The Wall Street Journal is reporting Sprint will start carrying the iPhone 5 and previous models in mid-October.

I've been waiting a long time for this. My wife has the Android platform and it is nice as well, but I have the iPod Touch and love it. My BB 8330 will be 3 years old by then and certainly ready to upgrade.

Sprint to Get Apple iPhone 5 - WSJ.com
    08-23-11 06:16 PM
    looks like Ill be adding a line!
    08-23-11 07:25 PM
    Say GOODBYE to unlimited data!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 07:55 PM
    Damn Sprint is killing it.....iPhone, Blackberry, Android they have it all covered.
    08-23-11 09:18 PM
    Yea,and the will also be KILLIN unlimited plans and have tiered plans do to the data-guzzling iphony.

08-23-11 10:55 PM
    Yea,and the will also be KILLIN unlimited plans and have tiered plans do to the data-guzzling iphony.

Yea that's the only thing that's going to suck if it does come to sprint lol hopefully sprint doesnt take away the unlimited data

08-24-11 12:47 AM
    Here comes the iPhone...there goes the neighborhood.
    08-24-11 01:57 AM
    Here comes the iPhone, great another dropped call on Sprint.
    08-24-11 02:28 AM
    Here comes the iPhone, great another dropped call on Sprint.
    The Verizon troll is back!
    meistro and mrrsquared79 like this.
    08-24-11 09:59 AM

What, like Android phones don't already do that?

Show me an article suggesting Sprint is doing away with unlimited data because of the iphone and maybe we'll believe it. Until then it's just "sky is falling" stuff.
    08-24-11 10:07 AM
    I'm sure it will be a big win for Sprint...maybe i'll even check one out when it hits, but I'd guess the total sales volume will be a mere fraction of what AT&T and VZW end up moving, at least at first.
    08-24-11 10:10 AM
    Good for business. I will most likely pass on it, but I am happy Sprint may be getting it.

I am not happy that unlimited plans may go the way of the Dodo...
    08-24-11 10:36 AM
    I'm sure it will be a big win for Sprint...maybe i'll even check one out when it hits, but I'd guess the total sales volume will be a mere fraction of what AT&T and VZW end up moving, at least at first.
    Not really! Actually Sprint could wind up hurting Verizon and AT&T

Sprint to land Apple's iPhone: How wireless carrier dynamics will change | ZDNet
    08-24-11 11:12 AM
    What, like Android phones don't already do that?

Show me an article suggesting Sprint is doing away with unlimited data because of the iphone and maybe we'll believe it. Until then it's just "sky is falling" stuff.
    I think you missed the point...

iPhone = a lot more customers (even if Sprint doesn't gain a lot of new customers due to the iphone like what happened to VZ, existing users will upgrade to it in large numbers). # of high data use phones = guaranteed to kill off unlimited data plans, just a question of when. Iphone will accelerate that.
    08-24-11 01:04 PM
    Goodnight sweet blackberry.
    jpzuppe likes this.
    08-24-11 01:27 PM
    Yeah and with all the new iCloud stuuf supposed to rival BBM and sync your group calendars--I've never been more tempted.

At least my completely sluggish data will be unlimited!

08-24-11 01:40 PM
    If every carrier takes away the unlimited data plans (assuming at&t takes away tmobile after they merge) because of the iphone that would suck so much. But sprint always markets how they have true unlimited data so hopefully they stay true and keep it that way

08-24-11 03:50 PM
    Yeah and with all the new iCloud stuuf supposed to rival BBM and sync your group calendars--I've never been more tempted.

At least my completely sluggish data will be unlimited!

Come on bb music!

08-25-11 01:48 PM
    If every carrier takes away the unlimited data plans (assuming at&t takes away tmobile after they merge) because of the iphone that would suck so much. But sprint always markets how they have true unlimited data so hopefully they stay true and keep it that way

certainly hope so!

08-25-11 01:49 PM
    After T-Mobile is absorbed Sprint will be the only major carrier not doing tiered data, and they will be adding a data hog to the network. They already added a $10 fee for all smart phones now over their normal pricing for data which is a scam to increase the cost of data without raising the cost of plan itself, even on phones like Blackberry that use very little data). They will not stop there I'm sure.
    08-26-11 08:46 AM
    I think you missed the point...

iPhone = a lot more customers (even if Sprint doesn't gain a lot of new customers due to the iphone like what happened to VZ, existing users will upgrade to it in large numbers). # of high data use phones = guaranteed to kill off unlimited data plans, just a question of when. Iphone will accelerate that.
    two things man.
    i read an article somewhere that sprint will sell aprox 1.2 million iphones but that was a prediction by the wsj i think.

and secondly i really hope they dont kill unlimited data and just give iphone users a special plan. it will cost more but they will have a special plan conformed to them
    08-26-11 08:14 PM
    After T-Mobile is absorbed Sprint will be the only major carrier not doing tiered data, and they will be adding a data hog to the network. They already added a $10 fee for all smart phones now over their normal pricing for data which is a scam to increase the cost of data without raising the cost of plan itself, even on phones like Blackberry that use very little data). They will not stop there I'm sure.
    Technically Tmobile has been doing limited data for a long time already, they just use bandwidth throttling once you go over the limit.

08-27-11 01:23 PM
    two things man.
    i read an article somewhere that sprint will sell aprox 1.2 million iphones but that was a prediction by the wsj i think.

and secondly i really hope they dont kill unlimited data and just give iphone users a special plan. it will cost more but they will have a special plan conformed to them
    Sprint needs to slap extra charge on iphone kids
    08-29-11 05:29 PM
    "Oh S**t there goes the planet". - Quote from Spaceballs Lol.
    08-30-11 12:25 AM
    any confirmation on this? if true sprint will be getting 2 new customers
    09-03-11 09:15 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD