are you using a personal wallpaper or one of the preloaded ones? If it's a personal one-- and it's on the memory card... Make a copy of it onto the device (change the name slightly. Ex; if your pic is called "pic1" on the mem card, name it "pic1a" on the device). Use the device pic as the wallpaper. That's what solved it for me.

08-26-11 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD