Yep. Called GO Wireless to inquire to buy a 9930, because my local corporate store would not sell me one. (long story)

Said they did'nt carry BB because no one asks for them and they were going out of business. LOL I laughed so hard he thought is was a joke!

I told him they just launched 7-8 new phones and they had enough cash on hand even if they never sold another to stay in business along time.
    Stupid clerks... oh by the way we have Droids, he says.

No wonder poor RIM is getting bad press.

BTW got the 9930......lovin it!
    08-23-11 05:09 PM
    Did you tell him they posted a 38% increase for year on year sales in Q4 of 2010?

Yep, they're going to the dogs......
    08-23-11 05:21 PM
    This is one of the more unfortunate things RIM has to fight -- the salespeople who are so used to not having compelling BlackBerrys to sell -- they have grown accustomed to pushing everything else. Momentum -- it's hard to change.
    Last edited by southlander; 08-23-11 at 07:15 PM.
    08-23-11 05:53 PM
    I could rant forever about the stock market and how it's not even in touch with reality but I won't. Suffice it to say it's just a computer driven nightmare that unfortunately has relevance because normal people don't know how it truly works and don't protest against it. It really is a menace.
    08-23-11 07:10 PM
    Actually the 9930 is the first BB a verizon rep has pushed my way in a couple years. Could be because they know I like BB though. os7 will not make or break RIM. QNX will tell the tale......good or bad
    08-23-11 07:42 PM
    Is it April 1st already?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 08:20 PM
    Droids make me barf...ewww. The only reason people buy droids is for the stupid *DROID* notification.
    08-23-11 08:36 PM
    I concur. Try multitasking it is slowwwww

08-23-11 09:10 PM
    I have been saying this for a while that their biggest obsticle is sales people. They don't understand how to sell. Its always the same thing whenever I go in there "we have iphone or android" they think blackberry is dead and don't bother with it.

08-23-11 09:58 PM
    RIM isn't going out of business. No official blog entry or statement. A troll is a troll.

08-23-11 11:14 PM
    This attitude is making me start to hate droids.

08-24-11 02:13 AM

-
    I personally think the management either really believes RIM is going down or this is their business model to choose not to sell BB's. There was not 1 BB on display in this store. They all thought I was crazy buying a new BB. Talk about close minded.

08-24-11 07:54 AM
    My response to the Clerk would have been, "Right, and you are moving out of your moms basement too, right?"

08-24-11 08:18 AM
    I have been saying this for a while that their biggest obsticle is sales people. They don't understand how to sell. Its always the same thing whenever I go in there "we have iphone or android" they think blackberry is dead and don't bother with it.

They are not sales people then. They are order takers.

It is kind of how I feel about the counter guys at Grainger (take no offense anyone) because they don't sell anything.
    08-24-11 09:29 AM

Trying using one. ugh
    08-24-11 09:33 AM
    RIM isn't going out of business. No official blog entry or statement. A troll is a troll.

Did you even read the post or just the title? You're what's wrong with this forum
    08-24-11 11:17 AM
    Did you even read the post or just the title? You're what's wrong with this forum
    Wrong. I have no effect on this forum. Just making a point, unless I misunderstood the article.

08-24-11 11:19 AM
    Droids make me barf...ewww. The only reason people buy droids is for the stupid *DROID* notification.
    Funny, that was the first thing I turned off on all of my Android devices when I got them.

Also, what a bad store lol. They need to do some research it seems.
    Last edited by avt123; 08-24-11 at 11:25 AM.
    08-24-11 11:22 AM
    Wrong. I have no effect on this forum. Just making a point, unless I misunderstood the article.

What article? The OP shared a story saying that he wanted to buy a BB and the store said they didn't have them and that RIM was going out of business.

Did you even read what he said? If you did you can clearly see there were no intentions of trolling at all. It is quit obvious actually. Unless you are calling the guy who works at the store a troll? If not, and you are referring to the OP, it actually looks like you are the troll with that response.
    08-24-11 11:28 AM
    Wouldn't it be fun if somehow (hint, hint) we knew what store this was and each called them up asking for a 9930. They may start to realize that RIM is still in the game!

If nothing else, it would be kind of fun. Hahahaha!
    08-24-11 01:57 PM
    Sheesh! Nobody reads any more. It apeard to me all they really wanted to do was sell me something they had not what I wanted. When I finally got the 9930, while I was waiting the guy told another cusomer that the Assurion insurance was no longer available but HE had something better. I see a pattern. Just sayin.

08-24-11 02:01 PM
    Wouldn't it be fun if somehow (hint, hint) we knew what store this was and each called them up asking for a 9930. They may start to realize that RIM is still in the game!

If nothing else, it would be kind of fun. Hahahaha!

(661) 836-3431
    Have at it, enjoy1
    08-24-11 03:02 PM

Too bad you never met me when I was in my "sales days"! We didn't even sell BlackBerry's and I was pushing people to car mounted solar charger/battery and putting their music on a massive microSD card for their BB. Then selling them an iPod Touch to do whatever else they needed. :P
    08-25-11 09:10 PM
    i called the # asking for a 9930...the guy was so confused and uneducated...he says 'umm, i think we have a blackberry here....umm, one sec....ya, curve 3g'...i said 'no, the 9930'...he says, 'well, we don't really sell blackberries here, just usually androids'

this is why RIM is having a hard time hitting the end consumer...losers like this guy.
    08-26-11 03:43 PM
    i called the # asking for a 9930...the guy was so confused and uneducated...he says 'umm, i think we have a blackberry here....umm, one sec....ya, curve 3g'...i said 'no, the 9930'...he says, 'well, we don't really sell blackberries here, just usually androids'

this is why RIM is having a hard time hitting the end consumer...losers like this guy.
    Go into a VZW store before the 9930 came out (don't know if they are still doing it since new BBs came out), and they push everything but BB as well.

He is going to push what sells. If BBs aren't selling well for him, I don't blame him that he has a low stock and limited options.
    08-26-11 04:32 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD